NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
real08 said:
I applied for BOWP on September 29, and I'm still waiting For it.
According to cic processing time is 34 days, it's my 35th day today :(
Are you in a Express Entry? If yes,.. did you use the 1st aor or 2nd aor if any to apply for BOWP?

SriniB

Jun 19, 2014
Hi Experts,

I recently received OINP nomination 7 Sep 2016 and waiting for ITA in next draw. My scenario is my PGWP got expired on 6 Aug 2016 so I applied Study permit for myself and dependent WP for my spouse on 14 July 2016, both of our permits approved on 18 Aug 2016. Im confused since my study permit is already approvd is there still chances for me to apply BOWP after in get AOR from CIC after submitting docs ( assuming approx. after 45 days).

Request your help in this.

real08

Aug 8, 2016
rottenapple said:
Are you in a Express Entry? If yes,.. did you use the 1st aor or 2nd aor if any to apply for BOWP?

Yup. Not sure if there's such thing as 2nd AOR.
I just used the AOR I received the day I submitted my Application for PR.

Katik

Jun 23, 2016
Hi,

Does anybody know how long is BOWP valid for? And can we get visitor visa based on our approved BOWP?

Many thanks for your replies in advance.

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
Katik said:
Hi,

Does anybody know how long is BOWP valid for? And can we get visitor visa based on our approved BOWP?

Many thanks for your replies in advance.
for an year......did u already applied or not?

Katik

Jun 23, 2016
Patelpatel506 said:
for an year......did u already applied or not?
Yes! We just received confirmation from CIC that it was approved and will be sent to us by mail. Thank you for your reply!

So we can now apply for a visitor visa to be able to travel, am I right? Also, my passport expires in April 2017, is there a chance they will issue a visa for one year or just until the passport is valid?

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
Katik said:
Yes! We just received confirmation from CIC that it was approved and will be sent to us by mail. Thank you for your reply!

So we can now apply for a visitor visa to be able to travel, am I right? Also, my passport expires in April 2017, is there a chance they will issue a visa for one year or just until the passport is valid?
When did u apply for bowp if u dont mind to give me an answet

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
SriniB said:
Hi Experts,

I recently received OINP nomination 7 Sep 2016 and waiting for ITA in next draw. My scenario is my PGWP got expired on 6 Aug 2016 so I applied Study permit for myself and dependent WP for my spouse on 14 July 2016, both of our permits approved on 18 Aug 2016. Im confused since my study permit is already approvd is there still chances for me to apply BOWP after in get AOR from CIC after submitting docs ( assuming approx. after 45 days).

Request your help in this.
With the study visa you are not eligible for BOWP. You need to have a vaild work visa to apply

FBack54

May 25, 2015
I had a bit of a weird discussion with a call center agent and am hoping someone has guidance.

To give you some context, I submitted a paper BOWP application before I had an ITA because my work permit was expiring. I eventually did end up getting an ITA and sent in a followup package to CPC-Vegreville with my AOR assuming it was a longshot that my BOWP application wouldn't be rejected or refused. I got a call from a CIC agent on Oct 18th saying that everything was in order, except she needed a copy of my OINP certificate to approve my application. I sent that in but didn't hear anything back.

Here is where the weirdness starts. I gave the call center a call a couple of days ago and they basically told me that the only reason I hadn't gotten my BOWP is because I hadn't passed R10 completeness check. They also called me out for submitting my BOWP application before AOR which I thought was a sure fire rejection. Anyways, the lady put me on hold for a bit and then came back to tell me that I had in fact gotten my R10 completeness check and that se was going to request that my BOWP application be approved. She then said it would take up to 3 months for that to happen.

Does the call center agent have that kind of authority to request that something be approved? I am cautiously positive about the developments, but it all seems a bit strange to me. The one thing it does show is that nothing is done until you get an approval or a rejection...the saga continues.