+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply PGWP and spousal open work permit TOGETHER?

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone, please help if anyone know regarding this.
Actually right now my situation is I have already applied for my PGWP online and it has been one and half month now and there is no decision made by cic yet. It is still in process

My concern is my husband is on open work permit now and it is going to expire on November 30th. So what should I do if in case there is a delay in my processing. I have my pay stubs and noc category job offer . Can I apply for my husband online as well with all documents while iam waiting for my decision or should I go to boarder. Please reply if anyone gone through same situation
They watched applications applied August 20 on November 4. If in between mid November you wouldn't get any decision then you can apply for your spouse's owp extension with you job offer letter+3 pay stubs+your processing application number (for pgwp) before the expiry of owp. With the letter you can also describe you situation.

Nov 12, 2018
Hello everyone

I waited till last week to get PGWP results but I couldn’t get it and I decided to go to border. I got my permit approved but I have a problem now with my job offer . As iam pregnant they put my medical uphold and added restrictions to work in healthcare , where I was actually holding my noc job and pay stubs and they refused to give extension to SOWP. Now the condition is I have very limited time to change my job. But some how I got a new job in noc B but I don’t get any pay stubs right away to add with my SOWP online which I have to apply before 30 nov so I want any suggestion regarding adding pay stubs later on or anyone gone through same situation like mine . Short period of time and found the job at the last movement. Please advice me if anyone has this kind of experience

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone

I waited till last week to get PGWP results but I couldn’t get it and I decided to go to border. I got my permit approved but I have a problem now with my job offer . As iam pregnant they put my medical uphold and added restrictions to work in healthcare , where I was actually holding my noc job and pay stubs and they refused to give extension to SOWP. Now the condition is I have very limited time to change my job. But some how I got a new job in noc B but I don’t get any pay stubs right away to add with my SOWP online which I have to apply before 30 nov so I want any suggestion regarding adding pay stubs later on or anyone gone through same situation like mine . Short period of time and found the job at the last movement. Please advice me if anyone has this kind of experience
Unfortunately without he 3 pay stubs your husband can't get his SOWP so even with this job offer you wouldn't be able to get an SOWP before November 30th. Your husband will have to stop working until you have a job in NOC 0, A or B plus 4 pay stubs. This happens to many people. What province do you live in? Without employment you also may not qualify for healthcare. Also you may not be aware but you'll need to work 600 hours in the year before delivery to qualify for maternity leave.

Nov 12, 2018
I mean I am going to start my new before 30th November so can I apply for him with my new job offer letter before his OWP expires and explan why I don’t have pay stubs in a letter to cic and I up

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I mean I am going to start my new before 30th November so can I apply for him with my new job offer letter before his OWP expires and explan why I don’t have pay stubs in a letter to cic and I up
No - you can't. You have to wait until you have started your new job and can provide three pay stubs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But if I wait for stubs he will lose his status because it is going expire in 4 days. So what should I do i this situation please help
He needs to apply to change his status to visitor and stop working as soon as his work permit expires.

usmhsn89

Nov 27, 2018
Hello guys,

I need a help. I applied my spouse OWP and daughter visitor visa with one pay stub. My job comes under NOC A, as a member of management my company put me on monthly pay roll. I recently start working and at the time of applying i applied with one pay slip.
I recently came to know that cic require at least 3 pay stubs.

Please tell me what can i do in this situation.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello guys,

I need a help. I applied my spouse OWP and daughter visitor visa with one pay stub. My job comes under NOC A, as a member of management my company put me on monthly pay roll. I recently start working and at the time of applying i applied with one pay slip.
I recently came to know that cic require at least 3 pay stubs.

Please tell me what can i do in this situation.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks
You can send a message via web form that you will attach another 2 paystubs as soon as you will get it. They will understand as it's monthly payment system

Reactions: usmhsn89

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi All , Please I need your help

I got my PGWP on August 2018 and it will be expired on June 2019 , CIC gave me just few months because of expiry date on my passport I ried to apply for PR but they need at least one year experience ... Now I applied to extend my Passport for two years .

My questions

I know I can't extend PGWP :( but Can I ask CIC to extend it for another year because it is my right to get two years PGWP which based on my certificate ?

Can I apply to change PGWP to Open work permit As I have a full time job under NOC B ?

Or please share with me your suggestions...!

Thank you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I got my PGWP on August 2018 and it will be expired on June 2019 , CIC gave me just few months because of expiry date on my passport I ried to apply for PR but they need at least one year experience ... Now I applied to extend my Passport for two years .

My questions

I know I can't extend PGWP :( but Can I ask CIC to extend it for another year because it is my right to get two years PGWP which based on my certificate ?

Can I apply to change PGWP to Open work permit As I have a full time job under NOC B ?

Thank you in advance
Yes once you renew your passport you should be able to apply to get the balance of your PGWP time.

Reactions: NoorNoha

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017

My questions

Thank you in advance
You can apply for your PGWP extension now because you didn't get the full amount of time because of your passport. So this time after the renewal of your passport you will get the left amount of time for PGWP according to your study length.

Reactions: NoorNoha

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
You can apply for your PGWP extension now because you didn't get the full amount of time because of your passport. So this time after the renewal of your passport you will get the left amount of time for PGWP according to your study length.
I appreciate your response .. Thank you so much