+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT - DEC 2012 ONWARDS

rvernoit

Mar 14, 2013
Hello everyone,
I am very new to this Forum so I am very sorry if I am posting this question in the wrong forum. I have a question and I am wondering if anyone can help.

Can I continue to work with my employer in the event that my Work Permit expires? This is what my situation is: I am recently applied for Bridging Open Work Permit ( i applied about 2 weeks ago for it)...the thing is my Work Permit will be expiring in exactly 6 weeks. I read somewhere about "implied status" but I can not find anything about still working while on implied status on the CIC Website....any help or information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
You can continue working for the same employer under the same conditions as your recently expired work permit while under implied status. Do not leave the country though.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rvernoit said:
Hello everyone,
I am very new to this Forum so I am very sorry if I am posting this question in the wrong forum. I have a question and I am wondering if anyone can help.

Can I continue to work with my employer in the event that my Work Permit expires? This is what my situation is: I am recently applied for Bridging Open Work Permit ( i applied about 2 weeks ago for it)...the thing is my Work Permit will be expiring in exactly 6 weeks. I read somewhere about "implied status" but I can not find anything about still working while on implied status on the CIC Website....any help or information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
You are good... Hopefully you will hear back before your work permit express.

If for whatever reason you don't, you are on implied status.

1) If you have an open work permit, the same conditions apply.
2) If you are on a closed permit, the same conditions apply.

Until you receive the BOWP, that is.

Best of luck!

J

Alex677

Mar 15, 2013
Does anybody had an answer about open bridging work permit?
I applied to open WP December 27 and today get a call from CIC. The officer told me then I am not eligible to open WP because of the following
They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above;

I applied to CEC in September and get email with my application Id which was attached to my application to open WP, but the officer told he required something else.
Does anybody knows what exactly mean "positive eligibility decision"?

Thanks.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Alex,

This again is an example of the consistently inconsistent actions of CIC Visa officers. The positive eligibility as mentioned on the cic website for Bridging Open Work Permit - is the AOR email they send. You have already received that. The BOWP web page clearly states:

CEC: the “Eligibility CEC” decision has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

I wonder then, why they have denied you the BOWP. Could it be that for certain CEC applications visa officers consider AOR as acceptable and for certain other applications they want the application to be in the final stage (Decision Made - status). The information/document the VO requested you, perhaps may help us to figure out the other criteria they have not published on the website.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Everyone - If anyone got confused by reading the above few responses, please dont be. In this specific case of Alex677 - there is NO INCONSISTENCY by CIC. The person perhaps forgot to mention that s/he already got a positive LMO and that's why the officer did not issue a BOWP. (i discovered this critical piece of info while reading the responses from Alex in another thread).

Alex677 said:
in fact I have LMO for my current company, and I applied to new WP for current company in January, after I applied to open WP.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=post;quote=2144731;topic=128526.150;num_replies=160;sesc=ef0abe915acfedc4b97b569cc530a798

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the right link.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/great-news-for-cec-applicants-open-work-permits-now-available-t128526.0.html;msg2144781#msg2144781

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Everyone - If anyone got confused by reading the above few responses, please dont be. In this specific case of Alex677 - there is NO INCONSISTENCY by CIC. The person perhaps forgot to mention that s/he already got a positive LMO and that's why the officer did not issue a BOWP. (i discovered this critical piece of info while reading the responses from Alex in another thread).
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=post;quote=2144731;topic=128526.150;num_replies=160;sesc=ef0abe915acfedc4b97b569cc530a798
Thanks for the update!! :D

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hi, I am a Jan 2013 CEC applicant and I just filed my OWP application online.
It looks like CIC may contact me for additional information and in such a case, the deadline for submitting the doc is April 9.
The issue is that my current WP expires at the end of the month. In case CIC asks for more info after my WP expires, would that be ok to resubmit the additional information? I guess the only thing that matters is that I transmitted the doc before the expiry of my current WP?
Does anyone know?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
That is correct. What matters is that you applied before the expiry of your current work permit. Now CIC will take its own sweet time to process it or request additional docs. You have nothing to worry.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Hey folks,

I was wondering, while applying for the BOWP, do you need to fill out the part on the IMM5710E form about the prospective employer?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
lithium002 said:
Hey folks,

I was wondering, while applying for the BOWP, do you need to fill out the part on the IMM5710E form about the prospective employer?
You dont have to if you dont have an employer. You can simply write 'not applicable' there.

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
Alex677 said:
Does anybody had an answer about open bridging work permit?
I applied to open WP December 27 and today get a call from CIC. The officer told me then I am not eligible to open WP because of the following
They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above;

I applied to CEC in September and get email with my application Id which was attached to my application to open WP, but the officer told he required something else.
Does anybody knows what exactly mean "positive eligibility decision"?

Thanks.

I called CIC today. I was about to submit my BOWP application today.They said the AOR that I received will not considered as a positive eligibility decision. They suggested me to contact the Intake Office-Sydnet to learn if I have passed this eligibility.

I can not find the email adress of Sydney office. I am thinking to email to CPP_O.
I was wondering what happened with your case.

Worth2wait

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
Med's Request
September 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada
I have a question, please help if you can. Do you know if my spouse (she is on study permit) can apply for bridging open work permit, we received AOR in 2011. I called the call center and they said that if we applied and got positive eligibility Review we both are qualified for bridging open work permit. Though on cic it says only those that have valid work permit.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
green_dc said:
I called CIC today. I was about to submit my BOWP application today.They said the AOR that I received will not considered as a positive eligibility decision. They suggested me to contact the Intake Office-Sydnet to learn if I have passed this eligibility.
How does that make any sense? This new permit was created in order to facilitate continues residency while applications are being processed. I dont buy into this CIC agent's advice. I have called them before and they have steered me wrong quite a few times. As was published in OB 485:

* They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above

Determining if a Positive Eligibility Decision has been made:
* CEC: the “Eligibility CEC” decision has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.

I completely understand your concern though. When I have heard back from CIC on my application, I will update you guys. My reasoning: if they deny on the sole basis of eligibility, they would be providing the applicant with grounds for appeal/review (assuming they have received an AOR), as they would have violated their own operational guidelines. Absolute rubbish!