+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
AOR date of August 16, 2020. I gave my biometrics for my PR application last week and both profiles show biometrics as completed (and did within a few hours of submitting them). This morning I received a "Correspondence Letter" saying that my biometrics are valid for 10 years and some other information. Has anyone else received this and no if that means the application is close to approval?
Also one other question, is the BOWP an open work permit or do I need to abide by the terms of my previous work permit when it's completed (ie work for the employer listed on my initial work permit)?
Looks like the above was a precursor for approval as my application profile details updated today showing my BOWP was approved. Any one know what happens next?

Joshk1987

Jul 29, 2020
Hi All,
I am in process of applying BOWP.
I have my PR application file in process.
what should we answer for the question below.
'Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.'
Yes /No.
I am the principle applicant and my wife has a valid work permit and job in NOC B category.
Please advice. Thanks

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Looks like the above was a precursor for approval as my application profile details updated today showing my BOWP was approved. Any one know what happens next?
If this is the first time you are providing your biometrics, yes, you will receive a "Letter" mentioning that your biometrics is valid for 10 years. BOWP is an open WP, you should abide by the rules of the previous WP (if it is employer-specific, you should continue working for the same employer listed on your initial work permit)

Last edited:

tikesh.3

Dec 3, 2017
If this is the first time you are providing your biometrics, yes, you will receive a "Letter" mentioning that your biometrics is valid for 10 years. BOWP is an open WP, you should abide by the rules of the previous WP (if it is employer-specific, you should continue working for the same employer listed on your initial work permit)
That’s not true , you can work for any employer and do not need to abide by previous working conditions.

https://www.canadavisa.com/bridging-open-work-permit.html#gs.mc81xv

Reactions: blondieyo

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Reactions: blondieyo

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Apologize for the confusion. when you are on the implied status during bridge work permit processing, then you will have the same conditions as the previous work permit. Once you received BOWP, you don't need to abide by previous work conditions.
Thanks for clarifying!

Joshk1987

Jul 29, 2020
Can someone please advice me on my query
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Yes /No.
I am the principle applicant and my wife has a valid work permit and job in NOC B category.
Thanks

graju89

Dec 2, 2020
Hi All,

I have a PGWP which is expiring in feb 2021 and have received AOR on augest 13th. When I try to find my eligibility for BOWP and get reference code, I have eligibility only for TRV. I think I made some mistakes in answering eligibility questions,

Could anyone here please help me with the answers to get reference code for BOWP.

Thanks in advance.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi All,

I have a PGWP which is expiring in feb 2021 and have received AOR on augest 13th. When I try to find my eligibility for BOWP and get reference code, I have eligibility only for TRV. I think I made some mistakes in answering eligibility questions,

Could anyone here please help me with the answers to get reference code for BOWP.

Thanks in advance.
Watch this video

graju89

Dec 2, 2020
Watch this video
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the video, I watched the video and found where I went wrong. I have a question what should we answer for the question " have you been told by IRCC that you are approved in principle for PR in canada?". I answered no. I have received AOR but it is not approval right?

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the video, I watched the video and found where I went wrong. I have a question what should we answer for the question " have you been told by IRCC that you are approved in principle for PR in canada?". I answered no. I have received AOR but it is not approval right?
It is a bit confusing but i know for sure you have to answer "approved in principle for PR in Canada?" as yes to apply for BOWP.
I did the same and got my BOWP approved

Joshk1987

Jul 29, 2020
It is a bit confusing but i know for sure you have to answer "approved in principle for PR in Canada?" as yes to apply for BOWP.
I did the same and got my BOWP approved
HI Rick..
Yes /No.
Thanks