+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Guys, I have a question.

it might be silly but I am not working currently and my PGWP is expiring this month. Can I still bridge my work permit (BOWP) without any job? and if not, what other option do you suggest to keep my status valid?

Thanks
Yes, you can apply as long as you have work permit and is still valid

Reactions: Hanan22

CBTSHARE

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
I submitted my PR application and current work permit is up on the 6th of June , so I applied for my second BWP, but I made a mistake and uploaded the initial acceptance letter for the PR invite , instead of the AOR I got after I submitted the PR application . My question is does this matter? and if it does, how can I send the correct letter to CIC?

If I am denied my BWP after my current work permit expires in June, how much longer do I have to remain in the country while my my PR application is still being processed?

Thank you

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Guys, I have a question.

it might be silly but I am not working currently and my PGWP is expiring this month. Can I still bridge my work permit (BOWP) without any job? and if not, what other option do you suggest to keep my status valid?

Thanks
I think you can apply BOWP without Job.

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Thank you so much but I have been told by a University immigration advisor that I need a job!
You can apply with a work permit still valid, you don't need a job, you will apply under open work permit through BOWP (bridging open work permit). Your University advisor should get a little bit informed LOL

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Can we get BOWP at border ? If yes what is the success rate ?

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
I submitted my PR application and current work permit is up on the 6th of June , so I applied for my second BWP, but I made a mistake and uploaded the initial acceptance letter for the PR invite , instead of the AOR I got after I submitted the PR application . My question is does this matter? and if it does, how can I send the correct letter to CIC?

If I am denied my BWP after my current work permit expires in June, how much longer do I have to remain in the country while my my PR application is still being processed?

Thank you
You can raise a CSE in IRCC web form and submit the AOR you received and they will attach the AOR to you BOWP file

azaadpanchee

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
BOWP Approved on May 9th, 2017
AOR (BOWP) March 24th

romanic

Dec 31, 2013
Hi all,
Any PnP- Inland here is waiting for BOWP? My WP will be expired by May End. Understand that I will be entitled for Implied Status. However, my employer only give me another 3 months to get BOWP, else they will terminate the contract which means that my PnP wound not be valid also. Please advise. AOR 29_mar

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Hi all,
Any PnP- Inland here is waiting for BOWP? My WP will be expired by May End. Understand that I will be entitled for Implied Status. However, my employer only give me another 3 months to get BOWP, else they will terminate the contract which means that my PnP wound not be valid also. Please advise. AOR 29_mar
I think 3 months will be enough for you to get your BOWP if you have already submitted your application. You can send an email to the IRCC asking for the progress after 46 days from the day you submitted BOWP.

Layla1234

Jan 23, 2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Hello people,
I just checked my CIC account and it says my BOWP is approved. I haven't received an official email yet but I'm so relieved! I was on implied status since April 18.

AOR: Mar 22, 2017
BOWP submission: Mar 24, 2017
BOWP on Hold: May 7, 2017
BOWP approved: May 11, 2017

Hope this helps others.

Reactions: jp2017

ishp

Sep 27, 2016
hello friends
i applied bowp on 13 feb 2107 and still waiting for it
pr file submitted after pnp 9 dec
pr file number recieved 9 feb
bowp apllied 13 feb
got mail to upload pnp on cic account on 25 march
on 12 april file status put on hold
i send the update to pnp that my employer is change got higher position and more wage but same noc in which i got pnp they dont reply me yet

i call to cic twice 1st time they told me we will send request to process your file that cross the processing time i will care of your file.
2nd time i call them the told me that still checking u r eligible for the pr or not

please help me any one has idea about it.

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
hello friends
bowp apllied 13 feb
i send the update to pnp that my employer is change got higher position and more wage but same noc in which i got pnp they dont reply me yet

i call to cic twice 1st time they told me we will send request to process your file that cross the processing time i will care of your file.
2nd time i call them the told me that still checking u r eligible for the pr or not

It seems your R10 is not completed yet. My friend submitted on same month and initially they put in hold for him . He got his BOWP last week. I will say you will surely going to get yours by this month end.

Sunnychu

May 11, 2017
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Waiting FT first visa office, Sydney, NS
Nomination.....
11-08-16
AOR Received.
08-02-17
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
hello friends
bowp apllied 13 feb

Hi ishp
I have similar situation with you, Got my AOR on Feb 8th, and applied BOWP on March 28th, BOWP was put on hold yesterday. they said My R10 is "complete" but "not passed yet", has to wait until then.

1 are you PNP EE or pnp paper based?

2 what is PR application status?
mine is under process , no update since AOR.

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of additional documents Not applicable.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has MADE

THANKS