+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
I am really frustrated as I feel they just started the background checks just after 12 months since applicantion was recived which mean can wait another year until they are done as background checks can not be done in day or two it take months , can anyone here tell how long was the background done specially those who had Notes as me before interview was not started and seems it was not started from October 2016 until October 2017.

Reactions: omo_lylah

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Anyone have idea how long they take for background check to get results and request passport , were others asked to provide travel history and about last year updated personal history

Last edited:

Nsharaf

Mar 13, 2017
Same he
I am really frustrated as I feel they just started the background checks just after 12 months since applicantion was recived which mean can wait another year until they are done as background checks can not be done in day or two it take months , can anyone here tell how long was the background done specially those who had Notes as me before interview was not started and seems it was not started from October 2016 until October 2017.

Same here man, I applied on October 16 2016 and they have not even started the background check yet. Unfortunately this may take years...

Reactions: ahmedwaly

cschuett

Apr 22, 2017
Anyone have idea how long they take for background check to get results and request passport , were others asked to provide travel history and about last year updated personal history
The cairo visa office asked me (sponsor) for proof of my time in egypt. I sent in photocopies of the egypt visas in my passport and some pictures. Then they asked both of us to provide our travel history. I'm not sure where we are at with our background check but they have already asked for my husbands medicals and passport. Will send that in a few days.....I hope u hear something soon.

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
The cairo visa office asked me (sponsor) for proof of my time in egypt. I sent in photocopies of the egypt visas in my passport and some pictures. Then they asked both of us to provide our travel history. I'm not sure where we are at with our background check but they have already asked for my husbands medicals and passport. Will send that in a few days.....I hope u hear something soon.
I not know if they started it or will start the background checks , they are not clear , I’m still waiting for passport request but they have asked before for passport copy already since 4 months. Last thing was travel history . Hope we all hear soon from them

Rebbers332

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
File Transfer...
20-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
My husband will be here in 6 days we have watched this thread for over a year and it has helped us a lot. We thought we would never get an answer and that we did so many things wrong but it all worked out. Just make sure you give all the extra information you think is relevant. I sent in all my electronic tickets and travel itinerary for every trip I took to Egypt that showed the day I got there and the day I left and copies of the Visas. Thanks for your help and I'm sure once my husband gets here he can help by sharing everything he did and where he went to get all of his forms done and translated. Thanks again

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
My husband will be here in 6 days we have watched this thread for over a year and it has helped us a lot. We thought we would never get an answer and that we did so many things wrong but it all worked out. Just make sure you give all the extra information you think is relevant. I sent in all my electronic tickets and travel itinerary for every trip I took to Egypt that showed the day I got there and the day I left and copies of the Visas. Thanks for your help and I'm sure once my husband gets here he can help by sharing everything he did and where he went to get all of his forms done and translated. Thanks again
congrats we hope we catch him soon

cschuett

Apr 22, 2017
Hi everyone,
Just got an email asking us to pick up the passport from the embassy in Cairo. They were very fast. Our time line since our file was transferred from Canada to Cairo:
Transferred to Cairo - Oct 22
Request for additional documents- early Nov
Request for medical and to submit passport- Nov 20
Processing background - Nov 26
Request to pick up passport - Nov 29

I hope everyne here who is waiting will have a fast experience. Wishing everyone the best.

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Hi everyone,
Just got an email asking us to pick up the passport from the embassy in Cairo. They were very fast. Our time line since our file was transferred from Canada to Cairo:
Transferred to Cairo - Oct 22
Request for additional documents- early Nov
Request for medical and to submit passport- Nov 20
Processing background - Nov 26
Request to pick up passport - Nov 29

I hope everyne here who is waiting will have a fast experience. Wishing everyone the best.
Congratulations
Was your medical expired when they ask for medical with passport