+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

greycell

Jan 4, 2017
I received my Passport request on march 12. My wife went for new photos 2 days ago. when I called the VAC for details on where to send the passport they said the embassy closed. and they are not accepting passports.

I don't know weather to be glas or bummed out. if I had sent the passport it would be stuck in there.
I booked my flight in June so hopefully this will all blow over by then

omar2020

Mar 5, 2020
Hi Omar, it appears my file was transferred to Cairo VO about 2 weeks before yours. My status under "Permanant Residence Application(s)" on ECAS is showing "Application Received". Would yours say the same thing? I'm not sure if that is the indicator for AOR2 from Cairo VO. I didn't receive any notification e-mail though. Just wanted to cross-check with you.
hey i just checked my ecas changed to application received i am not sure what does it refer to, AOR2 ? or something else ?

canegy

Jan 1, 2020
hey i just checked my ecas changed to application received i am not sure what does it refer to, AOR2 ? or something else ?
I'm not sure too. One of the members said that Cairo VO doesn't have AOR2. But I guess by them receiving our files and updating ECAS status from "In Process" to "Application Received" is "sort of" like AOR2 cause it's them updating that they have received the file. That's what I take it to be.

omar2020

Mar 5, 2020
I'm not sure too. One of the members said that Cairo VO doesn't have AOR2. But I guess by them receiving our files and updating ECAS status from "In Process" to "Application Received" is "sort of" like AOR2 cause it's them updating that they have received the file. That's what I take it to be.
they might have received it , but i dont think they are working on it because whats happening around the world with corona

MDh2o

May 1, 2019
One of my friends told me he received pre-arrival 3 days ago. Paris office. This means that offices still working. :) .Hopefully Cairo office is still working too.!!!
Anyone know if this office still working?!!!

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
One of my friends told me he received pre-arrival 3 days ago. Paris office. This means that offices still working. :) .Hopefully Cairo office is still working too.!!!
Anyone know if this office still working?!!!
Yep cairo office is working, just with reduced hours

Reactions: MDh2o