+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

superpositive

Oct 4, 2016
Hi Guys,
I didn't know how to apply for my BOWP, so I sent paper application instead of online application. It has been almost 2 months and no answer, but I know the processing time is about 4 months. Did any of you guys send paper application? It was approved? Could anyone share experience about BOWP paper application? I am so desperate now...I would appreciate to know what are your guys thoughts on that. Thanks

Hopealways

Aug 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,
I need help to find the path to apply for the BOWP. Could you help me?

When I follow the online tool that comes is: Are you a spouse or a common-law partner of a person who Applied for Permanent resident ...
It does not ask about me (Principal applicant) only if I am a spouse of someone who has received the PR invitation. I am really confused.
Does anyone had an idea how to solve this?

Thank you!

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopealways said:
Hi everybody,
I need help to find the path to apply for the BOWP. Could you help me?

When I follow the online tool that comes is: Are you a spouse or a common-law partner of a person who Applied for Permanent resident ...
It does not ask about me (Principal applicant) only if I am a spouse of someone who has received the PR invitation. I am really confused.
Does anyone had an idea how to solve this?

Thank you!
There are 3 boxes. Upper part- principal applicant applying for open work permit

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my bowp approved today. Since no ppr yet i hope i will get my ppr email this week since i already reach my 6 months mark last oct 22

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi, finally I find this thread. Read through the conversation got some confidence in understanding implied status while BOWP processing, it lets us gain some time. Thanks! I am looking forwards to explanation further for my case from anyone who has any ideas, It will be very appreciated!

If principle CEC applicant work permit expired, he or she has applied for BOWP before WP expired. He could stay and continue working. My question is that how about his or her spouse, whose work permit also expired at the same time, can spouse continue staying in the same condition ?

Thanks

KimJowan

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Aln_mj said:
Got my bowp approved today. Since no ppr yet i hope i will get my ppr email this week since i already reach my 6 months mark last oct 22
How many months you wait for your BOWP approval?

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KimJowan said:
How many months you wait for your BOWP approval?

i applied my bowp september 21 and i got approved october 25. 34 days or 1 month and 4 days

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
When did u apply for bowp?... i m desperate right now...cause sometimes the processing time on cic website is not perfet so....

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
I applied on october 15th for bowp..but as u say u got your bowp on 25th oct and u applied on 21st september but i dont understand how did u get it cause on cic it says they r processing right now is sept 12....congratulations to u for your bowp....if u r in canada can u inbox me on 3069305868

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
Aln_mj said:
i applied my bowp september 21 and i got approved october 25. 34 days or 1 month and 4 days
Congrate to u...i applied on oct 15 and now i m waiting as cic is not updating which days aplication they r processing....gives me a hard time..if possible can u text me on 3069305868

Hopealways

Aug 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aln_mj said:
There are 3 boxes. Upper part- principal applicant applying for open work permit
Thank you for the answer. The thing is... The first box (principal applicant) it asks if you've applied for certain classes of PR as following:

" I applied for Permanent Residence and was found eligible (first stage of approval) under one of the following classes:
- Spouse or common law partner in Canada;
- Humanitarian and Compassionate cases;
- Protected person in Canada;
- Live-in Caregiver in Canada..."

So, any of this categories are the one I've applied for. That's why I am so confused.

If someone could help, please!!!

arunaspires

Aug 26, 2016
Hi,

Currently am studying one year course at Cambrian College and planning to take PGWP after this. I know PGWP is for 1 year as my course is for one year. So kindly clarify me on the following.

1) Is it possible to get extension in work permit if my PGWP is going to expire?, If i can, what are the ways?

2) What is the duration of BOWP if i apply and get it? Also let me know the detailed step by step process of applying BOWP as am un aware of it. Also it would be helpful for many others who are unaware.

3) Also guide me is it necessary to take one more course of 8 months so that i will be getting 3 years of PGWP.

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patelpatel506 said:
I applied on october 15th for bowp..but as u say u got your bowp on 25th oct and u applied on 21st september but i dont understand how did u get it cause on cic it says they r processing right now is sept 12....congratulations to u for your bowp....if u r in canada can u inbox me on 3069305868
Hi patel. It depends on your aor and should be 4 mos before the expiry of your bowp. Like the seniors in this forum said if your eligibilty passed, it means your bowp application would be approve.

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopealways said:
Thank you for the answer. The thing is... The first box (principal applicant) it asks if you've applied for certain classes of PR as following:

" I applied for Permanent Residence and was found eligible (first stage of approval) under one of the following classes:
- Spouse or common law partner in Canada;
- Humanitarian and Compassionate cases;
- Protected person in Canada;
- Live-in Caregiver in Canada..."

So, any of this categories are the one I've applied for. That's why I am so confused.

If someone could help, please!!!

Did you apply for express entryon you PR apps?