+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

keleisy

May 24, 2017
I have submitted my PR application and applying for bridging open work permit right now. In AOR, it said that I must upload my AOR to CIC website to apply for BOWP.

Does anyone know which category should I upload it into

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
I have submitted my PR application and applying for bridging open work permit right now. In AOR, it said that I must upload my AOR to CIC website to apply for BOWP.

Yeah your AOR mandatory to upload in LOE section,but before that you need to fill IMM 5710 form,answer all the eligibility questionnaire to be eligible for BOWP and you will see uploading section.
Good luck

Reactions: keleisy

SAMCANADA_ON

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Hi Experts,

I have uploaded the AOR with passport copy under the passport section and nothing in LOE section. Is this a big problem? do we must upload AOR in the LOE section? Please share....

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Should I be adding a Letter of Explanation? I was under the impression that it was only needed if there were some discrepancies in your application that needed to be addressed or explained, but reading some posts here it seems people use it to pretty much grovel and beg the visa officer??

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017

Upload your AOR under Letter of Explanation.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Should I be adding a Letter of Explanation? I was under the impression that it was only needed if there were some discrepancies in your application that needed to be addressed or explained, but reading some posts here it seems people use it to pretty much grovel and beg the visa officer??
If you have submitted already your BOWP application and you have missed that LOE to upload ,that is not a problem,just to clarify to VO you need LOE,Even i didnt submit mine but also it was approved,
Rabin

jescaba86

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just remembered that my PGWP expires starting July... I'll apply for a BOWP as soon as possible. What would happen if my current permit expires while waiting a response for either my BOWP or PR?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Don't worry once your current work permit expires also you would be in implied status for 3 months and you could work legally until your PR application would be finalized.Before that your bowp would be approved,
Good luck

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Received an email last night from CIC saying there was no updates on my account since my last login... this is so frustrating. It's been more than the 48 days they mention on their website... :(

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
Hi All, I am in bit confusing position now. I have applied PR on 16th Jan however due to missing document my file got rejected. Right now I am on student visa and it is expiring in second week of July. I am unable to pay fees for my second sem i.e starting from May. College told me I cannot any letter to extend my visa as i have not paid fees which is $5000. I am hoping i will put my file in next draw as soon as i will get ITA.I have OINP and my score is 1044. My question is : Can i apply for bridging work permit? even if i am on student visa which will expire in 2 months. Can I work 20 hours? Or can I apply for work permit on OINP base? Please advice me guys. Thanks.
You will have to wait for ITA. And then apply for BOWP. Under what stream you applied for PR being on a study permit?

keleisy

May 24, 2017
Don't worry once your current work permit expires also you would be in implied status for 3 months and you could work legally until your PR application would be finalized.Before that your bowp would be approved,
Good luck
I heard that from my agency too. But I cant find any document on cic website to support that or show to HR of my company. Do you know where I can the document that support that?
Thank you so much