+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

drewinoakville

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
If you are currently in the country on a 3 yr temp work permit, and you apply for EE and Bridging work permit PRIOR to expiration of your other permit, what happens? 1)That is, are you allowed to work or not? 2)Can you still stay in country? 3)What about use OHIP (currently on it)?

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
If you are currently in the country on a 3 yr temp work permit, and you apply for EE and Bridging work permit PRIOR to expiration of your other permit, what happens? 1)That is, are you allowed to work or not? 2)Can you still stay in country? 3)What about use OHIP (currently on it)?
If you have applied to EE and BOWP and your current permit expires you fall into implied status. You are allowed to stay in Canada but if you leave you won't be able to enter again. You can continue to work at your current work as long as you show them proof that you have applied for the extension. As for the OHIP they won't let you renew it until you have the actual work permit

Reactions: drewinoakville

jp2017

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I am applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit online and I am having issues with uploading the new IMM5710 form (issued June 2017). This is the Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker online?

I am trying to upload this new form and the website says form is not accepted. Error Message: Please ensure you use the latest form, which I did.

Any thoughts? Appreciate your help.

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
BOWP approved

Timeline
Applied - 19 may
Approved - 25 July
Received by mail - 1 Aug .

Good luck for all

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
can anyone know on bridge work permit it saying in Remarks/Observation: APR Pending what is it means?
My BOWP is saying different .
Remarks / observation : temporary status is matined as per 183 b

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Congrats!!! May I know what's the status of your PR application?
Actually I have screen shot of my online portal of 28 July ...I applied through lawyer . I don't know about my current status .
28 July
Medical passed
My application is in progress
Back around checking is not started .

jp2017

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
If you have applied to EE and BOWP and your current permit expires you fall into implied status. You are allowed to stay in Canada but if you leave you won't be able to enter again. You can continue to work at your current work as long as you show them proof that you have applied for the extension. As for the OHIP they won't let you renew it until you have the actual work permit
Hi, when you apply for BOWP, what proof will you need to show your employer? Is it the proof of payment? It is what I have received after filing my online application for BOWP.

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Hi, when you apply for BOWP, what proof will you need to show your employer? Is it the proof of payment? It is what I have received after filing my online application for BOWP.
I sent them the confirmation letter from CIC. The one that says that they have received my BOWP application and the date I applied.

Reactions: jp2017

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
I applied for my BOWP application on 6th of August and still, I did not receive AOR.
I got the message of payment confirmation but no AOR yet.

Please advise.