agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
After a long 120 days, I finally have my BOWP. Time line as follows....

PR AOR - May 16
BOWP AOR - May 18
BOWP went on hold (status blank) - July 25
PR background check in progress & medicals passed - July 28
RCMP request (spouse only) - August 16
Uploaded results of police clearance - August 29
BOWP approved - September 8
Arrived in the mail - September 15
Congratulations!!! :):) next stop: PPR!! ;)

Jul 17, 2017
Thank you!

We actually already got PPR last week on Sept. 14 and sent off the requested documents first thing Sept. 15 so hopefully not long before it's all over!

BunBun215

Mar 11, 2014
Hey guys,

So i submitted my BOWP application online on May 30, 2017 and till now still haven't received it. Is this normal? I sent CIC a web inquiry on August 30 and received a reply from them that my application is in order and still being reviewed. That was 3 weeks ago. Should i follow up with them again?

Jul 17, 2017
Hey guys,

So i submitted my BOWP application online on May 30, 2017 and till now still haven't received it. Is this normal? I sent CIC a web inquiry on August 30 and received a reply from them that my application is in order and still being reviewed. That was 3 weeks ago. Should i follow up with them again?
If it helps, I applied May 17 (AOR May 18) and only received it last Friday (120 days in total). I'd say you must be close!

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
I think you should deffo send them an e-mail. I am June 23 AOR, CEC inland. Applied for BOWP on 28th June and my work permit is approved on 19th Sept. You must already have it by now given your timeline, or I was lucky enough they did approve my BOWP application on the same day they opened the file.

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
If it helps, I applied May 17 (AOR May 18) and only received it last Friday (120 days in total). I'd say you must be close!
Hi Hayley,

Do you think approval of BOWP will speed up my PR process, or how far I am away from it? I am June 23 Aor, med passed on 16th august, BOWP approved on 19th Sept, and I am NA since 3rd Sept. By the way, I was asked to submit travel history on 31 August, and submitted them on 3rd Sept, and BG became N/A on this date. In other words, what is "take-home message" from the approval of BOWP, inter-relation (interdependency) between PR and BOWP pls?

Jul 17, 2017
Hi Hayley,

Do you think approval of BOWP will speed up my PR process, or how far I am away from it? I am June 23 Aor, med passed on 16th august, BOWP approved on 19th Sept, and I am NA since 3rd Sept. By the way, I was asked to submit travel history on 31 August, and submitted them on 3rd Sept, and BG became N/A on this date. In other words, what is "take-home message" from the approval of BOWP, inter-relation (interdependency) between PR and BOWP pls?
It's tough to say as everyone seems to have very different timelines. I feel like our BOWP took much much longer than other applicants... but as soon it was approved our PR progressed extremely fast! My AOR is about 5-6 weeks earlier than yours... but your BOWP came much quicker so it's anyones guess! From all the threads I've seen, I think I'm pretty lucky to have had PR wrapped up in 4 months as most others are almost exactly 6 months. It's only been 3 months for you so hang in there but I think having your BOWP approved is a good sign :)

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Do you think approval of BOWP will speed up my PR process, or how far I am away from it? I am June 23 Aor, med passed on 16th august, BOWP approved on 19th Sept, and I am NA since 3rd Sept. By the way, I was asked to submit travel history on 31 August, and submitted them on 3rd Sept, and BG beca
It's tough to say as everyone seems to have very different timelines. I feel like our BOWP took much much longer than other applicants... but as soon it was approved our PR progressed extremely fast! My AOR is about 5-6 weeks earlier than yours... but your BOWP came much quicker so it's anyones guess! From all the threads I've seen, I think I'm pretty lucky to have had PR wrapped up in 4 months as most others are almost exactly 6 months. It's only been 3 months for you so hang in there but I think having your BOWP approved is a good sign :)
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think its also random process, and depending on who is checking the application and processing the case - so some of us are getting earlier and some of us are getting approvals later etc. From may onward, BOWP applications slowed down, so june applications and may applications are sort of converged with respect to decision to approve them. Lol, anyways, I hope your officer is processing my application. It is indeed frustrating process cos I cannot make any future plans:))) Thank you v much again for your response and positive vibe regarding my application. Congrats on your PR btw:)))

Last edited:
Reactions: HayleyInCanada

allenwu08023

Jul 27, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a question here regarding BOWP. Hope someone could help me out. Thank you for the help in advance!

I have received ITA and submitted EE application. I am holding a work permit, and my wife currently is under study permit. Both our visa will expire at the end of this December.

I am wondering when I apply for BOWP can I also help my wife apply for a open work permit? or does she can only apply for a study permit extension?

please advise.

erlkonig

Jun 1, 2017
Jun 28 ITA
Jun 29 AOR
Jun 29 BOWP Applied
Jun 30 Old WP expiry date
Aug 24 Medical Passed
Aug 24 ADR (Hong Kong PCC)
Aug 24 HK PCC Sent
Aug 29 HK PCC Arrived in HK
Sept 14 HK PCC Done - Sent from HK
Sept 25 BOWP approved (No intermediate "on hold" status)

So R10 completeness check is finished before they got my HK PCC?

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Applied online July 11 and still waiting.