+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bridge open work permit

brokenheart

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I applied for BOWP with my wife too on April 15th, they asked for biometrics, but now they said applicants in Canada are exempted for biometrics... But there's no update in our applications.
Anyone in the same situation?

We applied for BOWP because our work permit expired on May 18th.
We have AOR Feb 28th CEC Inland also waiting for biometrics appointment.
I also applied my BOWP on 20 April since then no updates from CIC. Do you know who recently got BOWP?

Moien

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi all,

I am waiting for result of my PR application, in which I am the my applicant and my wife is dependent. Can I apply for bridging open work permit just for my wife?
P.S My work permit would valid long enough before getting PR result- It is only my wife that needs BOWP

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Hi all,

I am waiting for result of my PR application, in which I am the my applicant and my wife is dependent. Can I apply for bridging open work permit just for my wife?
P.S My work permit would valid long enough before getting PR result- It is only my wife that needs BOWP
wife doesnt qualify for BOWP, but she can apply for SOWP based on your current WP

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

Similar question.

The principal applicant applies for BOWP and the spouse is a student. What type of permit will the spouse get? Open work permit or study permit
extension?
Thank you :):):):)

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
If that spouse is included in the pr application then it's a bowp.
Hi,

Similar question.

The principal applicant applies for BOWP and the spouse is a student. What type of permit will the spouse get? Open work permit or study permit
extension?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi,

Similar question.

extension?
From my experience, if your dependent is studying in Canada so the application will be a student permit if your dependent is not studying so you can apply for OWP- I did that with my son, he is a student so to be able to continue studying he had to extend his study permit.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
If that spouse is included in the pr application then it's a bowp.
Depends on her/his current situation, an extension should be for a study permit if the dependent is still a student. I applied for BOWP for myself and a Study permit extension for my son.