+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

gillmd

Feb 10, 2016
I'm a US citizen, so I had no I-94 to look up, which is quick (my wife's for example).

I had to do a FOIA request, and it took them forever. I submitted in March, it was assigned in April, but I didn't receive my records until September. I mainly did it to double check my paper records: I kept a small notebook with all my entries and exits, and the purpose of the trip.
Oh my,it took forever

gillmd

Feb 10, 2016
As suggested https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home is the link I used. Do I just enter my passport details and it pulls the travel history(entry /exit dates) and I print? or It's more to get the I94 . I can pull my current and past I94 here but not travel history in terms of dates? Is there a different procedure? Any thoughts . Unable to reach CBP by phone so far. Will appreciate any input. Thanks again
Please advise is this the only way to get the entry / exit enteries, as foia is so time consuming.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Please advise is this the only way to get the entry / exit enteries, as foia is so time consuming.
I used the i94 link in your post to get my travel history. There is a tab for the actual i94 and another for entry exit details.

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hi,
What would be proof of english proficiency for a person who did grade 10,11,12 in canada and is now in second year of university? Would it be the high school transcript or first year university transcript or both or all the report cards of the four years?
Thanks in advance

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi members,

For physical presence calculator i have one Question

My wife came to Canada in June 2013 . I am planning to submit out application in "Nov 2017" so ideally we need to provide Physical calculator from Nov 2012 till Nov 2017 , before that she was in my home country (from Nov 2012 till May 2013) ?
- What I need to mention "*Date you left Canada:"
- What I need to mention "*Date you returned to Canada:"
- What reason I should mention in details.
I am assuming that she landed as a PR in June 2013. In this case you don't have to fill anything about the period before she landed in Canada- because technically she never left Canada.
This makes logical sense to me, and that's how I am filling my application. I am hoping somebody else sees this and confirms.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone- I have a doubt regarding Question #14A.

I recently had my Indian passport reissued at Toronto. I am completing my application as "Country of issue- India", and "Place of issue- Toronto".

Or should it be "Country of issue- Canada", and "Place of issue- Toronto".

Thanks in advance for helping out.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

I recently had my Indian passport reissued at Toronto. I am completing my application as "Country of issue- India", and "Place of issue- Toronto".

Country of issue is India, Place of issue is Toronto.

Reactions: wolfpack27616

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015

You should write "Country of issue- India", and "Place of issue- Toronto"

Good Luck

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I am assuming that she landed as a PR in June 2013. In this case you don't have to fill anything about the period before she landed in Canada- because technically she never left Canada.
This makes logical sense to me, and that's how I am filling my application. I am hoping somebody else sees this and confirms.
Sorry I forgot to mention she came to Canada in June 2013 as visitor and became PR in May 2015.

Now what I should write for these fields

(from Nov 2012 till May 2013) ?

Reactions: find_anand

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I forgot to mention she came to Canada in June 2013 as visitor and became PR in May 2015.

This is slightly different from my situation (I had landed as a PR)- but the logic is the same. She never did leave Canada between November 2012 to May 2013. So she need not fill anything for that period.

In my opinion- she needs to start filling out entry/exit info from June 2013 onwards.

It would be great if someone like @spyfy could confirm if i am right? Or if I am wrong- what would be the answer.

P.S: CEC_1304- Thanks for answering my question. Good luck for your application!

gillmd

Feb 10, 2016

Country of Issue (which country issued it): India
Place of Issue(where was it issued) :Toronto

gillmd

Feb 10, 2016
I used the i94 link in your post to get my travel history. There is a tab for the actual i94 and another for entry exit details.
I used that link as well, not sure why it says "No travel records found" even though I am a daily commuter.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

This is slightly different from my situation (I had landed as a PR)- but the logic is the same. She never did leave Canada between November 2012 to May 2013. So she need not fill anything for that period.

In my opinion- she needs to start filling out entry/exit info from June 2013 onwards.

It would be great if someone like @spyfy could confirm if i am right? Or if I am wrong- what would be the answer.

P.S: CEC_1304- Thanks for answering my question. Good luck for your application!
Wolfpack is right.

FIRST the residency calculator asks you for times you were living in Canada (as a visitor or as a PR and so on). For her, that starts with June 2013 to May 2015 as visitor and May 2015 to now as PR.

THEN you only list absences during those times. So only absences since June 2013.

Reactions: CEC_1304

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
My wife’s application delivered on October 16, received the AOR yesterday. She had lived abroad during eligible period. And she selected Yes for the question 9C and attached an explanation letter instead of CIT077 form. So I guess mystery on 9C is revealed now.
By the way, CIC is really fast nowadays, AOR for my application in July had arrived in 40 days.