+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get my PGWP extended, got 1 year instead of 3! HELP!

Purvajask

Apr 28, 2020
thankyou
Sorry that you are going through that. To CIC, it seems they believe you studied for a year and that's why they gave you a year pgwp. You can open a reconsideration form with them but I don't know if its too late (just try). Call CIC representative on Monday and explaining clearly what happened and that you actually studied 2 years and not 1 but mistakenly didn't upload the second letter. Don't quote me on this but I honestly think your case might be better, if it was 2 years in Seneca college for a post-graduate program instead of 2 years of 2 separate programs. Ask CIC also if thats possible to get 3 years of post grad work permit, if they came from two separate programs. If not, pay for an hour consultation with an immigration lawyer and hopefully they find a way around it.

Janithahetti04

Star Member
May 17, 2020
I have completed masters program(2 years) in one year and just got 1 year work permit only. Mostly they gave 3 year PGWP but rarely they give 1 year. Is anyone faced same case? How to proceed here? please guide?
Hi. May I know which universities or colleges are providing this facility to complete quicker? Please suggest some names..

Emma0290

Jul 22, 2020
[
Hey! Not sure what happened with your case, but I was in a similar situation. I did 2 diploma programs of 1 year each and took a semester off between them. Ended up getting a 1 year work permit, called CIC and the agent sent my file for reconsideration. Within a month, I got my revised work permit of 3 years. Hopefully it worked out for you too :)
please did u call before it was posted to you or when you got the hard copy? Also, please what exactly did you tell the agent? thanks

Awatts

Jun 26, 2019
Brampton
Category........
WP
[

please did u call before it was posted to you or when you got the hard copy? Also, please what exactly did you tell the agent? thanks

Hello, Emma
I only called them once when I asked them to review my application after receiving my 1 year WP(hard copy). I told them exactly what my situation was, made sure they had all of my documents. My agent told me that this could have been an error on their part where maybe they somehow only saw one of my graduation letters. Of course this was just a guess, but she put my file up for reconsideration. She also told me there was no point calling back and if anything, I will get an email from them in case they end up extending it for me and then in a couple weeks, I got the email. Hope it works out for you too :)