+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply PGWP and spousal open work permit TOGETHER?

Kingharshal

Jun 10, 2017
Your wife needs to have a permanent full-time job in skilled category if you want to get an extension for your SOWP

I submitted job offer letter in a skilled category job at the time of my PGWP application, then CIC asked for a reference letter from employer confirm the details of employment when they were processing my wife's SOWP.

I (OWP) holder filled in the IRCC web form and submitted my wife's (applied for PGWP) employment letter having NOC JOB which is open contract part time job with no end date.

Is this going to work?

Jaison784

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IELTS Request
28-08-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2018
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
Previously a full-time permanent job was the requirement, I am not sure about the current requirement.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I (OWP) holder filled in the IRCC web form and submitted my wife's (applied for PGWP) employment letter having NOC JOB which is open contract part time job with no end date.

Is this going to work?
Job has to be full time.

vivianezei

Jul 4, 2017
Your wife needs to have a permanent full-time job in skilled category if you want to get an extension for your SOWP

I submitted job offer letter in a skilled category job at the time of my PGWP application, then CIC asked for a reference letter from employer confirm the details of employment when they were processing my wife's SOWP.
Hello Jaison,
You clarify most of my questions.Thank you so much for that. But I am still in doubt about the application. Did you apply in only one application? Just one profile for you and your wife?
My husband finished college of civil engineer. And he is still in his probation of work. It will only be permanent after 3 months. Did you apply only after your probation time?

medeirosln

Jul 5, 2017
Hi,

my spouse has an open work permit and my study permit and both expiring on 01 Aug, 2015. I have a fulltime permanent job offer in a skilled category job, since it takes too much time (currently 89 days) to process PGWP, we have applied for my PGWP and spouse open work permit extension at the same time on May 23, 2015, I have attached my fulltime permanent job offer letter with my spouse open work permit application but could not add my salary stub as I was not received my first salary stub at the time of application. then my wife called CIC on Jun 05, 2015 and added a note on her application that she want to add my salary stub to the application.

I don't know if this is going to work, but my wife can not simply wait for my PGWP, as her open work permit would have expired by the time.
We are in the same situation. Did they approved the Open Work Permit?

Jaison784

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IELTS Request
28-08-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2018
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
Hello Jaison,
You clarify most of my questions.Thank you so much for that. But I am still in doubt about the application. Did you apply in only one application? Just one profile for you and your wife?
My husband finished college of civil engineer. And he is still in his probation of work. It will only be permanent after 3 months. Did you apply only after your probation time?
His company needs to issue a confirmation letter that he has a full-time job.

Jaison784

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IELTS Request
28-08-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2018
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
Reactions: medeirosln

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi Everyone

I have just completed my studies in Canada. I am going to apply for my PGWP as i got a job also in same field of studies but I am married, so I am thinking to apply for my wife's Visitor visa with it also. Is it good idea or not?

I have already applied for Visitor visa twice but rejected. Reasons were family ties in country of residance and in Canada, and Purpose of visit only 2 reasons.

Please Advise that is it good that if i file for her visit visa with my PGWP application at the same time.

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would apply for an OWP for your wife once you have started your job and have a few pay slips to show that you are working full time in a NOC A, B or 0 role. You wife needs to provide stronger evidence of ties to her home country to overcome the two previous refusals.

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone,
I need some informations please response if you can help. My husnand's study permit and my OWP will be expired on october, 2018. We want to apply for his PGWP and my OWP extension in this July. He will be graduated for his MSc program in July or Aug. But the problem is it's tough and little bit short time period to get his job and pay slip in between July. I heard that if we couldn't be able show his full time job offer letter along with pay slip then I will get the rejection for my extension of OWP.
Now for this situation what will be good to get both approval?
should I need to apply for Visitor visa instead of OWP as long as he won't get any job offer letter and pay slip?
should we apply together or seperately if I'm gonna apply for Visitor for now before October?
Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to hear from you guys.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I need some informations please response if you can help. My husnand's study permit and my OWP will be expired on october, 2018. We want to apply for his PGWP and my OWP extension in this July. He will be graduated for his MSc program in July or Aug. But the problem is it's tough and little bit short time period to get his job and pay slip in between July. I heard that if we couldn't be able show his full time job offer letter along with pay slip then I will get the rejection for my extension of OWP.
Now for this situation what will be good to get both approval?
should I need to apply for Visitor visa instead of OWP as long as he won't get any job offer letter and pay slip?
should we apply together or seperately if I'm gonna apply for Visitor for now before October?
Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to hear from you guys.
He needs to have a job that is NOC A, B or 0 (and must be able to provide pays slips to prove he has started working) in order for your OWP to be approved. If he can't do that by the time you have to apply - then you'll need to covert your status to a visitor visa and stop working.

Reactions: Konok keya

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
He needs to have a job that is NOC A, B or 0 (and must be able to provide pays slips to prove he has started working) in order for your OWP to be approved. If he can't do that by the time you have to apply - then you'll need to covert your status to a visitor visa and stop working.
Thanks for your response...If I change my status to a visitor then is it possible to get the approval? Actually I want to stay with him.
Should I apply with him or later individually if I want to change to a Visitor?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your response...If I change my status to a visitor then is it possible to get the approval? Actually I want to stay with him.
Should I apply with him or later individually if I want to change to a Visitor?
As you have an OWP valid until October, there is no point in applying in July. Wait until a few weeks before your permit expires.

Reactions: Konok keya

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
As you have an OWP valid until October, there is no point in applying in July. Wait until a few weeks before your permit expires.
Thanks...Can you give me an information if I want to study now here in canada without applying for OWP extension/visitor then what should I show to get the study permit applying inside canada? I don't want to get rejected that's why I want to be sure about the requirments how they will approve my study permit apply inside canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks...Can you give me an information if I want to study now here in canada without applying for OWP extension/visitor then what should I show to get the study permit applying inside canada? I don't want to get rejected that's why I want to be sure about the requirments how they will approve my study permit apply inside canada.
If you are applying in order to stay in Canada applying for a visitor visa until your spouse gets a job would be much easier. If your spouse is unlikely to get a job in the noc 0,a,b and you really want to study that is a different story. You will have to apply through a visa office that is out of the country to get a student visa (usually LA I think). You can't have a student visa and a owp at the same time so the owp will be cancelled if you get the student visa.

Reactions: lanp2606