+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
elyxandria said:
did you go to view submitted status and messages... the message that I received stated just a confirmation of my online submission... for sure you have that one as well...
Yeah i received that one also but it has not saved in my cic account?So what is the current processing time of BOWP and do you know the current processing time for TRV?
Regards
Rabin

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
RabinJi said:
Yeah i received that one also but it has not saved in my cic account?So what is the current processing time of BOWP and do you know the current processing time for TRV?
Regards
Rabin
hi RabinJI...

as per CIC website...

34days for BOWP
5 days for TRV

updated last Jan13/17

when is your WP expiring? mine will be on March18/17... hope we will get our BOWP soon... thanks!

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
elyxandria said:
hi RabinJI...

as per CIC website...

34days for BOWP
5 days for TRV

updated last Jan13/17

when is your WP expiring? mine will be on March18/17... hope we will get our BOWP soon... thanks!
Thanks for the prompt response and +1 for you :(mine is expiring on May 21,Please keep updating if anything comes.
Rabin

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Anybody received BOWP approval letter,please update here,i applied on January 19 so still waiting ...............
Cheers
Rabin

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
RabinJi said:
Anybody received BOWP approval letter,please update here,i applied on January 19 so still waiting ...............
Cheers
Rabin
It's been only 12 days buddy. Chill out! The current processing time is 33 days for a BOWP. So give it 2 more weeks without worrying! Cheers, Tomas

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
TomasX90 said:
It's been only 12 days buddy. Chill out! The current processing time is 33 days for a BOWP. So give it 2 more weeks without worrying! Cheers, Tomas
Ok bro will wait and update here and also please update whoever received.
Regards
Rabin

marsh08

Nov 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am currently very tensed as I am not sure how to proceed with my BOWP application. Can you please guide/advise. Thanks a million in advance. Below is my status

Received PNP Nomination from Ontario as part of the Human Capital Stream - Dec 15, 2016
Invitation received for applying for PR - Dec 22, 2016
Submitted my PR Application on Jan 25, 2017 and got the AOR on the same day
Currently my Post Graduation Open Work permit expires on April 11, 2017

I have a full time job as a Software Developer since June 2014 here in Markham working for IBM. Since my Post Graduation Open Work permit is expiring soon I want to apply for BOWP but when I try to apply online there are few documents in the checklist which I am not sure were to get it from

1. Offer of Employment (required). I can provide the original offer letter
2. Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) I can provide the Nomination Letter I received
3. Letter of Support from Province or Territory ( Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.) I am not sure were do I get this from ? The only document I received was Nomination Certificate from Ontario which I mentioned above
4. Passport (required) I can provide this
5. Proof of medical exam (required) I can provide this
6. Digital photo (required) I can provide this
7. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification. Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.) ] I am not sure were do I get this from either ?

I am having issues gathering documents for Number 3 and Number 7 above. Can someone please help ?

Below is the questions I answered as part of the Find out if you are eligible to apply which produced the checklist

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
•I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry;
•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada;
•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada;
•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada;
•I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
•Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
•Protected Persons in Canada
•Live-in Caregiver in Canada
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
•Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
•Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
•Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;•Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
•Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: •a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement•a military personnel assigned to Canada
•a participant in professional sports activities or events
•an employee of a foreign news company
•a religious worker
No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
No

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
Yes

Which situation best describes your work situation?
I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder

Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer?
No

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

Do you want to submit an application for a family member ?
No

Are you giving someone access to your application?
No
[/quote]

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
marsh08 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am currently very tensed as I am not sure how to proceed with my BOWP application. Can you please guide/advise. Thanks a million in advance. Below is my status

Received PNP Nomination from Ontario as part of the Human Capital Stream - Dec 15, 2016

I have a full time job as a Software Developer since June 2014 here in Markham working for IBM. Since my Post Graduation Open Work permit is expiring soon I want to apply for BOWP but when I try to apply online there are few documents in the checklist which I am not sure were to get it from

2. Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) I can provide the Nomination Letter I received
3. Letter of Support from Province or Territory ( Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.) I am not sure were do I get this from ? The only document I received was Nomination Certificate from Ontario which I mentioned above
7. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification. Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.) ] I am not sure were do I get this from either ?

I am having issues gathering documents for Number 3 and Number 7 above. Can someone please help ?

Below is the questions I answered as part of the Find out if you are eligible to apply which produced the checklist
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
No
the ans should be yes, if you received invitation and have the aor for your express entry application.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
marsh08 said:
Hi Everyone,

You don't need a job offer for BOWP, it's an open work permit. Something must be wrong with your answers

Pedro57b

Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

My OWP will be expired on March 2017, and I would like to apply for BOWP. I have nominee unrestricted letter and AOR. I quit my job last month and doesn't have any job offer at current time. Do I need to have job offer letter to apply for BOWP??? and if not what should I put in the form on the perspective employer section.

Thanks,

snowface0214

Nov 21, 2016
toronto
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/03/2017
Passport Req..
06/06/2017
Hi everyone - quick question on BOWP... Can someone confirm that I cannot submit BOWP application until 4 months before your work permit expires?
I just submitted my Permanent Residency application; however, my PGWP is valid till July and im not sure if i could apply for BOWP now or have to wait till April to do so?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
snowface0214 said:
Hi everyone - quick question on BOWP... Can someone confirm that I cannot submit BOWP application until 4 months before your work permit expires?
I just submitted my Permanent Residency application; however, my PGWP is valid till July and im not sure if i could apply for BOWP now or have to wait till April to do so?
You could easily apply apply after submitted your eAPR and received AOR,but your application wont be approved unless R10 and criminality is cleared.........but they put on hold your application unless those are cleared.
the cic agent told me last week when i called.
Good luck

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
snowface0214 said:
Correct. You cannot apply for BOWP until four months before your current permit expires.

Babandhillon92

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Pedro57b said:
Hello,

My OWP will be expired on March 2017, and I would like to apply for BOWP. I have nominee unrestricted letter and AOR. I quit my job last month and doesn't have any job offer at current time. Do I need to have job offer letter to apply for BOWP??? and if not what should I put in the form on the perspective employer section.

Thanks,
Hi dear,
You dont't need a job offer letter for BOWP. I applied mine on Dec 29th and got approved on Jan 27th ,2017.
I left blank job option in form because I am doing 2 jobs.

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
snowface0214 said:
when is the exact date of your current PGWP?
I believe you need to wait until April...

To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must•be currently in Canada;
• have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
•be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
•have completed one of the following APR stages: ◦their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
•have applied for an open work permit;
•have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
•have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp)