+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bridge open work permit

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
My PR got approved on June 02 itself and CoPR generated. IRCC didn't issue CoPR because my dependents are in overseas right now. IRCC will issue CoPR once border restrictions lifted. AOR: Dec 05, 2019. I have given my biometrics on Dec 23, 2019 for my PR.
Oh ok thank you for the info i was thinking your AoR is in 2020..Now i got it why BOWP approval was soo fast.

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Just need suggestion: Received BOWP. I could see like "This does not authorize to re-entry" in my bridge open work permit. Is that means i can't enter into Canada once i move out?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
My PR got approved on June 02 itself and CoPR generated. IRCC didn't issue CoPR because my dependents are in overseas right now. IRCC will issue CoPR once border restrictions lifted. AOR: Dec 05, 2019. I have given my biometrics on Dec 23, 2019 for my PR.
Hey Sara666 one more question if you dont mind just came across few posts about BOWP getting refused..do you remember when you filled out application for 3rd question what did u choose?
Applying for work permit with same employer,
Or Restore my status as worker OR apply for work permit for first time or new employer?
I just want to cross check with your application as you got approved BOWP...

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hey Sara666 one more question if you dont mind just came across few posts about BOWP getting refused..do you remember when you filled out application for 3rd question what did u choose?
Applying for work permit with same employer,
Or Restore my status as worker OR apply for work permit for first time or new employer?
I just want to cross check with your application as you got approved BOWP...
I selected "Applying for work permit with same employer" for 3rd question. Please don't forget to choose "Open Work Permit" for question "What type of work permit are you applying for?" under "DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA" section.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I selected "Applying for work permit with same employer" for 3rd question. Please don't forget to choose "Open Work Permit" for question "What type of work permit are you applying for?" under "DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA" section.
Oh i really appreciate your help i did the same but one of the guy got rejection saying you dont fulfill for LMIA requirements and he selected the same option applying for work permit with same employer...anyways also i filled in the blanks for question 2 to 7 (in details about intended work in canada) which says dont fill when applied for open work permit but it didnt allow me to submit as those are mandotory fileds even i lf i selected open work permit..so i explained in LOE whats my case i didnt got any update raised webform have to see what happens..thank you agaain for taking time to provide the information...

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Oh i really appreciate your help i did the same but one of the guy got rejection saying you dont fulfill for LMIA requirements and he selected the same option applying for work permit with same employer...anyways also i filled in the blanks for question 2 to 7 (in details about intended work in canada) which says dont fill when applied for open work permit but it didnt allow me to submit as those are mandotory fileds even i lf i selected open work permit..so i explained in LOE whats my case i didnt got any update raised webform have to see what happens..thank you agaain for taking time to provide the information...
You're Welcome.. Btw, before applying BOWP, i was in closed work permit (ICT). For question 2 to 7, me too filled only mandatory fields even though i chose Open Work Permit. When did u applied for BOWP?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
You're Welcome.. Btw, before applying BOWP, i was in closed work permit (ICT). For question 2 to 7, me too filled only mandatory fields even though i chose Open Work Permit. When did u applied for BOWP?
Oh im on Post Graduation Open Work Permit(PGOWP) and i applied on may 22nd BOWP and by today it finished 52days..if you came across on CIC website anytime in the past they usually update every week based on avg processing time how many days its taking for processing paper and online workpermits...and last time update today says 52days on avg and today is my 52nd day besieds BIL no update yet still says we are reviewing your eligibilty no change in that section since i applied...will try calling CIC tomorrow to know more hopefully

DICAROD

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
February 28th 2020
Med's Done....
March 6th
I applied for BOWP with my wife too on April 15th, they asked for biometrics, but now they said applicants in Canada are exempted for biometrics... But there's no update in our applications.
Anyone in the same situation?

We applied for BOWP because our work permit expired on May 18th.
We have AOR Feb 28th CEC Inland also waiting for biometrics appointment.

DICAROD

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
February 28th 2020
Med's Done....
March 6th
Yeap, 2 submitted applications: PR and BOWP(applied mid June). No changes.
If IRCC already said that applicants for work or study permit in Canada dont have to give biometrics, why they are taking so long to process the BOWP applications?
Im waiting since April and no updates.