+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone. I'm on an IEC visa and have applied for a BOWP, but it looks like my IEC will expire before the BOWP gets approved. Does anyone know if I can still legally work in Canada during the expired period?

Rhadjy67

Sep 18, 2018
Anyone here applied bowp last October? I applied bowp for me and for my wife last October 8 it's been 65days now and I dont get anything and still they dont start the reviewing my application on my timeline I felt so frustrating now.our permit expired today .based on what I read here their just take 55 to 62days when they got the

Rhadjy67

Sep 18, 2018
Anyone here applied bowp last October? I applied bowp for me and for my wife last October 8 it's been 65days now and I dont get anything and still they dont start the reviewing my application on my timeline I felt so frustrating now.our permit expired today .based on what I read here their just take 55 to 62days when they got their bowp.

boa4038

Dec 18, 2018
Yes, I already got my PR and My BOWP got cancelled by CIC as I got PR approved before the processing of BOWP.

In your case, You can continue to work with expired SIN when you are in implied status. My SIN got expired on July 31st and I got New SIN on Aug 28th only during landing interview. So I worked around a month with expired SIN. There is no issue with that if you are in implied status.

I am not sure about driving license.

Thanks
Hi Sabariraj, thank you so much for the info, it helps me kind of understand my situation! I am just wondering when your visa got expired, you were immediately in implied status because of your submission of BOWP? or did u need to cross the border and returned to Canada in order to be in implied status? thanks!

Rhadjy67

Sep 18, 2018
I submitted mine on the 9th of October hopefully I will get it on the 27th around then. Happy for you. I'm super stressed
For sure you will get next day same feeling before is your application change to review the eligibility already?mine change dec 24 then day after DM to approved

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Finally after 77days I got my bowp
Oct 8 recieved
Dec 25 approved
Best Christmas gift
What's the big deal about BOWP? You will get it when you get it, if they don't process it before you get PR even better, you get your money back. No?

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Does anyone know if IRCC requires biometrics collection for BOWP applications?

If so, is there a way I can give them in Canada or in the USA? I know they are not collecting biometrics for inland PR applications, but does that apply to BOWP as well?

Thanks.

Reactions: bruno5000

Medwizkid

Jul 27, 2018
As far as I know they are not taking biometrics yet inland for any type of permit. But you CIC profile would say if you have too.

Suri1908

Oct 21, 2018
Hello friends, is medicals compulsory for BOWP? it was suppose to expire on june but it was extended to full one year automatically with PR application while under process I found it by the call center agent twice they said I don't need any medicals until I finish my process but now iam applying BOWP but its asking medicals I have expired medicals can I upload it or do I need to get another medicals and its hard to get one as im running out of time? or do I write a LOE..

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi,
I am new to this thread and need help in clarifying below questions.

I have an AOR and CEC inland, PR application in process. Currently, I am on implied status for Visitor visa. (unemployed) and in Canada. I have new job offer which starts next month.

1)After starting the job , and I have valid work permit status can I apply for BOWP? (When work permit validity is less than 4 months?)
2)How long might it take to get approval of BOWP?
3)* After getting BOWP , can I work for any OTHER employer. (I will be on a Closed Work Permit tied to specific employer).
4) Is BOWP valid until I get a PR approval?

Thanks in advance!