waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
whoppi said:
My husband received a letter today from the New York office requesting his Passport!!!!!!! Needless to say we are VERY excited and somewhat stunned that he has received his PPR so quickly....but we're not complaining!!!!!! Anyway, he just travelled to canada a couple of days ago to visit and was planning on staying for a month, so now I guess we'll just send his Passport from here!! Anyway, hope this is encouraging news for everybody else applying through Buffalo/New York!!! Best wishes to all.

Whooooooo Hooooooo!!!!!
That's crazy fast!
Congratulations! :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
whoppi said:
My husband received a letter today from the New York office requesting his Passport!!!!!!! Needless to say we are VERY excited and somewhat stunned that he has received his PPR so quickly....but we're not complaining!!!!!! Anyway, he just travelled to canada a couple of days ago to visit and was planning on staying for a month, so now I guess we'll just send his Passport from here!! Anyway, hope this is encouraging news for everybody else applying through Buffalo/New York!!! Best wishes to all.

[move]Whooooooo Hooooooo!!!!![/move]
congratulations! really good news!

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whoppi said:

[move]Whooooooo Hooooooo!!!!![/move]
WOW, is all I can say! A month! Buffalo/New York only took one freakin month to process your application! That is sooo crazy fast, Congrats to you! I am going through Buffalo as well (Just recieved sponsorship approval last week) so this makes me so excited at the possibility that mine could be done that fast!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Application for Family Class Conjugal partner received Aug 11, 2009, sponsor approved Sept 12, application was sent to Buffalo, got an email today requesting my passport. Total time (not counting the enormous amount of time spent working on the application) less than 3 months.

I'm headed to Buffalo next week to submit passport and pictures. Anyone know if I will walk away with a PR card??

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will give you your visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence, and then you can land. The actual card comes in the mail later.

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
This is my case:

App Sent-31 Aug 09
Spon Appvd-24 Sep 09
AOR(Buffalo)-29 Sep 09 (They send me letter informing the file number and Changing information form which i dont really what the purpose of it???)
In Process-Oct 7 09
Still checking online for the good news.

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
AllisonVSC said:
Application for Family Class Conjugal partner received Aug 11, 2009, sponsor approved Sept 12, application was sent to Buffalo, got an email today requesting my passport. Total time (not counting the enormous amount of time spent working on the application) less than 3 months.

I'm headed to Buffalo next week to submit passport and pictures. Anyone know if I will walk away with a PR card??
hey Allison,
I want to share with you about my case, I got married with an Canadian man, but we havent had marriage ceremony yet, we are planning to do it in Canada later. I sent out the application on 31 Aug, 2 weeks after yours. Now it still says in process status. I dont know if is there any inconvenience if we havent had that ceremony? Please advise! thank you

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Thanks everybody for the "congrats", we just sent everything off to NY today with my husband's passport, so hopefully it won't take too long to get back....best wishes to all.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Hi Ha Nguyen,

Not sure I can offer any insight on your case. My sponsor and I are not married and applied as conjugal partners. Any spousal applicants out there that can comment on Ha Nguyen's case?

Has your sponsor been approved yet? That will be the first time "In process" will change to "decision made". The website still said "in process" under Application for PR status even though I received an email last week. Today the website was changed to "decision made". SO glad I knew what the decision was before I saw it on the website.

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
AllisonVSC said:
Hi Ha Nguyen,

Not sure I can offer any insight on your case. My sponsor and I are not married and applied as conjugal partners. Any spousal applicants out there that can comment on Ha Nguyen's case?

Has your sponsor been approved yet? That will be the first time "In process" will change to "decision made". The website still said "in process" under Application for PR status even though I received an email last week. Today the website was changed to "decision made". SO glad I knew what the decision was before I saw it on the website.
This is my timeline:

31 Aug 09: Sending application
24 Aug 09: Sponsorship approved
29 Aug 09: AOR received
7 Oct 09: Filed in Buffalo and in process status
Did you have the interview? I think you have a lot of evidence to prove about your relationship. anyways Congratulation!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I did not have an interview. Our application was over 200 pages and included emails, a chronology of our relationship with pictures from 2004-present), flight itineraries, copies of joint bank statements and insurance beneficiary info, evidence that he tried to find a job in the US, copies of the stamps in our passports, letters and emails from friends and family declaring our relationship to be true and genuine. I wanted to make sure our application was convincing because I had heard that conjugal partner status was hard to get if there is no barrier to marrying. I also carefully labeled and bundled each section to match the document checklist to make the IO's job as easy as possible.

dr_sarwat

Jul 9, 2009
Hey all,

I am on the same boat. Here are my details (sponsored by my husband living in Torono):

File transferred to NYC: Oct 15, 2009.
ROA recieved: Nov, 04, 2009.

I cannot find my application status online. What to do?
I am really worried, as I am on student visa in US and my degree is finishing in May, 2009. I cannot stay after May in US. Just praying that I get my passport request and atleast call for interview before that.

Congrats to all those who have got their PRs.

Thanks

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
dr_sarwat said:
Hey all,

I am on the same boat. Here are my details (sponsored by my husband living in Torono):

File transferred to NYC: Oct 15, 2009.
ROA recieved: Nov, 04, 2009.

I cannot find my application status online. What to do?
I am really worried, as I am on student visa in US and my degree is finishing in May, 2009. I cannot stay after May in US. Just praying that I get my passport request and atleast call for interview before that.

Congrats to all those who have got their PRs.

Thanks
hi,
I am an international student in US too. my visa will be expired on March 2010. i dont think the app will take that long, I sent the app on 31 Aug, and now I am waiting for the interview in Buffalo office. you can use the file number they sent to you in the AOR to check your status online.

Good luck!

hicanada

Nov 15, 2009
I just joined the club about 2 mins ago.. I have a quick question about the timeline that each of you listed below in your response.. Hw are u able to track this? Can you please provide me details on how..