+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
I enquired with Ircc by calling them. They said that filling 1 or 2 doesnt make any difference as you would get an open work permit. Same form is used for other purposes s well apart from bowp, this question plays key role for those purposes. Hence for bowp, its immaterial whether you mark 1 or 2
Awesome! Thanks!

Preddie

May 27, 2016
Got my BOWP approved. Applied Date 21 Aug. I gave my biometrics yesterday and I got it approved today.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone..My current work permit is expiring March 2021..I submitted my BOWP application yesterday and received a confirmation letter from IRCC in my account today..I see a statement in this letter “..as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until April 02, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first”.

My understanding was that we have the implied status till the time we get a decision on our BOWP application. But it seems it’s 4 months from date from application.

I am concerned as I have seen the average BOWP processing time is more than 4 months.

Anyone in the same situation??
Any thoughts?

myfic

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
Hi everyone..My current work permit is expiring March 2021..I submitted my BOWP application yesterday and received a confirmation letter from IRCC in my account today..I see a statement in this letter “..as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until April 02, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first”.

My understanding was that we have the implied status till the time we get a decision on our BOWP application. But it seems it’s 4 months from date from application.

I am concerned as I have seen the average BOWP processing time is more than 4 months.

Any thoughts?
Thats weird, does it meant that they have approved your BOWP within 2 days ?? What the title of the letter?

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Thats weird, does it meant that they have approved your BOWP within 2 days ?? What the title of the letter?
It’s not BOWP approval..I think it’s more of a confirmation regarding my implied status while my BOWP is in progress.
Letter title is ‘WP-EXT only except PGWP’.
Full letter text is as follows:
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on ___D_e_c_e_m__b_e_r_0_3_,_2_0_2_0___ (yyyy/mm/dd).
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number>as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until April 02, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

Joshk1987

Jul 29, 2020
Hey Buddy Even I applied yesterday and received the same letter. The date on the letter is the the maximum processing time for BOWP ( 126 days- current time). They have given us the date in accordance to the processing timelines.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hey Buddy Even I applied yesterday and received the same letter. The date on the letter is the the maximum processing time for BOWP ( 126 days- current time). They have given us the date in accordance to the processing timelines.
Thanks Joshk...I hope they will be flexible with this date in case we don’t get approval by then ..

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020

Any thoughts?
This is just a standard they are sending to every applicant post November. I have had applied on 9th and I received a confirmation letter and later this letter. And yeah the maximum date is submission date + 4 months. So chill, this is just something from them with little value to us.

Btw, where did you see that processing time for BOWP is more than 4 months? I have been following this forum and it seems that now a days its just 3 months + few days.

All the best !!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
This is just a standard they are sending to every applicant post November. I have had applied on 9th and I received a confirmation letter and later this letter. And yeah the maximum date is submission date + 4 months. So chill, this is just something from them with little value to us.

Btw, where did you see that processing time for BOWP is more than 4 months? I have been following this forum and it seems that now a days its just 3 months + few days.

All the best !!
Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension)

126 days ?
Paper
126 days ?

You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give your biometrics.

Last update: December 1, 2020

Reactions: Raulaji

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension)

126 days ?
Paper
126 days ?

You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give your biometrics.

Last update: December 1, 2020
I see this... however, in this forum it is being observed what i mentioned!
Anyway.. hoping to see these numbers going down every week.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I see this... however, in this forum it is being observed what i mentioned!
Anyway.. hoping to see these numbers going down every week.
Wel some people are getting approved in 3 months but on other hand there are lot of people waiting for more than 5 months. Don’t know how this trend works.