+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
We’ve been reading this thread a long time while getting our papers ready - thank you, everybody for sharing your experiences and knowledge! While we have almost all documents ready now we see that we need to get the police certificate to submit with application as well... most of our things were translated by and at appropriate ministries in Cairo BUT they said they wouldn’t translate the national ID card. Where did you guys translate it? Also with passport copy as it doesn’t need to be translated do we just go to any lawyers office to get them to help? It’s all so confusing at times! Thanks for your help and advice ahead of time!

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
We’ve been reading this thread a long time while getting our papers ready - thank you, everybody for sharing your experiences and knowledge! While we have almost all documents ready now we see that we need to get the police certificate to submit with application as well... most of our things were translated by and at appropriate ministries in Cairo BUT they said they wouldn’t translate the national ID card. Where did you guys translate it? Also with passport copy as it doesn’t need to be translated do we just go to any lawyers office to get them to help? It’s all so confusing at times! Thanks for your help and advice ahead of time!
We had the police certificate translated at the Ministry of Interior. ID Card was translated at the North Cairo Court for First Instance, Department of translation. If you've got a newer passport they are already in English, so it wasn't necessary.

Reactions: Tasirmans

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
We had the police certificate translated at the Ministry of Interior. ID Card was translated at the North Cairo Court for First Instance, Department of translation. If you've got a newer passport they are already in English, so it wasn't necessary.
Thanks so much for your input! Another question- for certified copies for documents where should we certify them? At a lawyers office? What has been your experience ?

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
Thanks so much for your input! Another question- for certified copies for documents where should we certify them? At a lawyers office? What has been your experience ?
The translated copies from each respective government department, are the certified copies. They should have stamps and a statement saying they are certified official copies.

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
The translated copies from each respective government department, are the certified copies. They should have stamps and a statement saying they are certified official copies.
We were wondering about passport copy... would we need to go to ministry of foreign affairs to stamp that it’s the certified copy? What did you do? Thank you for your help!

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
We were wondering about passport copy... would we need to go to ministry of foreign affairs to stamp that it’s the certified copy? What did you do? Thank you for your help!
If you've got a newer passport they are already in English, so in our case it wasn't necessary.

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Do we need to fill out IMM5546, details of military service form if we haven’t served in the army? We have the military card translated and it shows exemption from service- is that sufficient or we need to fill out the above form and just write “not applicable” everywhere? Getting a bit paranoid here lol

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hi Tasirmans, and welcome on this thread!

We have a new passport also but the submitted copy that goes into the application needs to be certified as well, right?
For the passport copy, we got a "True copy" stamp from a private office in Cairo, sorry I forgot which one. Other documents were translated and their copies were certified.

Do we need to fill out IMM5546, details of military service form if we haven’t served in the army? We have the military card translated and it shows exemption from service- is that sufficient or we need to fill out the above form and just write “not applicable” everywhere? Getting a bit paranoid here lol
We didn't have to fill this document. I would recommend to follow exactly your checklist. :)

visaInquiry

Mar 19, 2018
Hello Guys,
I'm preparing to translate my documents for my Express Entry application, could you please suggest a place to do this. And it will be great if it's in Alexandria.
Thanks in advance.

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hi Tasirmans, and welcome on this thread!

For the passport copy, we got a "True copy" stamp from a private office in Cairo, sorry I forgot which one. Other documents were translated and their copies were certified.

We didn't have to fill this document. I would recommend to follow exactly your checklist. :)
THanks desertFlower - you're a bit of a legend here! Thanks for your input! That's exactly what I thought about translations and stamps. We believe we have everything together apart from translation of police certificate - thank God we looked here and saw the requirements were updated. All the best for you and your family!

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I have a question about certified translation and certified photocopies. I have translated the all the governmental documents in the ministry of justice. Also I got them stamped at the ministry of exterior affairs.

For something like the marriage certificate I was able to get a certified photocopy from the court, then it was translated in the ministry of justice and finally both the photocopy and the translation were stamped at the ministry of foreign affairs.

I am concerned about some other documents such as the renal agreement, the shared expenses receipts, the passports & the national IDs. How could I got a certified photocopies as I cannot send the originals.
I hope to hear from you as soon as you can. The time is a little bit crucial for my case.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Egypt2018

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
I totally screwed that part up... I only had mine translated at Mitco translated office in naser city... they said it was certified.. so I never got it “certified cop” just legal translated I guess.. we will see if they return it before I get an AOR

Reactions: Little Pharaoh

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
I totally screwed that part up... I only had mine translated at Mitco translated office in naser city... they said it was certified.. so I never got it “certified cop” just legal translated I guess.. we will see if they return it before I get an AOR
When it's translated, it's certified, so don't worry. The "True copy" is when you make a photocopy of a document in the same language. :)

Reactions: Egypt2018