+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo Timeline

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Starting this thread specifically for people whose case is being handled at Buffalo, NY. I tried to find something similar to compare my case against someonebut not a whole lot of luck. If your case if in Buffalo, please pitch in and mark your signature. Thanks to all of you out there.

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Hey ecs,

Great idea & nice to keep track of how things are progressing with the Buffalo office.......timeline below!

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice one whoppi. Lets keep a track of this thread and see how we compare against fellow Buffalo applicants.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok guys, come on now. I know there are a few buffalo applicants out there. Please post the timeline.

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
I went through Buffalo and had my passport with PR visa in hand within 2.5 months of sending to CPC-M!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Please let us know what is CPC M?
Most of us sent applications to the Buffalo consulate after the Central Intake Unit at Sydney approved our initial applications.
We have been waiting for various periods for 6 months or more....

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This is where family-based outland applications are sent.

Honolulu said:
Please let us know what is CPC M?
Most of us sent applications to the Buffalo consulate after the Central Intake Unit at Sydney approved our initial applications.
We have been waiting for various periods for 6 months or more....

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just in opinions, how strict do you think they are in Buffalo?

I know some visa offices seem to be more strict than others.

How did everyone receive most of the news during the process of their application? Mail, email, e-Cas.

How often did they update e-Cas?

Do a lot people get rejected that go through Buffalo?

Just wondering this since my application will go through Buffalo.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I understand Buffalo is one of the faster offices, but tell us, what do you mean by "strict?"

ColorMePanda said:

How did everyone receive most of the news during the process of their application? Mail, email, e-Cas.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like where my partner and I will only have been together for the minimum requirement and don't have as much financially to show since we live with his parents. I am afraid that all we have to offer them won't be enough to satisfy them.

That is basically what I mean by strict, as in maybe not seeing the reality of a relationship and only base it just on how you fill out the application.

Just wondering if they give most people a fair chance at it? I am just afraid we won't have enough seeing as everyone always seems to have much more than us.

Karlshammar said:
From what I understand Buffalo is one of the faster offices, but tell us, what do you mean by "strict?"

ColorMePanda said:

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Quick Update...my husband received an email today today from CIC (Buffalo) stating that our file has been transferred to NYC to expedite the processing of our application. Not sure if this means anything, but I'm feeling optimistic that at least things are moving along!! Not sure what happens next but I'll keep posting. :D

gypsygirl

Sep 12, 2009
My husband got a letter yesterday requestinga 2nd police clearance from Buffalo. Our timeline is:

2009 Aug 31: Sponsorship approved
2009 Sept 17: Theystarted processing the application in Buffalo
2009 Oct 14: police clearance request (still in Buffalo)

Cebuano

Oct 21, 2009
We sent our package to CPC Mississaugua on 17 July and Just today we recieved the letter asking for the Right of permanet residency payment for $490. Yay

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
My husband received a letter today from the New York office requesting his Passport!!!!!!! Needless to say we are VERY excited and somewhat stunned that he has received his PPR so quickly....but we're not complaining!!!!!! Anyway, he just travelled to canada a couple of days ago to visit and was planning on staying for a month, so now I guess we'll just send his Passport from here!! Anyway, hope this is encouraging news for everybody else applying through Buffalo/New York!!! Best wishes to all.

[move]Whooooooo Hooooooo!!!!![/move]