+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
my wife will go for an interview , no date yet when that will happen , bit worry now . is it normal process to ask the PA for an interview , we have been married for 7 years , we both Egyptians , i have a Canadian passport as well , we have a 5 years old child he is a Canadian citizen as well but he can't travel without his mother , not sure what kind of red flag the officer seen to ask her for an interview , does having a child and 7 years marriage with full support to the family not good enough to convince the officer that it is a genuine marriage . i'm just assuming that's the reason behind the interview , i don't know yet the actual reason behind it . March 14th sponsorship .. please share your opinion .

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
my wife will go for an interview , no date yet when that will happen , bit worry now . is it normal process to ask the PA for an interview , we have been married for 7 years , we both Egyptians , i have a Canadian passport as well , we have a 5 years old child he is a Canadian citizen as well but he can't travel without his mother , not sure what kind of red flag the officer seen to ask her for an interview , does having a child and 7 years marriage with full support to the family not good enough to convince the officer that it is a genuine marriage . i'm just assuming that's the reason behind the interview , i don't know yet the actual reason behind it . March 14th sponsorship .. please share your opinion .
Our MP said it’s very common for applicants to go for interviews in Cairo VA. Queues are long as there aren’t many qualified interviewers but many applications- not uncommon to wait 8-10 months for the date. Doesn’t have to be anything about your relationship and application, sometimes they try to determine how successful the applicant will be in Canada - what measures you have in place for smooth adaptation to Canada. Or it could be that some facts in your application contradict each other. Who knows ...

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
in 10 days we will be 11 month . we don't know the date on interview yet and that's what makes me worry that the process will exceed the 12 month target , i believe they call ppl for an interview at least 2 weeks before the date of it , till now it hasn't been scheduled yet for us .

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
in 10 days we will be 11 month . we don't know the date on interview yet and that's what makes me worry that the process will exceed the 12 month target , i believe they call ppl for an interview at least 2 weeks before the date of it , till now it hasn't been scheduled yet for us .
The due date means zero to them. Our application hit 1 year mark last June. In August our MP said that they will be requesting an interview. We’re still waiting... MP called them again in December only to find out that the interview will be in the first quarter of 2020

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
The due date means zero to them. Our application hit 1 year mark last June. In August our MP said that they will be requesting an interview. We’re still waiting... MP called them again in December only to find out that the interview will be in the first quarter of 2020
did you do the medical again ? the medical is valid only for one year . so i think it expired

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
v
We haven’t heard anything yet.. although it seems hardly fair to reorder medicals for applicant and two dependents but at this point we’re not surprised at anything
very stressful process , i contacted my MP yesterday and got an update today

Currently, your file is in que in Cairo for an interview which is required. Criminality and medicals have passed, and security will commence once the interview has been completed.

As your application was received on March 14, 2019, you are still within the average processing times. If you have not been scheduled for an interview by March 14, 2020, please let me know and I will contact CIC.

what a boring waste of time in Cairo VO , life seemed on hold , all plans stopped , i was booked a flight for her and my son assuming that she will be getting the visa sometimes in Nov to return back to Canada with me , then i had to reschedule their flight till April 1st and flew back to Canada alone .. now with this update and no indication of when her interview will be or if they are going to approve her or not i'll have to call Air Canada again sometimes next month to reschedule their flight again maybe till Aug and pay more $$$$$ . it was my mistakes to assume things and make plans a head of time . i really don't know what to think anymore .

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
v
very stressful process , i contacted my MP yesterday and got an update today

Currently, your file is in que in Cairo for an interview which is required. Criminality and medicals have passed, and security will commence once the interview has been completed.

As your application was received on March 14, 2019, you are still within the average processing times. If you have not been scheduled for an interview by March 14, 2020, please let me know and I will contact CIC.

what a boring waste of time in Cairo VO , life seemed on hold , all plans stopped , i was booked a flight for her and my son assuming that she will be getting the visa sometimes in Nov to return back to Canada with me , then i had to reschedule their flight till April 1st and flew back to Canada alone .. now with this update and no indication of when her interview will be or if they are going to approve her or not i'll have to call Air Canada again sometimes next month to reschedule their flight again maybe till Aug and pay more $$$$$ . it was my mistakes to assume things and make plans a head of time . i really don't know what to think anymore .
I know how you feel... it’s so frustrating and it really seems that the whole so called family reunification policy is total bull. The best thing for your mental health is to stop comparing with other countries and settle in for the wait. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst as they say...

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
I know how you feel... it’s so frustrating and it really seems that the whole so called family reunification policy is total bull. The best thing for your mental health is to stop comparing with other countries and settle in for the wait. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst as they say...
my son doesn't need a visa as he already has a Canadian passport but how can he travel without his mother . very difficult stressful process and all it seems is it is what is it like it or not
:(

I'm logging out for awhile keep reading and comparing is not going to help or fix anything or even speed up a thing , it just add more stress and sadness on top of what it is right now ..

Good luck everyone

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Are there any inland spousal sponsorship applicants on this forum?