+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dependent land alone after main applicant short landing?

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One question. Doesn`t it matter that the primary applicant stated in the application that all accompanying family members would land together?

And if the primary applicant land first, should he have POF for all members? Taking in consideration that for 4 member family its required $23,542 (around 15,000 euro) and he could carry out from the country 10,000 euro there would be problem.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
One question. Doesn`t it matter that the primary applicant stated in the application that all accompanying family members would land together?

And if the primary applicant land first, should he have POF for all members? Taking in consideration that for 4 member family its required $23,542 (around 15,000 euro) and he could carry out from the country 10,000 euro there would be problem.
No, it doesn't matter. They can land separately as long as the PA lands first.

Yes, the PA must have proof of funds for all family members when landing.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

If carrying 10000 Euro cash into the country then it must be declared to CBSA. The rule is 10000 CDN and above in cash any currency must be declared and 10k euro is above that.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

You need to show PoF for all members. Doesn't have to be cash that you're carrying - can be a bank statement.

If you are carrying cash (or cash like instruments such as a travellers check) in excess of 10,000 CAD, you will have to declare this to CBSA when you land. There is no tax or penalty or anything like that, you just have to declare it.

Reactions: canuck78

niv_2492

May 20, 2019
Hi Guys , I have a question . Me and my husband are planning to land in Canada on the same day. I am the primary applicant. Most of my flights are coming from USA to Vancouver - Toronto [ My final destination is Toronto ] However my husband is landing at Toronto.

1. In the case am transitting via Vancouver , will my immigration be done at Vancouver or Toronto?

2. after a few hours , can my husband land at Toronto as a dependent , since I heard that the primary applicant needs to be at canada at prior. [ is few hours before sufficient ]

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys , I have a question . Me and my husband are planning to land in Canada on the same day. I am the primary applicant. Most of my flights are coming from USA to Vancouver - Toronto [ My final destination is Toronto ] However my husband is landing at Toronto.

1. In the case am transitting via Vancouver , will my immigration be done at Vancouver or Toronto?

2. after a few hours , can my husband land at Toronto as a dependent , since I heard that the primary applicant needs to be at canada at prior. [ is few hours before sufficient ]
1. Vancouver.
2. Yes - provided your flight isn't delayed of course.

Reactions: niv_2492

narenkris

Mar 19, 2019
Question:

COPR validity : 04/02/2019

Primary applicant (wife) entered canada Prior to the expiry and PR Card has been issued.
Dependent couldn't travel due to constraints (US visa was under extension with expired I-94).

We have a daughter (3 month old - US. Citizen) and wife has got a job in canada and we wish to re-locate.

I know its a long shot. But What are our feasible options?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Question:

COPR validity : 04/02/2019

Primary applicant (wife) entered canada Prior to the expiry and PR Card has been issued.
Dependent couldn't travel due to constraints (US visa was under extension with expired I-94).

We have a daughter (3 month old - US. Citizen) and wife has got a job in canada and we wish to re-locate.

I know its a long shot. But What are our feasible options?
Your wife must go to Canada and sponsor you both. Your American child can enter as a visitor but may not have access to provincial health coverage while waiting for PR. If you require a TRV and can't get one, you will have to wait outside of Canada.

ginni14376

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Need help
Previous status shows med done on 3rd april but my son who is in canada his medical exp on 23rd june after that medical shows
We don't need your med
We called cic the agent told us if you received med request then only re do medical . Its 4 ,5 days passed and we don't received any request from cic nd our application shifts to ottawa from novascotia
Iam tensed what will they do next its 19 days left only.
Plz suggest expertise

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Need help
Previous status shows med done on 3rd april but my son who is in canada his medical exp on 23rd june after that medical shows
We don't need your med
We called cic the agent told us if you received med request then only re do medical . Its 4 ,5 days passed and we don't received any request from cic nd our application shifts to ottawa from novascotia
Iam tensed what will they do next its 19 days left only.
Plz suggest expertise
Either they will request a new medical or extend the current one. You will just have to wait.

Abd2019

Apr 28, 2019
Hey everyone,

Few questions, If I get the Canadian PR (along with dependents) and still live outside of Canada for another 5-6 years then :
1. Will we be able to renew our PR after 5 years?
2. If no then, can the dependents at least live in Canada without the primary applicant (after the primary applicant landed for the first time and left) for more than 3 years and be able to apply for citizenship?
3. If #2 is fine, can the primary applicant then apply for citizenship or will have to come on PR, fulfill 3 years restriction and then apply for citizenship?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everyone,

Few questions, If I get the Canadian PR (along with dependents) and still live outside of Canada for another 5-6 years then :
1. Will we be able to renew our PR after 5 years?
2. If no then, can the dependents at least live in Canada without the primary applicant (after the primary applicant landed for the first time and left) for more than 3 years and be able to apply for citizenship?
3. If #2 is fine, can the primary applicant then apply for citizenship or will have to come on PR, fulfill 3 years restriction and then apply for citizenship?
1. No. You need to meet the Residency Obligation.

2. Yes, dependents can stay in Canada and qualify for citizenship.

3. Of course not. You need to actually meet the citizenship requirements yourself.

Kdoc104

Mar 28, 2019
Hi all. Great thread with some good info. My situation is this. Received CoPR but I am going to my home country in a month for a week but my spouse is staying here. I want to do the appointment asap with my spouse, but if my PR card does not arrive in time, can I still land back using my work permit which will still be valid. Or should I just use my CoPR and then get my spouse to do the appointment after it. What if this appointment is after the validity of the work permit?