+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bridge open work permit

Feb 5, 2020
I am in work permit in Canada and my wife is with me on Spouse open work permit.
I applied for PR through express entry under Canadian experience.
When i applied i included my wife in my application, but as our points are low, and our workpermit expires in April 2020, i have to exclude my wife in the application.
My application got picked and I received an invitation now.
So now ,
can i apply for open bridge work permit for me and include my wife as well ?
someone told me to go to border and get a bridge open work permit and then apply work permit for my wife online, can i do that ?
Or should i apply Visitor visa for my wife?
is there any way i can apply work permit for my wife? our visa expires in April 2020

Reactions: Khan001

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
If you just received an invitation but it is only you in the application she will not be able to get a bridging permit (since she is supposedly not accompanying you to Canada), why would they?

However, once you have submitted your full application, you could add her to it without having your points recalculated. Then, since she will also be waiting for a decision on her PR application she should be able to get this work permit. Does that make sense?

Feb 5, 2020
If you just received an invitation but it is only you in the application she will not be able to get a bridging permit (since she is supposedly not accompanying you to Canada), why would they?

However, once you have submitted your full application, you could add her to it without having your points recalculated. Then, since she will also be waiting for a decision on her PR application she should be able to get this work permit. Does that make sense?
hi,
thanks for the reply..
can i added my wife to my application after submitting the full application ? is that possible , if so how can i do that
thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
hi,
thanks for the reply..
can i added my wife to my application after submitting the full application ? is that possible , if so how can i do that
thanks
Yes you can, that is what I did.

However, I got married after I had submitted my application. In your case, it is different because you were already married beforehand.
But still, according to the message I got from IRCC you can add her even if she is listed as non-accompanying in the original application:

See the email from IRCC:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Paulo, agent 4336
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps!

Feb 5, 2020
Yes you can, that is what I did.

However, I got married after I had submitted my application. In your case, it is different because you were already married beforehand.
But still, according to the message I got from IRCC you can add her even if she is listed as non-accompanying in the original application:

See the email from IRCC:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Paulo, agent 4336
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

I hope this helps!
thank you so much for your help...

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am preparing to apply for Bridge Open Work Permit, however, due to the current circumstances, I am at the risk of being let go any moment. I needed to know if I can apply for BOWP even if I am unemployed

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I am preparing to apply for Bridge Open Work Permit, however, due to the current circumstances, I am at the risk of being let go any moment. I needed to know if I can apply for BOWP even if I am unemployed
You don't need to be employed, that's not a requirement.

Khan001

Apr 13, 2020
I am also in the same situation. I have applied for PR in Feb 2020 without including my spouse because of points. Now my closed work permit is going to expire in June. Can I apply for BOWP without having a new job and include my spouse in the same application?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am also in the same situation. I have applied for PR in Feb 2020 without including my spouse because of points. Now my closed work permit is going to expire in June. Can I apply for BOWP without having a new job and include my spouse in the same application?
Yes, you can apply for a BOWP, you just need the email acknowledgement of receipt you should have received after submitting the eAPR.

Only the Principal Applicant is eligible for a BOWP. Your spouse may be eligible for an open work permit based on your BOWP.

Reactions: Khan001

Khan001

Apr 13, 2020
Yes, you can apply for a BOWP, you just need the email acknowledgement of receipt you should have received after submitting the eAPR.

Only the Principal Applicant is eligible for a BOWP. Your spouse may be eligible for an open work permit based on your BOWP.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: NancyT6

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am in the process of applying for PR online, however, they are asking for an Upfront medical examination for me and my son, which is impossible during these days because of COVID-19. I have been advised that I should submit a letter of explanation explaining the reason for that. I will do that. but my question is, will I get the AOR to be able to apply for BOWP even if my PR application is incomplete?

The same thing will happen with the WP application when they ask for Medical examination. Time is tight as my current OWP expires in two months.

d13

Jun 9, 2020
If we have no job then we apply for bringing open work permit??? My PR file is in under process.

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
I have the same situation.
My PGWP expiring next month but I ha ENT received ITA.
What if I get invited after the expiry of my PGWP. ?
Can I apply for BOwp both to me and my wife. ?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
If we have no job then we apply for bringing open work permit??? My PR file is in under process.
You can apply for BOWP without being employed. It is not a condition. You have to apply before the expiration of your current work permit though, to be currently in canada and you have recieved your AOR letter ( You have to upload it in additional documents slot) .