+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can ATIP reveal if our file has been transferred to local office?

Icebergmoma

Jul 14, 2015
Because you're not over the normal processing time.

Requesting ATIP with no real reason will slow down the overall process for everyone.
It's taking human resources to process them which will not process actual files.

janoo

May 16, 2014
In addition the officer who is working on your file will be up set that

your case within time line than why you asking for atip report etc....

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:

There is no evidence that requesting Atip will slow down your application process, most of the applicants request for computer records not physical files and its just a print out of the computer records that that cic has in its database, the request gets processed during the same day but is made available to you after 30 days because they are obliged to provide you the same within 30 days, it indicates the updates on file including if the file has been transferred to local office, so I would suggest you can request for your Atip and indeed find out if your file has been transferred to local office.

No citizenship office is sitting with your file to get upset about your Atip request, its computer generated not prepared by any officer as long as its not a physical record that you are requesting.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
I ordered an ATIP June 1, file in process june 16 and transferred to Local Office June 23, heard from ATIP that
they had issues printing and that it would be resolved by end of July. Come Aug1 I get a ATIP report dated
July31 with clear indication that file transferred to Ottawa, but then there were other info about security
clearances whited out citing article s21 and s22 b (i think) that didn't add any new info just caused confusion.

My 2 cents do not bother to order ATIP until you have no updates for over 6-8 months, now that files
are being processed more quickly.

BTW the deadline they have set for themselves (CIC) is a yr from the date of AOR, no surprises there either...
so ATIP in my case wasn't very useful at this point at least.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since a CIC official has to review the ATIP report and ensure the relevant sections are blanked out there is a 'resource' issue. What really matters is whether the resource is dedicated to 'ATIP' only or if its the same CIC officer/s dealing with citizenship applications in which case the time he/she spends reviewing the ATIP report pre-release to the requester means its time they are not working on citizenship applications and hence delaying whoever is in their 'to do' list. It seems there is a dedicated ATIP team but really asking for ATIP more than say every 6 months may not be of any use. If its transfers to the Local Office just call CIC and ask "on what date was my file transferred to the Local Office" - it sure is faster than waiting for the ATIP!

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Msafiri said:
Since a CIC official has to review the ATIP report and ensure the relevant sections are blanked out there is a 'resource' issue. What really matters is whether the resource is dedicated to 'ATIP' only or if its the same CIC officer/s dealing with citizenship applications in which case the time he/she spends reviewing the ATIP report pre-release to the requester means its time they are not working on citizenship applications and hence delaying whoever is in their 'to do' list. It seems there is a dedicated ATIP team but really asking for ATIP more than say every 6 months may not be of any use. If its transfers to the Local Office just call CIC and ask "on what date was my file transferred to the Local Office" - it sure is faster than waiting for the ATIP!
My friend called cic but they refused to disclose what date its transferred or even if its transferred or not.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
As things are now to be honest calling the Call Center for updates is useless. Unless you are very lucky they will mention the official timelines which is 24 months for routine and 36 for non routine and if your file is in the timeline will not say anything more. And even when you get a decent agent a small percentage mind you willing to look at your file they provide updates which are not always accurate. ATIP is a great resource if you want information on how the process is working (for your file) and where it is at.

It is not a tool to order month over month but once every 3 or 6 months, I ordered two reports 3 months out and it gave me helpful information of where my file was at the time and what stage was done and still left, combining that with other people's time frames from this website for my area I was able to map a pretty decent guessing time frame of how long it would take to go to the next stage. So far my predictions for my files have been pretty accurate.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
samreentariq said:
As things are now to be honest calling the Call Center for updates is useless. Unless you are very lucky they will mention the official timelines which is 24 months for routine and 36 for non routine and if your file is in the timeline will not say anything more. And even when you get a decent agent a small percentage mind you willing to look at your file they provide updates which are not always accurate. ATIP is a great resource if you want information on how the process is working (for your file) and where it is at.

It is not a tool to order month over month but once every 3 or 6 months, I ordered two reports 3 months out and it gave me helpful information of where my file was at the time and what stage was done and still left, combining that with other people's time frames from this website for my area I was able to map a pretty decent guessing time frame of how long it would take to go to the next stage. So far my predictions for my files have been pretty accurate.
I agree

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:

so you're concerned about the officer's feelings now?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoya_99 said:
My friend called cic but they refused to disclose what date its transferred or even if its transferred or not.
Call again your next agent may be more forthcoming.