CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Jessyyyy84

Jan 14, 2020
Hello
It’s my 1st time to write here
Application received 19th FEB 2019
AOR 1st May 2019
Biometrics 6th May 2019
Since then on ecas (application received)
What should I wait for in next step,should it change to (processing)?
Will it be processed in Cairo office or Sydney?

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hello
AOR 1st May 2019
Biometrics 6th May 2019
Hi there. It's been over a year and you don't know where your application is?? You should definitely be requesting GCMS notes, sending a web form request for information, etc. You're past waiting for your file to "start" processing. And PR applications don't get processed in Sydney anymore, it's either Missisauga or your local visa office, assuming Cairo - but you should have at the very least gotten something about where your file was transfered by now.

Last edited:

sherif200355

Feb 12, 2018
Hello
AOR 1st May 2019
Biometrics 6th May 2019
i am sorry to tell you that your situation is quite normal in light of how cairo visa office processing the application. mine the same, cairo visa office received the application since august 14 and it show in process, but according to GCSM note no one processed it until now, no medical nothing. you only have to make sure that the sponsor approved and that under the permanent resident application section shows received by cairo visa office, then you have to wait.
sydney office process the sponsor application however cairo visa office process the permanent resident application.
good luck

Jessyyyy84

Jan 14, 2020
i am sorry to tell you that your situation is quite normal in light of how cairo visa office processing the application. mine the same, cairo visa office received the application since august 14 and it show in process, but according to GCSM note no one processed it until now, no medical nothing. you only have to make sure that the sponsor approved and that under the permanent resident application section shows received by cairo visa office, then you have to wait.
sydney office process the sponsor application however cairo visa office process the permanent resident application.
good luck
I don’t have sponsor.i am Quebec skilled worker

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Any news from Cairo VO? :(

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
nothing , 14 month now . only thing was done is Medical back in Aug ever since nothing . looks like it is going to be more than 2 years . wonder if they will ask for re medical exam since our exam going to expire in Aug this year ??
yes you would have to do another medical because medicals is for 1 year

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
police report is for 1 year too..and my husband had to do a new one in Nov so if he doesn't come by nov he has to do another one

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
nothing , 14 month now . only thing was done is Medical back in Aug ever since nothing . looks like it is going to be more than 2 years . wonder if they will ask for re medical exam since our exam going to expire in Aug this year ??
Don't worry about the medicals, usually cairo VO extends it for one extra year (I think they're used to make people wait for very long times)

My husband medicals expired last december so we contacted them last january (2020) and they gave us an extension until january 2021. And the same thing happened with my friend.

Anyways.. we're at our 23rd month now (more than a year just in Cairo) and still waiting, no background check yet...

Reactions: Nina12

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Don't worry about the medicals, usually cairo VO extends it for one extra year (I think they're used to make people wait for very long times)

My husband medicals expired last december so we contacted them last january (2020) and they gave us an extension until january 2021. And the same thing happened with my friend.

Anyways.. we're at our 23rd month now (more than a year just in Cairo) and still waiting, no background check yet...
my wife is waiting for an interview that's the last thing i heard from the but God only knows when this is going to happen mostly with Covid -19 slowing down everything .

Reactions: Nina12 and Eida