+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
this is the email received

Due to service disruptions related to COVID-19, we are experiencing difficulties receiving and processing applications. This is to advise you that the application is in process with our office and is currently in the queue for interview, but interviews are currently on hold until further notice. Please rest assured we will contact you about the next steps for processing.

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
my wife is waiting for an interview that's the last thing i heard from the but God only knows when this is going to happen mostly with Covid -19 slowing down everything .
How do you know they're planning an interview? Through GCMS notes or did they tell you?

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
this is the email received

Due to service disruptions related to COVID-19, we are experiencing difficulties receiving and processing applications. This is to advise you that the application is in process with our office and is currently in the queue for interview, but interviews are currently on hold until further notice. Please rest assured we will contact you about the next steps for processing.
Ooooh... I see
For us, we still have no idea if we're having an interview or not

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
How do you know they're planning an interview? Through GCMS notes or did they tell you?
i contacted my MP and this is the email they sent

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Ooooh... I see
For us, we still have no idea if we're having an interview or not
someone told me all delayed applications is going for an interview , not quite sure , also heard some March applications in Cairo VO already got the visa but they didn't go for an interview . maybe our delay cause of the interview .

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
and background check which called security will start after the interview , that's what my MP told me . our application in hold till the interview

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Hi friends,

I just got the confirmation that Cairo VO is not working on any of our files at the moment.

This is what I've received this morning:

"If you have applied for permanent residence to Canada (family sponsorship, skilled worker, etc.) note that your application is on hold until further notice."

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi friends,

I just got the confirmation that Cairo VO is not working on any of our files at the moment.

"If you have applied for permanent residence to Canada (family sponsorship, skilled worker, etc.) note that your application is on hold until further notice."
same reply i got from them week ago

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi friends,

Hi, Can you please elaborate? How did you contact them? Was this an automated reply from the Cairo email?

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Hi, Can you please elaborate? How did you contact them? Was this an automated reply from the Cairo email?
Actually, what happened is that I've been sending emails and webforms since the beginning of the pandemic.
However, since the beginning I knew there was something wrong. Before the pandemic, all the replies (emails from their behalf) were signed by the agent himself (who used to answer me), but after the covid situation, the signature changed to
"
"Client Service Unit, Migration | Unité du Service à la clientele, Migration
Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada"

(Probably a receptionist or even an IRCC agent?) I don't know.
Anw, their first answer was that they recieved my file and it was in queue for process.

(WTF??? my file is being processed there since april 2019, plus, we had many communications since then)
So obviously there was something wrong once more and it was maybe an automatic reply for everyone or it was a reply that the sender has been using without even checking on our file.

I kept sending them emails every now and then just to understand and to make them understand that "NO, THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG SINCE MY FILE IS IN PROCESS, and that, last november, they told me they're about to finalize it"

So 2 days ago I've sent my last email asking if there's any updates (background check, good news, bad news, anything soon, etc)
And I received this last email:

"
Please note that due to the current worldwide pandemic and the current travel restrictions to Canada, our office is only providing essential services. We appreciate your patience as we monitor a fluid situation in regard to travel to Canada.

If you have applied for permanent residence to Canada (family sponsorship, skilled worker, etc.) note that your application is on hold until further notice."

********they could've just tell me this from the beginning of this situation.. their behaviour doesn't make any sense and is just nonprofessional.

Reactions: MDh2o

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Actually, what happened is that I've been sending emails and webforms since the beginning of the pandemic.
However, since the beginning I knew there was something wrong. Before the pandemic, all the replies (emails from their behalf) were signed by the agent himself (who used to answer me), but after the covid situation, the signature changed to
"

Anw, their first answer was that they recieved my file and it was in queue for process.

(WTF??? my file is being processed there since april 2019, plus, we had many communications since then)
So obviously there was something wrong once more and it was maybe an automatic reply for everyone or it was a reply that the sender has been using without even checking on our file.

I kept sending them emails every now and then just to understand and to make them understand that "NO, THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG SINCE MY FILE IS IN PROCESS, and that, last november, they told me they're about to finalize it"

So 2 days ago I've sent my last email asking if there's any updates (background check, good news, bad news, anything soon, etc)

"
Please note that due to the current worldwide pandemic and the current travel restrictions to Canada, our office is only providing essential services. We appreciate your patience as we monitor a fluid situation in regard to travel to Canada.

If you have applied for permanent residence to Canada (family sponsorship, skilled worker, etc.) note that your application is on hold until further notice."

********they could've just tell me this from the beginning of this situation.. their behaviour doesn't make any sense and is just nonprofessional.
Thanks for the background. It's very odd because most things are business as usual in Cairo. So don't understand why they would not be working.

Reactions: Eida

MDh2o

May 1, 2019
"

"

Thank you so much for sharing that. You really made me less worried . I appreciate.

Reactions: Eida

JasmineA

Dec 26, 2019
Hi,
Is it really the norm for Cairo visa office to take 2 years? getting scared now.
We got spousal sponsorship just before the lockdown and it appears that our file hasn't been transferred yet. Probably because cairo visa office is closed?

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi,
Is it really the norm for Cairo visa office to take 2 years? getting scared now.
We got spousal sponsorship just before the lockdown and it appears that our file hasn't been transferred yet. Probably because cairo visa office is closed?
It's scary to see that indeed but I think it's really case by case. There are files in Cairo that finished in 5-6 months in 2019 if you take a look at the tracker. So one can only hope.

Reactions: maxayma

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
It's scary to see that indeed but I think it's really case by case. There are files in Cairo that finished in 5-6 months in 2019 if you take a look at the tracker. So one can only hope.
been one year and two months now , medical passed since last Aug .. pending an interview that's only update i got from Cairo VO . God knows when that is going to happen , very stressful