+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone- I have a doubt regarding Question #14A.

I recently had my Indian passport reissued at Toronto. I am completing my application as "Country of issue- India", and "Place of issue- Toronto".

Or should it be "Country of issue- Canada", and "Place of issue- Toronto".

Thanks in advance for helping out.

check the bio page of your passport. they would have worded it out for ya!

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, do we have to tick Yes for during the eligiblity period lived outside Canada? And attach a note saying that the question doesnot correspond to me? Anyone who has recieved an AOR can advice?

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Hi All,
Sorry if this has been answered earlier.
If my eligibility period starts November 2012 however I lived in Canada Since Jan 2011, Should I put the "From date" in Questions 10 and 11 as Nov 2012 or Jan 2011?
Thankyou

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Yes, I know I know, why start a new thread, there already are so many. :)
However, I feared that this FAQ would get lost if I posted it as a reply in one of the other threads.

I started an FAQ.

Note: I am posting the original version of the FAQ here but the Forum won't allow me to update the post after some hours (one can only edit posts in the first hours). So please check the current version of the FAQ on these two webpages:
https://canimmiwiki.000webhostapp.com/doku.php?id=citizenshipgeneral
https://canimmiwiki.000webhostapp.com/doku.php?id=policecertificates

FAQ

What should I worry about?

• Double check the document checklist. Triple check the document checklist. Make sure you forgot no required document.
  • Make sure you sign both your application and the printout of the residency calculator.
  • Do not leave any gaps in your history. Not even a single day. It is fine if periods overlap. You can be both a student and a part-time employee. But make sure you don't leave a gap. Put “unemployed” or “housewife/househusband” etc.
What should I not worry about too much?
  • "The perfect wording". Simply be honest and clar. An example: You have to list your status in Canada before PR. Some people were on implied status for a while and they ask if they should write “implied status” or “study permit” or “study permit/implied status”. Your form will be read by a human. They can process different descriptions. Just make sure you are clear an concise. There is no “perfect wording”.
  • Adding unnecessary documentation. For example, they only ask you to copy the bio page of your passport. You do not need to have your passport stamps copied and/or translated. If they want to see those stamps, they will contact you later.
  • Processing Time. Questions like “I am XXX/I have done XXX, will that affect my processing time?” are not really helpful. To be honest, no
Hi Spyfy
Thanks again for this great initiative.

I have a question on 12 (b) for now and may have more in future :).

"To be eligible for citizenship, applicants are required to meet their tax filing obligations under the Income Tax Act for the appropriate relevant period: Three of the taxation years that fall fully or partially within the five years immediately before the date of application." --------What if I filed the tax but that was not required according to Income Tax Act. To be more clearly asking my question....I am applying on 2019 and have filled taxes for 2018, 2017 & 2016. Out of those years, 2016 filing was not required as per Income Tax Act. Can it be a reason they might return my application?

Thanks
SHSajib

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hi All,
If my eligibility period starts November 2012 however I lived in Canada Since Jan 2011, Should I put the "From date" in Questions 10 and 11 as Nov 2012 or Jan 2011?
Thankyou
You can mention your status from January 2011. That's not an issue.

For question 10, you have to mention addresses. If you have lived in one address since January 2011 and beyond, then mention January 2011.

For question 11, if you have worked or studied at one institution since January 2011, then mention the actual start date.

Hope this helps. Best wishes for your application :)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Spyfy
Thanks again for this great initiative.

I have a question on 12 (b) for now and may have more in future :).

"To be eligible for citizenship, applicants are required to meet their tax filing obligations under the Income Tax Act for the appropriate relevant period: Three of the taxation years that fall fully or partially within the five years immediately before the date of application." --------What if I filed the tax but that was not required according to Income Tax Act. To be more clearly asking my question....I am applying on 2019 and have filled taxes for 2018, 2017 & 2016. Out of those years, 2016 filing was not required as per Income Tax Act. Can it be a reason they might return my application?

Thanks
SHSajib
They will obviously not punish you for filing although you didn't have to. You will be fine.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Wolfpack is right.

FIRST the residency calculator asks you for times you were living in Canada (as a visitor or as a PR and so on). For her, that starts with June 2013 to May 2015 as visitor and May 2015 to now as PR.

THEN you only list absences during those times. So only absences since June 2013.
Great , so I will update her Physical presence calculator , i will trouble if I will face any issue on this :D

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Also as per check list item 3 "Photocopies of Biopages of passport and all travel document for last 5 year"?

do i need to take photo copy of all my Visa pages (extension of Visa for Canada) and USA visa also , my work permit extension photo copy for 5 year

or just passport bio pages are enough ?

Please advice

Last edited:

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also as per check list item 3 "Photocopies of Biopages of passport and all travel document for last 5 year"?

do i need to take photo copy of all my Visa pages (extension of Visa for Canada) and USA visa also , my work permit extension photo copy for 5 year

or just passport bio pages are enough ?

Please advice
the checklist asks for the bio pages ( typically first and last) only. anything else would be an over-kill !

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case you're not sure
They will obviously not punish you for filing although you didn't have to. You will be fine.
I called the CRA, this AM and authenticated through my SIN number just to make sure they have all my tax records up to date. just to make sure.

Phone: 1-800-959-8281 (Canada and United States)

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Thankyou
You can put any earlier date you like the online tool is automatically going to calculate only the days that falls in the eligibility time frame.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
You can put any earlier date you like the online tool is automatically going to calculate only the days that falls in the eligibility time frame.
Thanks. Online tool gave me eligibility period from November 2012 and application forms asks for "During the eligibility period". So I was confused if we only need to mention start date which begin from Eligibility start date.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check the bio page of your passport. they would have worded it out for ya!
It would have been nice if it had been worded out in my bio page. I wouldn't have had this question in that case.

The bio page in my new passport just has place of issue as Toronto, and nowhere there's a mention of Country of issue. I wanted to check with others in the forum to confirm if I got it correctly instead of assuming.

Couple of people answered with the info I needed.