+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Hi. Does anyone here know how to follow up on a FOIA request for US? I sent a request in mid Sep. and the status show that it should have been assigned to someone by end of Oct. but it is not. I wonder if we can contact them and how long on average such a request would take?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi members,

For physical presence calculator i have one Question

My wife came to Canada in June 2013 . I am planning to submit out application in "Nov 2017" so ideally we need to provide Physical calculator from Nov 2012 till Nov 2017 , before that she was in my home country (from Nov 2012 till May 2013) ?
- What I need to mention "*Date you left Canada:"
- What I need to mention "*Date you returned to Canada:"
- What reason I should mention in details.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, what date should I put in for the citizenship by birth section of the form? And secondly, my company has changed address after i left the job, do i need to put the old address or the new address?

Last edited:

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
I called IRCC today, they confirmed no PCC is needed for same day commutes to USA if you are working there
Hi Gillmd,
That's good to know! I sent my app in on October 4, and got my AOR last week. I had second thoughts the week after I sent my app, as I had a couple hundred day trips to the US (Windsor to Detroit) as we have an office there that I would attend meetings at, and my son lives only an hour away from me, so I would visit him as well.

I used the webform to inform IRCC that I had obtained a FBI clearance (through a channeler, took only a few hours with electronic fingerprints), and I uploaded the document Friday. So if they don't count day trips, then I should be fine, but at least they have my clearance if they wanted. And I clarified it with them.

gillmd

Feb 10, 2016
Interesting. In that case i don't know why you can't get i94 history.
As suggested https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home is the link I used. Do I just enter my passport details and it pulls the travel history(entry /exit dates) and I print? or It's more to get the I94 . I can pull my current and past I94 here but not travel history in terms of dates? Is there a different procedure? Any thoughts . Unable to reach CBP by phone so far. Will appreciate any input. Thanks again

gillmd

Feb 10, 2016
Hi Gillmd,
That's good to know! I sent my app in on October 4, and got my AOR last week. I had second thoughts the week after I sent my app, as I had a couple hundred day trips to the US (Windsor to Detroit) as we have an office there that I would attend meetings at, and my son lives only an hour away from me, so I would visit him as well.

I used the webform to inform IRCC that I had obtained a FBI clearance (through a channeler, took only a few hours with electronic fingerprints), and I uploaded the document Friday. So if they don't count day trips, then I should be fine, but at least they have my clearance if they wanted. And I clarified it with them.
Great . Good to know that, thanks for sharing your experience. It helps. Were you sure about your travel entry /exits dates to USA, I am trying to find how can I get them from cbp any thoughts?

gillmd

Feb 10, 2016
Hi. Does anyone here know how to follow up on a FOIA request for US? I sent a request in mid Sep. and the status show that it should have been assigned to someone by end of Oct. but it is not. I wonder if we can contact them and how long on average such a request would take?
Try calling 202 325 0150

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Hi Spyfy
Thanks again for this great initiative.

I have a question on 12 (b) for now and may have more in future :).

"To be eligible for citizenship, applicants are required to meet their tax filing obligations under the Income Tax Act for the appropriate relevant period: Three of the taxation years that fall fully or partially within the five years immediately before the date of application." --------What if I filed the tax but that was not required according to Income Tax Act. To be more clearly asking my question....I am applying on 2019 and have filled taxes for 2018, 2017 & 2016. Out of those years, 2016 filing was not required as per Income Tax Act. Can it be a reason they might return my application?

Thanks
SHSajib

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Please can any body remove this name in spreadsheet , what i believe is scam and want to confuse us
ID:terryib
Presence Calculator:1461
Application type: Single
Application sent: Oct 10,2017
Application Received: Oct 10, 2017
AOR: Nov 01, 2017
In Process : Nov 02, 2017

galt

Sep 22, 2014
Hi.

I have a question regarding CIT002 Section 11. How can I add more space to fill out the address. + button is not adding any space. Also when I print the document it shows+ button. Please help.

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Great . Good to know that, thanks for sharing your experience. It helps. Were you sure about your travel entry /exits dates to USA, I am trying to find how can I get them from cbp any thoughts?
I'm a US citizen, so I had no I-94 to look up, which is quick (my wife's for example).

I had to do a FOIA request, and it took them forever. I submitted in March, it was assigned in April, but I didn't receive my records until September. I mainly did it to double check my paper records: I kept a small notebook with all my entries and exits, and the purpose of the trip.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Please can any body remove this name in spreadsheet , what i believe is scam and want to confuse us
ID:terryib
Presence Calculator:1461
Application type: Single
Application sent: Oct 10,2017
Application Received: Oct 10, 2017
AOR: Nov 01, 2017
In Process : Nov 02, 2017
Honest mistake..no one is trying to confuse anyone :)
Check the October 2017 group. Member MAZCAR reached out to Terryib and verified that the user made a mistake. They thought having their AOR visible in ecas was same as in process.