Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
My gosh! I'm so sorry to hear that. But why do they even need that much time to process an application? 20 months and still counting sounds way too long.
Every file is different, but cairo vo is a bit slow compared to other VOs...
For the wp group, i don't think so

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Have you tried ordering GCMS notes to see what's going on? I would highly recommend if not.
Yes.. I did last month and received them already... nothing is mentioned concerning this long process...
I have reordered once more 2 weeks ago, as soon as I recieved the first one so I'm still waiting for the new one

omar2020

Mar 5, 2020
Yes.. I did last month and received them already... nothing is mentioned concerning this long process...
I have reordered once more 2 weeks ago, as soon as I recieved the first one so I'm still waiting for the new one
how to order the GCMS notes ? and will i get AOR2 when my file reach cairo office ?

Samuel Nasr

Apr 12, 2019
i sent you a message if you dont mind

omar2020

Mar 5, 2020
Cairo visa office don't send Aor2 , you will see under your PR process that they have started processing your Application thats ur Aor2
where can i find that ( under pr process ) , in ECAS or in my linked account
cause in ECAS its been saying processing since i sent the file , in my linked account it says submitted since i linked it even before they move to VO in cairo nothing changed in both

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018

Samuel Nasr

Apr 12, 2019
cause in ECAS its been saying processing since i sent the file , in my linked account it says submitted since i linked it even before they move to VO in cairo nothing changed in both
in Ecas under PR it will say we started processing your APP thats the Aor2 !!

canegy

Jan 1, 2020
in Ecas under PR it will say we started processing your APP thats the Aor2 !!
My file was transferred to Cairo about 3 weeks ago. Right now, I logged into my ECAS and Under PR, it says "Application Received". Would this be the AOR2? I was under the impression that if it says "We started Processing", that date would mean the start of the Background Check. Because on the excel spreadsheet, AOR2 and "We started processing - Background Check" are two separate columns.

canegy

Jan 1, 2020
Hi Omar, it appears my file was transferred to Cairo VO about 2 weeks before yours. My status under "Permanant Residence Application(s)" on ECAS is showing "Application Received". Would yours say the same thing? I'm not sure if that is the indicator for AOR2 from Cairo VO. I didn't receive any notification e-mail though. Just wanted to cross-check with you.

Samuel Nasr

Apr 12, 2019
My file was transferred to Cairo about 3 weeks ago. Right now, I logged into my ECAS and Under PR, it says "Application Received". Would this be the AOR2? I was under the impression that if it says "We started Processing", that date would mean the start of the Background Check. Because on the excel spreadsheet, AOR2 and "We started processing - Background Check" are two separate columns.
Cairo visa office don't send Aor2 email , and no they just letting you know they have recived your app nothing more but once they start processing it it will say so

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
last update from my MP . Due to the current situation happened in Egypt, all interviews have been postponed until further notice.”
our file in queue for an interview and sound like most sponsorship applications in Cairo VO is going for an interview that's why it is taking forever . i was told that yesterday when i met my MP . he said in the last 2 years most cases of sponsorship in Cairo got interviewed for unspecific reason really . Now the Corona virus shit that's adding more and more delay . i'm one year and a week since i applied , our file in Cairo since May 2019 . Good luck everyone .

i think my wife might go for another medical since her Medical is going to expire in Aug 2020 . i can't see her really getting the visa before that date . Cairo VO is one of the worst and slowest VO in the world .

canegy

Jan 1, 2020
last update from my MP . Due to the current situation happened in Egypt, all interviews have been postponed until further notice.”
our file in queue for an interview and sound like most sponsorship applications in Cairo VO is going for an interview that's why it is taking forever . i was told that yesterday when i met my MP . he said in the last 2 years most cases of sponsorship in Cairo got interviewed for unspecific reason really . Now the Corona virus shit that's adding more and more delay . i'm one year and a week since i applied , our file in Cairo since May 2019 . Good luck everyone .

i think my wife might go for another medical since her Medical is going to expire in Aug 2020 . i can't see her really getting the visa before that date . Cairo VO is one of the worst and slowest VO in the world .
That is so upsetting to hear. It appears the only improvement seen with this entire sponsorship process is that the "Canadian component" of the file review process has significantly sped up (ie. AOR1, SA, BM, File Transfer to VO). But really, once the file has been transferred, the rest of the Visa Offices outside of Canada are just sticking to their usual time frames.

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
That is so upsetting to hear. It appears the only improvement seen with this entire sponsorship process is that the "Canadian component" of the file review process has significantly sped up (ie. AOR1, SA, BM, File Transfer to VO). But really, once the file has been transferred, the rest of the Visa Offices outside of Canada are just sticking to their usual time frames.
True