+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply PGWP and spousal open work permit TOGETHER?

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello everyone!
I have recently recieved my pgwp and applied for BC PNP and recieved nomination. So today I sent my application for PR to IRCC (paper based) .
My husband’s owp will expire in September 30th and I don’t think I can find a job until then. Any suggestions on how he can extend his owp? He is currently working in a NOC B job and does not want to lose it.

And an important question:
How long maximum before expiry date he can apply for renewal?
Thanks
I have the same situation but my husband's owp will expire on NOV 30,2018 , he is working in NOC B as well ...

I don't know how to save him without losing his job , I am looking for a skilled job too >>

My question to you ..How did you apply for BC PNP without work experience , please more details because I'd like to apply for PR as well ..

Thank you in Advance ^_^

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have the same situation but my husband's owp will expire on NOV 30,2018 , he is working in NOC B as well ...

I don't know how to save him without losing his job , I am looking for a skilled job too >>

My question to you ..How did you apply for BC PNP without work experience , please more details because I'd like to apply for PR as well ..

Thank you in Advance ^_^
You'll have to look up whether you qualify for BC PNP or any of the other PNP programs or whether your spouse does. Unfortunately you'll still have the issue that you must find your own job in order for him to get a SOWP after the end of November.

Reactions: NoorNoha

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
You'll have to look up whether you qualify for BC PNP or any of the other PNP programs or whether your spouse does. Unfortunately you'll still have the issue that you must find your own job in order for him to get a SOWP after the end of November.

Thank you so much canuck78 , I'm still looking for a job hopefully I got any before the end of November

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022

Thank you in Advance ^_^
I have aapplied for BC PNP through skilled immigration- international post graduates program so it did not require job letter.

Reactions: NoorNoha

koraith

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

I am an international student who has completed his one-year PG Diploma program. My wife has an OWP and is currently working. My student permit and her OWP expire in January 2019.
I am deciding between doing a second program or availing the PGWP and looking for a job in the required categories.
It looks that I might get a job in the NOC B category. However, it's not at all related to my field of study or my previous work experience.
Will that be an issue when I apply for the extension of my wife's OWP? It doesn't seem to be mentioned but I want to make sure.
I am torn between paying a lot of money to do another study program, which would be the safer path, and taking up this NOC B job and take the risk. I want to know how much of a risk it is.

Thanks in advance,

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi,

I am an international student who has completed his one-year PG Diploma program. My wife has an OWP and is currently working. My student permit and her OWP expire in January 2019.
I am deciding between doing a second program or availing the PGWP and looking for a job in the required categories.
It looks that I might get a job in the NOC B category. However, it's not at all related to my field of study or my previous work experience.
Will that be an issue when I apply for the extension of my wife's OWP? It doesn't seem to be mentioned but I want to make sure.
I am torn between paying a lot of money to do another study program, which would be the safer path, and taking up this NOC B job and take the risk. I want to know how much of a risk it is.

Thanks in advance,
Hi , Koraith ,

I had this issue before until I decided to get a job this year because I spent a lot of money and I even studied another program that's not related to my field , As you know it is hard to find a job easily but all we need that extend spouse's OWP and we don't want them to lose their jobs . From my perspective, as long as you can get that job , there is no issue and Don't waste your time , just go for it

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi All,

As I told you before about my situation I just want to ask some questions and I really need your help

- My study permit and my husband’s work permit will expire in Nov 30,2018.

- After graduation in April,2018 I got a letter to apply for PGWP and extend my husband’s OWP ,I just applied for myself because the letter will expire in 90 days ,that time I don’t have any job .

- I got my PGWP valid for one year last month

- In this month I got full time job “level B” Administrative assistant “NOC 1241 “ I started on Sep 17 I want to extend my husband’ OW …?

- When will be the best time to apply for it .. ?

- Should I have to wait until the end of October ….?

- Do you think the hourly wage will cause any problem when I apply .. Because the company will pay me around $11.50 or 12 per hour ?

- My last question is Can I apply to renew my PGWP as well even it is a valid for one year? Because our passports have been renewed for two years…

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

As I told you before about my situation I just want to ask some questions and I really need your help

- My study permit and my husband’s work permit will expire in Nov 30,2018.

- After graduation in April,2018 I got a letter to apply for PGWP and extend my husband’s OWP ,I just applied for myself because the letter will expire in 90 days ,that time I don’t have any job .

- I got my PGWP valid for one year last month

- In this month I got full time job “level B” Administrative assistant “NOC 1241 “ I started on Sep 17 I want to extend my husband’ OW …?

- When will be the best time to apply for it .. ?

- Should I have to wait until the end of October ….?

- Do you think the hourly wage will cause any problem when I apply .. Because the company will pay me around $11.50 or 12 per hour ?

- My last question is Can I apply to renew my PGWP as well even it is a valid for one year? Because our passports have been renewed for two years…

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback
You can only apply for your spouse's SOWP when you have 3 pay stubs from your job plus meet all the other conditions. PGWP can't be extended. If you only studied for 1 year you only get a 1 year PGWP.

koraith

Apr 6, 2018
Hi , Koraith ,

I had this issue before until I decided to get a job this year because I spent a lot of money and I even studied another program that's not related to my field , As you know it is hard to find a job easily but all we need that extend spouse's OWP and we don't want them to lose their jobs . From my perspective, as long as you can get that job , there is no issue and Don't waste your time , just go for it
Thanks for your response. I ended up doing a second program because I couldn't find a job in the required NOC categories. One more year of studying but by then my wife should get her one year's experience and we will be able to apply for PR. Let's see...

Nov 12, 2018
Hi everyone, please help if anyone know regarding this.
Actually right now my situation is I have already applied for my PGWP online and it has been one and half month now and there is no decision made by cic yet. It is still in process

My concern is my husband is on open work permit now and it is going to expire on November 30th. So what should I do if in case there is a delay in my processing. I have my pay stubs and noc category job offer . Can I apply for my husband online as well with all documents while iam waiting for my decision or should I go to boarder. Please reply if anyone gone through same situation

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi everyone, please help if anyone know regarding this.
Actually right now my situation is I have already applied for my PGWP online and it has been one and half month now and there is no decision made by cic yet. It is still in process

My concern is my husband is on open work permit now and it is going to expire on November 30th. So what should I do if in case there is a delay in my processing. I have my pay stubs and noc category job offer . Can I apply for my husband online as well with all documents while iam waiting for my decision or should I go to boarder. Please reply if anyone gone through same situation

Hi Saraali ,

No worries , you still have time to apply for your husband's OWP just wait your PGWP we are still on the middle of November and his OWP expire in the end of it .. I think by the next week you'll receive it ^_^ , I applied for PGWP on June 6,2018 I got it July 25,2018 it took around 7 weeks .

good luck

Nov 12, 2018
Hi Saraali ,

No worries , you still have time to apply for your husband's OWP just wait your PGWP we are still on the middle of November and his OWP expire in the end of it .. I think by the next week you'll receive it ^_^ , I applied for PGWP on June 6,2018 I got it July 25,2018 it took around 7 weeks .

good luck
Hopefully, I will get it by next week