InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Jhendi said:
@ infoseeker 12.

Yes, it was a pretty hard decision that i need to do.

Thanks for all the insights though specially the link that you provided.

Now, i can get everything ready for my BOWP application and send it as soon as i get my AOR. fingers crossed hopefully will get my AOR by last week of June.

good luck to me and thanks again.
Yep - send the BOWP application online - as in your case you need it urgently (40 days i guess) and you will apply as soon as you get the AOR email.

All the best Jhendi.

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
09-Sept-2015. "In process" 10-Sept-2015. Accra started processing Sept 23,2015. Medicals results received Oct 14,2015.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21, 2016, didnt see the email until May 31,201. Passport sent to VO June 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
Hi guys,
I'm very happy to have come across this thread. I have gone through all your posting and I must say Thank you to each and everyone of you. I have some question regarding filling the IMM5710F. I know am meant to fill page 1 of 5, 2 of 5 and other pages.

I know am not meant to fill the DETAIL OF INTEND WORK IN CANADA on page 3 of 5.The big question is do I fill the EMPLOYEMENT section on page 3 of 5??

Also, some people are saying it would be best I attach the BOWP brochure along with my application as the officer who would be accessing my case might not have an idea of this?

What else would you advice me to submit with my application?

least I forget, should also fill out the "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] form" ? I'm in a common-law union. Thanks!

I need quick responses plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi CJ308 - I hope this helps:

cj308 said:
Hi guys,

I want to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. i have a few question, which are as: If anyone has got the BOWP and aware about filling up the form, could you please let me know as well.

1. whether am eligible to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit or not?
Note: My online Canadian Experience Class PR Application status = Application Received. They received my application on 1st march. And I have a confirmation mail from Centralized Intake Office with my Applicaiton no. and acknowledge of fee payment of CEC.

Awesome - that is one of the basic conditions you have already fulfilled by receiving your AOR.

2. As of now, am in Work Permit ( close work permit ) and working and my contract with company is going to expire on 31st July 2013 along with my work permit and visa. While filling the form IMM5710E (Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker)

a. What should i choose from below?
i. A work permit with the same emploer
ii. Restoration of temporary resident status as worker
iii. A work permit with a new employer
iv Initial Temporary Resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

Choose iii. A work permit with a new employer

b. Do i have to provide present Employer detail on "Details of Intended Work in Canada", as my contract is going

to expire on 31st July and applying for Open Work Permit.

No, BOWP is an open work permit. Which means you are not going to be bonded with any single employer. Hence you dont have to provide any information about any employer. If you do so, the VO might get confused.

Just simply write a cover letter and explain what you have mentioned above. Clearly state that you are applying for a Bridging Open Work Permit.

3. Do my spouse to fill separate form. As of now, she is with me in Visitor?

I am not sure about this one. You may want to call CIC call center and see what they say?
I recall few members applied for BOWP along with their spouse and both of them got it.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Guys if you are reading this, could you please help this gentleman regarding applying for BOWP with Spouse (on Visit Visa)

*cj308*

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
hey pokie, let us know if you are still looking for any last minute info on BOWP.

pokie said:
Hi guys,
I'm very happy to have come across this thread. I have gone through all your posting and I must say Thank you to each and everyone of you. I have some question regarding filling the IMM5710F. I know am meant to fill page 1 of 5, 2 of 5 and other pages.

I know am not meant to fill the DETAIL OF INTEND WORK IN CANADA on page 3 of 5.The big question is do I fill the EMPLOYEMENT section on page 3 of 5??

Its simply asking about your past work history. So yea, in my knowledge, you are required to complete that part of the form.

Also, some people are saying it would be best I attach the BOWP brochure along with my application as the officer who would be accessing my case might not have an idea of this?

"Some people" WERE saying that in the beginning which made perfect sense then as things were new - but a lot of time has passed since then and we hope that VO in Vegereville office know what is a Bridging Open Work Permit.

What else would you advice me to submit with my application?

