+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

skoul12

Feb 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have filed an application for Permanent Residence under CEC, and received my AOR. My PGWP is set to expire May 23rd and therefore, I am now applying for a BOWP online.

I need a little guidance with the questionnaire, I believe I might be filling something wrong since it asks me for a LMIA at the end.

Am I supposed to say yes to the following questions:

- Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

- Do you have a written job offer?

I am currently employed but I believe that is irrelavant whilst applying for a BOWP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

vam01

Nov 20, 2014
My wife and me applied for PR in August last year. My work permit expires in June this year and I have applied for BOWP. My wife has an employer specific work permit till June next year. However, I have got a job in a different province and my wife would like to move with me. Is there any way we can get an open work permit for her?

Thank you

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
skoul12 said:
Hi everyone,

I have filed an application for Permanent Residence under CEC, and received my AOR. My PGWP is set to expire May 23rd and therefore, I am now applying for a BOWP online.

I need a little guidance with the questionnaire, I believe I might be filling something wrong since it asks me for a LMIA at the end.

Am I supposed to say yes to the following questions:

- Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
This should be a yes, your AOR is the approval in principle.

- Do you have a written job offer?

I am currently employed but I believe that is irrelavant whilst applying for a BOWP?
You're absolutely correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
As I said on your other post, you're after the 'Open Work Permit'. There is no 'Bridging Open Work Permit' option, because that would make sense and it's the CIC.

simer gill

Aug 14, 2014
Quick Question

How much fee do I have to pay for open work permit extension?

And what should I submit for "Itinerary, Travel (required)" document on my online application?

as I am already working in Canada.

Need expert's advise

Thanks

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
simer gill said:
Quick Question

How much fee do I have to pay for open work permit extension?

And what should I submit for "Itinerary, Travel (required)" document on my online application?

as I am already working in Canada.

Need expert's advise

Thanks
lol, expert advice... these are two of the most common BOWP questions these days.

There are two fees for a BOWP. The application for the BOWP is C$155, but the CIC also collects an additional C$100 fee on all open work permits (since Feb 2015). Total cost is $255.

The itinerary probably shouldn't in the BOWP application, it appeared randomly one day and the CIC are too incompetent to either describe what they require from the form, or to simply remove it. If you have any set dates to leave Canada (vacation, work, whatever) include them. If you have no such plans, let them know. In either case a letter will do the job.

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
HI all,
I submitted my BOWP application along with my wife's SOWP application on Jan 16 2015 (Paper based). Although I received my BOWP on 22 April 2015, my wife didn't get her SOWP yet. So I was thinking to scan and email my BOWP along with a explanation letter to cic to try my luck. Can someone tell to which email-id i can send my documents. Thanks in advance.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Mississauga86 said:
HI all,
I submitted my BOWP application along with my wife's SOWP application on Jan 16 2015 (Paper based). Although I received my BOWP on 22 April 2015, my wife didn't get her SOWP yet. So I was thinking to scan and email my BOWP along with a explanation letter to cic to try my luck. Can someone tell to which email-id i can send my documents. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, there isn't a decent option. The Vegreville office has no contact number, or public email address. Even if they did have an email address, with the CIC being the CIC, their response times would be too long to be worthwhile.

You could try using this tool, but I imagine the response time is pathetic:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
arowberry said:
Unfortunately, there isn't a decent option. The Vegreville office has no contact number, or public email address. Even if they did have an email address, with the CIC being the CIC, their response times would be too long to be worthwhile.

You could try using this tool, but I imagine the response time is pathetic:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks for your advice.

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
jamaican_waiting said:
Quick Question, if I have a BOWP do I need a TRV to travel in and out of Canada still or is the BOWP enough?
Definitely you need TRV (if you are not from visa-exempt country). CIC explicitly states that Work Permit is not a travel document. You can stay with your BOWP in Canada (even if your Visa is expired) but you cannot cross the border to Canada with BOWP only.

jamaican_waiting

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
ip000073 said:
Definitely you need TRV (if you are not from visa-exempt country). CIC explicitly states that Work Permit is not a travel document. You can stay with your BOWP in Canada (even if your Visa is expired) but you cannot cross the border to Canada with BOWP only.
Thanks!

omph

Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Nomination.....
27-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
included
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS shows recvd 24-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
RPRF:28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
in God's time
Mississauga86 said:
HI all,
hi , have you received any successful updates? still waiting for the SOWP its already 90 days.

ARSR

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
I am a PNP PR applicant and I want to apply for BOWP.
I know I need PNP letter and AOR along with my application.
Do I need to attach employment letter also?

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Hi Folks,

I am reading on multiple threads here that CIC is telling people not to apply for BOWP online. Has anyone applied for it online in the last 1-2 months and received it without any issue? Please come forward.

Thanks,
adipadi