+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Allysia

May 28, 2020
I've been waiting 15 months. 9 of those months were in the Cairo visa office. No word at all. The application is "still in process"
Applied January 2019. Last thing was the medical exam in June 2019. My representative did get an email from them confirming that the application is in queue still.

Allysia

May 28, 2020
nothing , 14 month now . only thing was done is Medical back in Aug ever since nothing . looks like it is going to be more than 2 years . wonder if they will ask for re medical exam since our exam going to expire in Aug this year ??
I'm in the same boat. My husband did his medical back in July 2019. We started in January. His medical will expire this year too if he doesn't come ASAP. I'm trying to convince him to do visitor Visa in spite of everything.

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
I'm in the same boat. My husband did his medical back in July 2019. We started in January. His medical will expire this year too if he doesn't come ASAP. I'm trying to convince him to do visitor Visa in spite of everything.
they will not approve a visitor visa , you will just lose the application fee . only good reliable thing if they speed up the process , but as far as i know they require an interview which we are in the queue for one but no date yet as all officers that will conduct it outside of Egypt right now

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Does anyone understand anything concerning the new rules about those immediate family members who can come to Canada?
I've read that one of the criteria is to have the COPR, but they also stated that they need to show a proof that their sponsorship file is in process....
I don't know, there's something I don't really understand... Who can really come and how?

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Does anyone understand anything concerning the new rules about those immediate family members who can come to Canada?
I've read that one of the criteria is to have the COPR, but they also stated that they need to show a proof that their sponsorship file is in process....
I don't know, there's something I don't really understand... Who can really come and how?
they can't travel to Canada without a visa stamping on his passport . CORP alone not enough . they can travel only when they get the visa ( PR application ) cause they are immediate family member , visitors not allowed to enter Canada at this time , so i believe same rules no changes . once they stamp the PR visa they can travel .

Reactions: Eida

maxayma

May 11, 2020
they can't travel to Canada without a visa stamping on his passport . CORP alone not enough . they can travel only when they get the visa ( PR application ) cause they are immediate family member , visitors not allowed to enter Canada at this time , so i believe same rules no changes . once they stamp the PR visa they can travel .
It is exactly like this, I only want to add that yesterday they announced they will resume processing online TRV applications (visitors visa). The day before they announced that immediate family members can enter Canada for those who are Visa exempted. So now immediate family member are allowed to enter with some criterias of course. For Egyptians it will require a visa while the chances of approval will be as slim as usual having a spouse in Canada and spouse sponsorship application in process. As sad as it is for Egyptians it doesn't change much the current difficult situation.

Reactions: Eida

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
anyone heard or know anything about the current situation right now on Cairo VO ? are they still processing files ? our medical going to expire in Aug , are they going to extend it or shall they send us another form to redo the medical ? March 2010 sponsorship application , last stage was Medical and BIO done last year then everything went on mute total silence , getting more frustrating , don't know why the government of Canada not doing something mostly to Cairo VO to speed up the process , they seem they don't care , most of applications can be done from home , officers not necessarily have to be inside the embassy to process files . how are they going to coup with this situation . sponsorship applications is very critical it is a family gathering situation to continue the life mostly when there're kids involved . part of me start to give up on the whole thing , getting no where and no slight brief of light to keep our hopes up . they were very slow even before the Covid-19 thing . hate to see files stuck there for more than 2 years for what so called decision made . it is not a rocket science to make a decision when they have every document and papers they need to make it .

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
anyone heard or know anything about the current situation right now on Cairo VO ? are they still processing files ? our medical going to expire in Aug , are they going to extend it or shall they send us another form to redo the medical ? March 2010 sponsorship application , last stage was Medical and BIO done last year then everything went on mute total silence , getting more frustrating , don't know why the government of Canada not doing something mostly to Cairo VO to speed up the process , they seem they don't care , most of applications can be done from home , officers not necessarily have to be inside the embassy to process files . how are they going to coup with this situation . sponsorship applications is very critical it is a family gathering situation to continue the life mostly when there're kids involved . part of me start to give up on the whole thing , getting no where and no slight brief of light to keep our hopes up . they were very slow even before the Covid-19 thing . hate to see files stuck there for more than 2 years for what so called decision made . it is not a rocket science to make a decision when they have every document and papers they need to make it .
Concerning the medicals, they will probably extend it for one more year... that what happened with many people I personally know with cairo vo... including my husband's file.
Once they expire, you just send them asking what u should do abt that and they will automatically extend it for you (if they'll be back to work obviously)

As for if they're working now, I haven't heard anything from them and ive sent them a request 3 weeks ago but no answer
So I think we ALL should send them an email or webform asking if there's any update.

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Concerning the medicals, they will probably extend it for one more year... that what happened with many people I personally know with cairo vo... including my husband's file.
Once they expire, you just send them asking what u should do abt that and they will automatically extend it for you (if they'll be back to work obviously)

As for if they're working now, I haven't heard anything from them and ive sent them a request 3 weeks ago but no answer
So I think we ALL should send them an email or webform asking if there's any update.
i sent to them like 3 times in the past 4 months , all i got is you file in queue for processing . seems like automated reply and no one reads our emails .

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Many of the visa offices reopened recently.... does anyone know what's happening with cairo?
****starting our 25th month in 10 days

Reactions: Nina12

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I do not think so as no flights started back to Egypt to bring officers
Any particular reason you say this? I would assume and hope this has nothing to do with it. Otherwise we're all screwed to be honest lol. Even when flights open, travel is still not recommended.