CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
BOWP approved!!! :)

Timeline
CEC
Applied - May 18th
Approved - got the message on Saturday August 19th at 10pm Toronto time.
Not yet received by mail

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Help please.

Here is the situation. I revived ITA and my work permit is still valid for more than 11 months. My boss is saying they are not having any more job for me and I need to go back to India. Can I apply open work permit in case of job loss?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
BOWP approved - finally!

Timeline:
BOWP AOR - March 31st, 2017
BOWP approved - August 23rd, 2017

Reactions: jp2017

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Congratulations. Why did yours take so long? Did it have anything to do with police clearance certificates?
That's a good question. I have no idea. But fortunately, it was finally approved.

Lydia88

Aug 21, 2017
Hi all,

For the question in short, scroll all the way at the bottom.

Me and my Common Law Partner have submitted our PR Application in June and received an AOR a month ago, we just had a request to replace our Travel History Documents so we did. Our current LMIA will expire on November 30th so that is less than 4 months from now so we're looking into applying for a BOWP.

However we seem to be unable to do so, our PR Application Status is: "We are processing your Application". So we opened a new Application Online on the CIC Website:
Under Type of Application we selected:
  • Visitor Visa/Study and/or Work Permit
We selected
  • I do not have a Personal Reference Code
We then filled in the following questionnaire:
  1. What would you like to do in Canada? Work
  2. How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Permanently
  3. What is your current country/territory of residence? Canada
  4. Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? No
The next question is:
  1. What is your main reason to want to come to Canada? Find a Permanent Job in Canada
Then it shows the results:
  • Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicate(s) whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.
As soon as we click "Next" we get a page with the following error:

System-Generated Error Code

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons:

1. We are currently updating this Web site.
  2. We are experiencing technical difficulties
That's were the applications stops, we can resume the Application from this point but it will always give the same error. It has been doing this for the last couple of days.
My common law partner tried to do the same thing but he can continue without error with the next set of question so we assume this is related to the PR Application on my account (Main Applicant).

So the big question is; how could we currently apply for a BOWP now that we've received an AOR and are waiting on the results of our PR Application Online bypassing the current Error in the website?

Thank you,

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Reply please guys...
You can apply your BOWP once you have submitted your PR application,but you should wait 4 months before your work permit expires,then apply for BOWP,no need to go India wait here until your PR application would be finalized.He cannot do any thing.Once your BOWP is approved then you could work any other company.
Good Luck

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Hi all,

Me and my Common Law Partner have submitted our PR Application in June and received an AOR a month ago, we just had a request to replace our Travel History Documents so we did. Our current LMIA will expire on November 30th so that is less than 4 months from now so we're looking into applying for a BOWP.

However we seem to be unable to do so, our PR Application Status is: "We are processing your Application". So we opened a new Application Online on the CIC Website:
We selected
  4. Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? No
The next question is:
  1. What is your main reason to want to come to Canada? Find a Permanent Job in Canada
  • Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicate(s) whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.

That's were the applications stops, we can resume the Application from this point but it will always give the same error. It has been doing this for the last couple of days.
My common law partner tried to do the same thing but he can continue without error with the next set of question so we assume this is related to the PR Application on my account (Main Applicant).

So the big question is; how could we currently apply for a BOWP now that we've received an AOR and are waiting on the results of our PR Application Online bypassing the current Error in the website?

Thank you,
Did you try answering "temporary" to question 2? Work permits are not supposed to be permanent, are they??

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
That's a good question. I have no idea. But fortunately, it was finally approved.
Yes, it's the approval that matters in the end, right?!
I guess my question was: what was your PCC timeline? Did you submit all of them before making application or was any (such as FBI, if applicable) pending at eAPR and submitted later?

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
I guess my question was: what was your PCC timeline? Did you submit all of them before making application or was any (such as FBI, if applicable) pending at eAPR and submitted later?
In my case if you want to know they requested my husband's (dependent) RCMP, we didn't sent them upfront, we sent it about a week after the request and it still took 90 days for the approval of the BOWP, my timeline is in a previous post.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
I got the ATIPs from my PR application and there it seemed that they were reviewing my foreign work experience. The PCC was quite fast, actually.

Ellianna

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi all,

We selected
The next question is:

Thank you,
For question #2 the answer should be temporary.

drewinoakville

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Help please.

Here is the situation. I revived ITA and my work permit is still valid for more than 11 months. My boss is saying they are not having any more job for me and I need to go back to India. Can I apply open work permit in case of job loss?
Per my understanding, you can only apply for a closed (employer specified) permit WHEN you receive another job offer. BOWP has to be 4 months left or less.

However, if your original WP is closed, you can still look for jobs. If you were on OHIP, you can still receive. You can stay until permit expires. You can even technically apply for EI (though not sure of ramifications due to India being home country).

How do I know this? Same situation but from US. Talked with my immigration attorney about and got concurrence. If you give your info to immigration PRIOR to last day at old job, you may be fine. If not, then you have to submit changes with ITA submission. If not having a job lowers your points total lower than the cutoff on the draw you got your ITA, then you be in trouble.

Honestly, it is complicated for you. I would just fork over 200 to see an immigration attorney and lay it all out for them to see and help you.

jason950128

Jul 20, 2017
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Me and my common law partner are waiting for our EE application to be approved and we also applied our BOWP on Jul 23rd, 2017.
My partner is from Turkey and his Canada visa will be expired on September 3rd, 2017. The questions are
1.How can we extend his Canada Visa? Under what category and what form he can use?
2.If we still have not received our BOWP, can we go to US and come back?