BOWP Tracker 2020

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
HI Rick..
I am in process of applying BOWP.
I have my PR application file in process.
what should we answer for the question below.
'Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.'
Yes /No.
I am the principle applicant and my wife has a valid work permit and job in NOC B category.
Thanks
If you are the principle applicant then you should answer this as No

vg2013

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I applied for PR via consultant who holds login credentials etc. to IRCC website (myCIC profile). I got the AOR pdf file from the consultant, So, now i need to apply for BOWP in some time as Closed WP is expiring in April.

Do i need to use the same IRCC login to apply for BOWP (maintained by the consultant) or can i create a new login and apply for BOWP? If same login need to be used then, I again would need to take consultant's help which i want to avoid.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I applied for PR via consultant who holds login credentials etc. to IRCC website (myCIC profile). I got the AOR pdf file from the consultant, So, now i need to apply for BOWP in some time as Closed WP is expiring in April.

Do i need to use the same IRCC login to apply for BOWP (maintained by the consultant) or can i create a new login and apply for BOWP? If same login need to be used then, I again would need to take consultant's help which i want to avoid.
No you don’t need same . You can create your own GC key account and apply from their.

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Did anybody get BOWP approval who applied after aug 10 ? I applied on aug 21st still waiting
I submitted mine on aug 16 and it was approved nov 26. I honestly expected it to take much longer but within 9 days of biometrics it pushed it through which is odd as it should have been exempt from needing biometrics.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I submitted mine on aug 16 and it was approved nov 26. I honestly expected it to take much longer but within 9 days of biometrics it pushed it through which is odd as it should have been exempt from needing biometrics.
Biometrics for PR seemed to trigger my BOWP approval too. Still waiting on my refund for biometrics.

Reactions: blondieyo

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
while applying for BOWP, what form do we need to fill out? and when they ask this question which option should I choose?

I am applying for one or more of the following:
1-WP with a new employer
2- Initial WP or WP with a new employer
3- Restoration of your status as a worker
4- Temporary Resident Permit

Thanks for the help!

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
while applying for BOWP, what form do we need to fill out? and when they ask this question which option should I choose?

I am applying for one or more of the following:
1-WP with a new employer
2- Initial WP or WP with a new employer
3- Restoration of your status as a worker
4- Temporary Resident Permit

Thanks for the help!
I enquired with Ircc by calling them. They said that filling 1 or 2 doesnt make any difference as you would get an open work permit. Same form is used for other purposes s well apart from bowp, this question plays key role for those purposes. Hence for bowp, its immaterial whether you mark 1 or 2