+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
Beemps said:
Hello everyone,

I just joined this forum and I have found this to be very helpful. I am in a critical situation:

My PGWP expired on September, 2015, applied for BOWP before the expiry date but was denied because I had not gotten an ITA and was asked to get an LMIA from my company which of course I was not given because my company said it's too stressful for them. I applied for study permit which was approved till March 31st, 2017.
I was studying and also working part-time in the same company. I got ITA in January under CEC and I have been gathering all my documents, the only document left is my passport which I will be renewing next week then I can submit my application.

Now the question is this? Where does this leave me? I don't intend to stay here as an illegal immigrant and can I still apply for BOWP?
To my understanding, your part-time work in the company while you were in student status will not be considered.

Also once you get an AOR, you can apply for BOWP and stay until a decision has been made on your application. This is called implied status and is not illegal.

mzgblx

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hi all,
Does anyone know if its OK to apply for BOWP even if I will not have a job?
I have a job currently, and am about to submit my application for PR, but my job is ending soon (March 3rd). I will also be travelling out of country so I am thinking to submit it right before I leave. Is this OK or do I need a valid job offfer? I recall seeing that somewhere...

I am thinking to ask my company to give me a contract that will begin before my PGWP expires if so.

Jago88

Jan 5, 2017
AOR: 6th Jan
Applied For BOWP: 7th Jan

WHV: Expired 21st Feb

Need to get this before 1st March for a work trip to San Francisco :'(

lellis2

Nov 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Canadavisa.com folks...

I'm in need of some help/explanations!

Here is my situation:
A.) I'm in Canada on a study permit set to expire in 2020. I'll be dropping out of my program this semester (thus, my study permit will expire on April 31, 2017).
B.) I received my invitation to apply for permanent residency today through the FSW1 path (have work experience in the U.S.).
C.) I am married to a Canadian Permanent Resident.

I have all my documentation ready to submit PR by the end of April (before my study permit officially expires).

Questions:
1.) Do I even Qualify for an open work permit?
2.) Or is it my best bet to apply for a change in temporary resident visa status and switch my status to visitor so that I have legal TRV status with CIC reviews my PR application?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! +1s to those who are able to help/guide me.

You guys are the best.

Cheers

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
mzgblx said:
Hi all,
Does anyone know if its OK to apply for BOWP even if I will not have a job?
I have a job currently, and am about to submit my application for PR, but my job is ending soon (March 3rd). I will also be travelling out of country so I am thinking to submit it right before I leave. Is this OK or do I need a valid job offfer? I recall seeing that somewhere...

I am thinking to ask my company to give me a contract that will begin before my PGWP expires if so.
Hi first submit your pr application as soon as possible,and submit the next day or same day your BOWP through online,but your BOWP wont be approved until your R10 competences is completed which might takes 1 to 2 months.so after your current work permit expires,you will be in a implied status and you can work when your BOWP is being processed.You dont need job offer for BOWP,
I would advised you do not leave that company when your PR is on process for your own safe,sometime cic might call to your employer to verify your documents.One of my my friend he has resigned after he submitted eAPR and cic called to his employer and he told all negative about that guy and now cic is keep on asking so many documents to that guy even he is completed 8 months and still his application is on process.
Good luck

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
lellis2 said:

Here is my situation:
A.) I'm in Canada on a study permit set to expire in 2020. I'll be dropping out of my program this semester (thus, my study permit will expire on April 31, 2017).
B.) I received my invitation to apply for permanent residency today through the FSW1 path (have work experience in the U.S.).

I have all my documentation ready to submit PR by the end of April (before my study permit officially expires).

Questions:
Once you would submitted your eAPR,you are qualified
to apply BOWP same open permit but submit your both application before your study permit expires
2.) Or is it my best bet to apply for a change in temporary resident visa status and switch my status to visitor so that I have legal TRV status with CIC reviews my PR application?
once your BOWP is approved then apply your TRV and they would have issued for one year your TRV.

You guys are the best.

Cheers

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
lellis2 said:

Here is my situation:

Questions:

You guys are the best.

Cheers
If you don't have a valid work permit you can not apply for BOWP. In my understanding you hold a study permit, and unfortunately that does not make you eligible.

lellis2

Nov 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neorol said:
If you don't have a valid work permit you can not apply for BOWP. In my understanding you hodl a study permit, and unfortunately that does not make you eligible.
That's what I thought....! Thank you. So best option would be switching study permit to visitor permit then eh?

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
lellis2 said:
That's what I thought....! Thank you. So best option would be switching study permit to visitor permit then eh?
If you will be an inland PR applicant you will need to have a valid status in Canada. I don't know much about the specific rules for US citizens in Canada though. You might not need a TRV just a visitor record, but I'm just guessing.

lellis2

Nov 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neorol said:
If you will be an inland PR applicant you will need to have a valid status in Canada. I don't know much about the specific rules for US citizens in Canada though. You might not need a TRV just a visitor record, but I'm just guessing.
Yeah fairly certain just need to apply for change of status from study permit to visitor permit. Easy. Thanks for your help!

mzgblx

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
RabinJi said:
Hi first submit your pr application as soon as possible,and submit the next day or same day your BOWP through online,but your BOWP wont be approved until your R10 competences is completed which might takes 1 to 2 months.so after your current work permit expires,you will be in a implied status and you can work when your BOWP is being processed.You dont need job offer for BOWP,
I would advised you do not leave that company when your PR is on process for your own safe,sometime cic might call to your employer to verify your documents.One of my my friend he has resigned after he submitted eAPR and cic called to his employer and he told all negative about that guy and now cic is keep on asking so many documents to that guy even he is completed 8 months and still his application is on process.
Good luck
Thank you! What is R10?
I am leaving on very good terms, and might return to the company after I come back. It is just that my trip is too long for them to keep me on the payroll, and my contract was already at a natural end. I didnt quit or anything, I got a contract renewal but asked for the break :) then they said to get in touch when I come back.

Thank you then, I will submit BOWP application right after my PR application!

Beemps

Feb 15, 2017
reddyreddy said:
To my understanding, your part-time work in the company while you were in student status will not be considered.

Also once you get an AOR, you can apply for BOWP and stay until a decision has been made on your application. This is called implied status and is not illegal.

Okay thank you. Does anyone like to add anything else, please?

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
I would like to share my experience of applying and receiving BOWP here:

AOR received on - 15/01/2017
BOWP applied - 17/01/2017
Received email regarding update on my WP - 18/02/2017

My co-applicant's work permit expires on June 27th, 2017 and my BOWP got extended only until June 27th, 2017 which did not make any sense. After reading several posts in this forum I decided to call IRCC agent and tell them that a mistake has been made and wanted them to re-check the BOWP application. After waiting for an hour on call and after explaining my problem she connected me to another agent which was another half an hour wait. I explained the second agent my situation and she told me that she would leave a note to the VO and this procedure might take 3 months for the VO to reopen and update my application.

I received an email regarding update in my work permit status today afternoon - CIC website was down today so as soon as it went up live I received another email regarding an update in my CIC account. So this happened:

BOWP approved - Date modified to Feb 2018.

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
Hi guys!

I have a quick question. I do have a BOWP and I'm currently out of Canada. Do I need an eTA to enter the country with this kind of visa?

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
rafa2mac said:
Hi guys!

I have a quick question. I do have a BOWP and I'm currently out of Canada. Do I need an eTA to enter the country with this kind of visa?
Do you have a visa for this BOWP?