Everything that is prescribed in the document check list. Plus, a cover letter clearly stating that you are applying for a BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT

least I forget, should also fill out the "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] form" ? I'm in a common-law union. Thanks!

My apologies - i'm not sure about this last one. It seems that if one is in such relationship, one is supposed to fill it, but i will leave this part for someone who knows more about. If you dont get answer here on time, you can always call the CIC call center.

All the best.

I need quick responses plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

cj308

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
[size=10pt][size=10pt]HI InfoSeekers! thank you very much[/size][/size]

Mandy_Morgan

May 22, 2013
Hello,

Could you tell me how does it work for the Health Insurance in Quebec in the BOWP case?

I read the RAMQ website, but it's not clear about bridging... Will I lose my Insurance?

malisa

May 15, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP=Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
9-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
3-08-2012
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Jan18, 2013 (45 days)
Passport Req..
Ppr, 28 sept 2013. in process...23 aug 2013, decision made 28 sept, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2013. PR card..Jan 2014.
Dear Sir

I got an open work permit visa stamped for 2 years in January as my PR case is already in process in OTTAWA for MPNP.

Is there any time limit that I have to make first entry in Manitoba or I can move within the period of two years any time.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

cj308

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
hi guys,

Can any one let me know, what does it mean by "Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months"?? Does it mean, i have to apply before 4 months of my Work Permit expiry date??

thanking you.

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
hello canimm123,

I guess you need not ask the same question all over the forum (I saw the same question in at least 4 threads!!) at least please give sometime to see if you will get an answer.

Between your question is answered in the other thread!

thanks
:)

cj308

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
Usver said:
No surprise by this decision!
In fact I think this inconsistent decisions are part of the way CIC handle a lot of cases. VO make decisions base in their own opinions and not the very same rules that they are suppose to apply. I personally called a least 6 times to CIC and I spoke with Call Center Agents who assure me every time that unless the WP was valid and going to expire within 4 four months. One will not be eligible for the new BOWP.
by reading the post in this forum the way many VO respond to applications an such inconsistent way that one only option is hope to get our application review by VO who just got a nice sip of coffee with a good Chocolate donuts bite and then he/she will be in good mood to make a positive decision.... :eek:

Hi Usver

Can you let me know, what does it mean by "Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months"?? Does it mean, i have to apply before 4 months of my Work Permit expiry date??

thanking you

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
which means you have can apply with in the last 4 months of expiry, but not before that.

cj308 said:
Hi Usver

Can you let me know, what does it mean by "Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months"?? Does it mean, i have to apply before 4 months of my Work Permit expiry date??

thanking you

cj308

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
shibinp said:
which means you have can apply with in the last 4 months of expiry, but not before that.

hi shibinp

thank you. I have one more question. My employer is going to process my extension for 2months, till 30 Sep 2013. Within day or two, they will start the process. But mean while i want to apply for BOWP. Can this be done? And will this gonna effect my other work permit which is going to be processed by my employer?

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-how-many-of-you-have-applied-and-received-it-successfully-t139027.0.html;msg2358958#msg2358958

cj308 said:
hi shibinp

thank you. I have one more question. My employer is going to process my extension for 2months, till 30 Sep 2013. Within day or two, they will start the process. But mean while i want to apply for BOWP. Can this be done? And will this gonna effect my other work permit which is going to be processed by my employer?

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
yahoo7 said:
We need more people responding to this post as there seems to be lot of confusion on the rules for BOWP now based on how a BOWP has been issued to one of our friends GHBoy.
[/quoteyahoo 7 if u clearly read the rule its 4 month s left means ..........after4 months still can apply for bowp even status is implied

Jun 14, 2013
I'm having issue with the apply online questionnaire.

I am applying under the CEC, but I'm not sure what to answer on some questions, I say I am working, but do I say I have a written job offer, because if I do it asks for it when I come to apply online. I think I read I didn't need that for BOWP. If I don't say I have a written job offer, it won't let me apply online.

Also I say I am working under an international agreement in the 2nd stage.

am I applying right?