+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply PGWP and spousal open work permit TOGETHER?

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi again ,

Should I follow the same steps When I applied to get PGWP for the first time ?

As student ...!

Thank you

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hello All!
First of all, thank you so much for the amazing help that we can find reading this forum. :)

As I posted a while ago, I hold a SP and my husband a OWP. I already got 3 paystubs NOC B part time and my college finished 2 weeks ago. I have 2 specific questions, which I could not find the answer online (thank you in advance!)

-> My status on the college registration online system changed today to 'Awarded - Graduated' and I haven't received any letter yet. Can I continue to work until I receive a letter (either an email or mail) or the status is the same? Sorry, but I got confused with the CIC text, which says that I cannot work anymore after I receive written confirmation of completion.

-> I have 3 pay stubs NOC B, which I will use to apply to my husband's OWP. If I get a new job after applying and before the final decision, can I change jobs? My understanding is that I should wait for my new visa to do so, but I might be wrong. I feel that is weird to use stubs of a company and then change jobs before my new visa...

Thank you!!
Hello,

Did you use 3 paystubs PART_TIME to apply for your husband's OWP? there is no requirement for full-time, isn't it?.

gefiles

Nov 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I plan to apply for my PGWP and the extension of my wife OWP altogether, I have my job offer in NOC B and my 3 pay stubs, nevertheless, when I try to upload all the documents I couldn't find where to do it, I notice there's a field name "client information", but I don't know if I should use it for this purpose. Do anybody have experience on how to do it? Your help would really be appreciated.

Reactions: Damini Bhoi

Damini Bhoi

May 25, 2019
Hi,my owp is expiring, my spouse has pgwp, 3 paystub of noc B job, which form should I fill up to extend my sowp? Is it imm5710e? If yes it does not ask anywhere to attach 3 paystub of my spouse. Please guide me

Thank you

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hi,my owp is expiring, my spouse has pgwp, 3 paystub of noc B job, which form should I fill up to extend my sowp? Is it imm5710e? If yes it does not ask anywhere to attach 3 paystub of my spouse. Please guide me

Thank you
you should file the imm5710e APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA AS A WORKER. You must attach 3 pay stubs, can upload these in client information. Also, more important is the employment letter for the NOC B job.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hello everyone, I plan to apply for my PGWP and the extension of my wife OWP altogether, I have my job offer in NOC B and my 3 pay stubs, nevertheless, when I try to upload all the documents I couldn't find where to do it, I notice there's a field name "client information", but I don't know if I should use it for this purpose. Do anybody have experience on how to do it? Your help would really be appreciated.
Do you work part-time for NOC B before applying for PGWP?

Anil2049

Jun 20, 2019
I recently graduated from a university and become eligible to apply the Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Previously I was holding a study permit and my husband was holding an open work permit that is dependent on mine. Both our permits expire this August.

I am holding a job offer which falls in NOC Category A. I have accepted the offer and signed the contract. But the job will only begin in July.

Can I apply PGWP and my husband's spousal open work permit TOGETHER?
Or my husband can only apply spousal open work permit AFTER I obtain my PGWP permit and the first payslip from my employer?

I'm just a bit worried about the expiry date so I intend to do the first option of applying together. But the fact that there's not much discussion about applying together makes me hesitate. If any one has experiences on this, please kindly share; it would be greatly appreciated. I guess there are many ppl who have the same situation as mine.
My wife got approval letter today, her work permit is extended for 3 years, for the same period as my PGWP. :)
Hi jason,
When you applied for pgwp, in imm5710e form, in details of intended work in Canada section of the form, did you mention details of your employer like name of employer, complete address of employer, intended location of employment in Canada, your occupation in canada will be and brief description of duties etc in the form??
It would be great help if you can share this. I am applying for my pgwp and SOWP together, so I want to know if these things are need to be filled up in the form or leave it blank??

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
If anyone can ans please...
hi, Just wanna ask that can I have applied for my pgwp and my husband's open wp together.I have Noc b job .I have added my conditional job letter and after 1 month I have uploaded my pay stubs too .Its just because our wp are expiring on the same day and my college issued my graduation documents so late.
We are good? right?

gefiles

Nov 21, 2017
hi, Just wanna ask that can I have applied for my pgwp and my husband's open wp together.I have Noc b job .I have added my conditional job letter and after 1 month I have uploaded my pay stubs too .Its just because our wp are expiring on the same day and my college issued my graduation documents so late.
We are good? right?
We are good? right?

I applied for my PGWP at the border flagpoling in June this year. At the same time we tried to issue the extension for my wife's OWP and the official told us it was not possible, that we have to have 3 paystubs with my new condition as a worker, the ones we got were obtain as a student so they were not valid. If it can be do online I don't know, but I don't think it would be any different. We applied on August for my wife OWP in the border at everything was flawless.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
but in the file I have already uploaded 3 pay stubs and job letter from my Noc B job ,full time.I gt those pay stubs after 1 month when i was working on implied status.

gefiles

Nov 21, 2017
but in the file I have already uploaded 3 pay stubs and job letter from my Noc B job ,full time.I gt those pay stubs after 1 month when i was working on implied status.

What do you mean with implied status? You are in implied status when you apply for a PGWP or an OWP and are waiting for an response. The only time you could have worked is between you finish your classes and are waiting for the convocation notification from college, if you received the notification and continue working while you get the pay stubs you had infringe the conditions of your Visa. Even though if you worked during that time your status as student haven't change because you have not receive a new one. For what I know your spouse can receive a new OWP only if you a worker status. I have heard of a couple of people who applied at the same time and get both applications approved

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Ok I can explain.I have applied both mine n my spouse's file on 28 june.So ,legally after we have applied,we can work full time after getting the applied statis confirmation email from Ircc.
So from 29 june I am working full time.And from thr I got my full time ,noc b pay stubs.
Though I got job offer on 16 june ,I attached my conditional job letter (conditional upon recieving of file submission mail and wp).But as started on29 june,I got my 1st pay stub on27 th july..So,I uploaded my 1st pay stub on 3rd August and then 2nd and 3rd pay stub on 28th August.
So my question is ,am I good that I have applied pgwp and my husband owp togethee?????(because the noc B code proofs are already there)

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
What do you mean with implied status? You are in implied status when you apply for a PGWP or an OWP and are waiting for an response. The only time you could have worked is between you finish your classes and are waiting for the convocation notification from college, if you received the notification and continue working while you get the pay stubs you had infringe the conditions of your Visa. Even though if you worked during that time your status as student haven't change because you have not receive a new one. For what I know your spouse can receive a new OWP only if you a worker status. I have heard of a couple of people who applied at the same time and get both applications approved
I didnt worked after I finished my studies.I applied for my pgwp on 29 june and after tht m working full time with Noc B job as m on implied status.And from that full time job, i gt my pay stubs which I have added in my file later (on 3rd august).So, basucally my job letter and my 3 pay stubs are added into our file already...So what are the chances of getting my pgwp and my spouse's owp?

Davidaf

May 10, 2018
Montreal
Quick question guys, my wife is working as Noc B but her employer did not provide a offer letter. Now that we have the 3 payslips, which kind of letter should we ask from the employer? Just a single page letter stating her tasks and responsibilities? Should it mention any noc code? Should it have "offer letter" as title or just "statement" is enough? Thanks