+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i sponsor my brother?

Riad1477

Feb 11, 2019
Bjr tous le monde
I you écris in french is a maîtriser l'anglais.
Voila actuellement mon frère a déposé un dossier de parrainage. Lui qui est un RP au Québec. Pour me parrainer moi âgé de plus de 40 ans je suis marié et j'ai 2 enfants. Le dossier est reçu le 15 octobre 2018. Le 16 janvier 2019 il a reçu un AR confirmation de reception du dossier et qu'ils ont commancer le traitement le 15. Le 06 fevrier j'ai reçu un courriel de mississauga me demandant de payer les frais des données de biometrie . Actuellement j'attends la suite que j'espèrerai qu'elle soit favorable.
Notre cas est que mon frère est seul au Québec et aussi au Canada. Il n'a personne au Canada , célibataire sans enfants par contre il a une grande famille ici au pays une mère vivante des freres et soeurs des nieces et neveu....
Voila. On a tenter de voir si je peux etre parrainé ou pas.

Riad1477

Feb 11, 2019
vante : français
Bjr everyone
I write in French because I do not speak English.
Here is currently my brother filed a sponsorship file. He who is a PR in Quebec. To sponsor me over 40 years old I am married and have 2 children. The file is received on October 15, 2018. On January 16, 2019 he received an AR confirmation of receipt of the file and started the processing on the 15th. On February 6th I received an email from mississauga asking me to pay the fees. fresh biometric data. Currently I am waiting for the result that I hope it is favorable.
Our case is that my brother is alone in Quebec and also in Canada. He does not have anybody in Canada, single without children but he has a big family here in the country, a living mother of brothers and sisters of nieces and nephew ....
Here is. We try to see if I can be sponsored or not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vante : français
Bjr everyone
I write in French because I do not speak English.
Here is currently my brother filed a sponsorship file. He who is a PR in Quebec. To sponsor me over 40 years old I am married and have 2 children. The file is received on October 15, 2018. On January 16, 2019 he received an AR confirmation of receipt of the file and started the processing on the 15th. On February 6th I received an email from mississauga asking me to pay the fees. fresh biometric data. Currently I am waiting for the result that I hope it is favorable.
Our case is that my brother is alone in Quebec and also in Canada. He does not have anybody in Canada, single without children but he has a big family here in the country, a living mother of brothers and sisters of nieces and nephew ....
Here is. We try to see if I can be sponsored or not.
If your mother is alive then your brother cannot sponsor you and the application will be refused.

Riad1477

Feb 11, 2019
[QUOTE = "scylla, post: 7589920, membre: 51365"] Si votre mère est en vie, votre frère ne peut pas vous parrainer et votre demande sera refusée. [/ CITATION]

Merci pour votre réponse. mais alors pourquoi CIC ne me refuse pas depuis le début

Riad1477

Feb 11, 2019
thank you for your reply. but then why CIC does not refuse me from the beginningthank you for your reply. but then why CIC does not refuse me from the beginning
[QUOTE = "scylla, post: 7589920, membre: 51365"] Si votre mère est en vie, votre frère ne peut pas vous parrainer et votre demande sera refusée. [/ CITATION]

Merci pour votre réponse. mais alors pourquoi CIC ne me refuse pas depuis le début
thank you for your reply. but then why CIC does not refuse me from the beginningthank you for your reply. but then why CIC does not refuse me from the beginning

rick54

Oct 20, 2018
I think there is a lot of confusion on this site. It is like this. If a person is single in Canada. There is an order which he can sponsor. If you have an older brother and sister over 18, then you should first sponsor one under the Family sponsorship (both cannot be sponsored, you have to choose). Under Family you can only sponsor one 'other relative' if you are alone in Canada. The 'other relative' is defined on the CIC site aunt uncle, brother etc) .Once your brother/other relative is here then you can sponsor your parents as they fall under a different category. For parents there is no restriction for being single in Canada. If you plan to get married, sponsor your spouse last. Here too spouse falls under a different category. In this order most family members can get immigration to Canada. Now if you do it any other way, say sponsor your parents first, then you wont be able to sponsor any other relative including older siblings as now you have family in Canada and are no longer considered 'alone or single'. That's the problem I faced. I sponsored my mother first and had a sponsorship agreement. Then I tried sponsoring my older brother (40+ years old) (I had to choose between him and my sister) and his application was rejected and the reason given was I had my mother sponsored as a permanent resident. My mother has since given up her permanent residence, so I am now applying for my brother again for permanent residence.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think there is a lot of confusion on this site. It is like this. If a person is single in Canada. There is an order which he can sponsor. If you have an older brother and sister over 18, then you should first sponsor one under the Family sponsorship (both cannot be sponsored, you have to choose). Under Family you can only sponsor one 'other relative' if you are alone in Canada. The 'other relative' is defined on the CIC site aunt uncle, brother etc) .Once your brother/other relative is here then you can sponsor your parents as they fall under a different category. For parents there is no restriction for being single in Canada. If you plan to get married, sponsor your spouse last. Here too spouse falls under a different category. In this order most family members can get immigration to Canada. Now if you do it any other way, say sponsor your parents first, then you wont be able to sponsor any other relative including older siblings as now you have family in Canada and are no longer considered 'alone or single'. That's the problem I faced. I sponsored my mother first and had a sponsorship agreement. Then I tried sponsoring my older brother (40+ years old) (I had to choose between him and my sister) and his application was rejected and the reason given was I had my mother sponsored as a permanent resident. My mother has since given up her permanent residence, so I am now applying for my brother again for permanent residence.
This is incorrect.If your parents are alive, doesn't matter where they are (sponsored or not), you cannot sponsor a "other relative" or brother in this case.

So in your case, unless your mother passed away, you cannot sponsor your brother.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Yeah, you are wrong.. Your mother is still capable of being sponsored by you, so the brother doesn't have a chance...

Reactions: kcward7

rick54

Oct 20, 2018
If your mother is alive then your brother cannot sponsor you and the application will be refused.
I have just submitted the application for my brother. Will keep youll posted if accepted or rejected. Then everyone will know for sure.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I have just submitted the application for my brother. Will keep youll posted if accepted or rejected. Then everyone will know for sure.
It's pretty clear... not much that requires clarification..

Option 2: other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:

• you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece
  • you don’t have any of the above-named relatives who is:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The only way your sponsorship will succeed is if a) you lie about having a living parent that you could sponsor or b) IRCC make a very serious error in processing your application. You are NOT eligible to sponsor a sibling, if you have a parent who you could sponsor instead, via the PGP program.

Reactions: kcward7

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no confusion - the rules are black and white. Your application is going to be refused. You don't qualify to sponsor your brother.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We already know the answer. There's nothing that needs to be confirmed.