+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Hi everyone,
Just got an email asking us to pick up the passport from the embassy in Cairo. They were very fast. Our time line since our file was transferred from Canada to Cairo:
Transferred to Cairo - Oct 22
Request for additional documents- early Nov
Request for medical and to submit passport- Nov 20
Processing background - Nov 26
Request to pick up passport - Nov 29

I hope everyne here who is waiting will have a fast experience. Wishing everyone the best.

CONGRATULATIONS :)

Did your file transfered to Cairo visa office October 2016 or 2017 !!!

Something else I want to know it .... is it a must for every file to go through security check even if the sponsored person never travelled outside Egypt !!!

cschuett

Apr 22, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS :)

Did your file transfered to Cairo visa office October 2016 or 2017 !!!

Something else I want to know it .... is it a must for every file to go through security check even if the sponsored person never travelled outside Egypt !!!
Oct 2017. We started this process in June 2017 and the whole thing only took 5 months. We are very surprised.

I think every sponsored person has a security check but if the person did not travel outside egypt u just tell them this.

Reactions: Moltoto

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Oct 2017. We started this process in June 2017 and the whole thing only took 5 months. We are very surprised.

I think every sponsored person has a security check but if the person did not travel outside egypt u just tell them this.
They already asked for a copy of my passport pages a long time ago. .. but the online service didn't change since they hv received my medical results in August
and when I send them emails asking for any updates they didn't reply. .. unless they replied 1 time telling me that my file will be listed for an interview. .. This is since September 14..
I don't know what's going on with my file... and they even don't answer emails

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
well 15 months and still waiting they have my passport since may and my pictures for visa !!!!! and still under security clearance

Last edited:

nohaammar

Oct 16, 2017
Hello , i wad wondering if you can help me with the eligibilty to apply under express entry ? Do i need to have a bank account and if i do how much should it be ?

sal_g

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Hello , i wad wondering if you can help me with the eligibilty to apply under express entry ? Do i need to have a bank account and if i do how much should it be ?
you or your spouse should have a bank account with the demanded proof of funds determined according to your family members and to be in the safe side let the money be there for at least 4 month, preferably for 6 months

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hi all has anyone applied for ATIP /GCM notes for his/her file notes recently , I applied on Oct15 th till now haven't heard back and emailed them and no response yet