+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

deluch

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
0***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP
Hi guys,

I have a little curious about BoPW. My PGWP will be expired on March 5, 2015.

I applied for CEC: June 22, 2014
Got AOR: Aug 7, 2014

I would like to extend my stay here. I come across that If I want to extend my work for more than 6 months I have to have medical exam.

Is anyone having the same thing as me? Please

Thank you

latanaiduV

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
Med's Request
9-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
23-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
18-May-2015
deluch said:
Hi guys,

I would like to extend my stay here. I come across that If I want to extend my work for more than 6 months I have to have medical exam.

Thank you
I applied for BOWP 9 months back. I was not asked for any medicals. bowp is usually for an year.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I applied for paper based BOWP without AOR. But by the time application was processed my AOR was issued and from my profile they got the details and issued BOWP. Did not ask me for any medical even though my last medical in canada for visa purposes was performed in Feb 2012.

So i guess in most cases they dont ask for medical. So when you apply for BOWP most probably they will not ask you for medical as well.

I guess they only ask for medical when applican has spent significant amount of time abroad, which was not the case for me. But its just my opinion.

deluch said:
Hi guys,

Thank you

deluch

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
0***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP
Thank you but online application asks me to upload medical exam (required)

deluch

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
0***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP
MenicMonday said:
^Did you say "Yes" to the question regarding Medical Exam?
yes, i have to i think

deluch

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
0***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP
MenicMonday said:
Try using No.
I assume you havent done any medical exams for the PR application?
I'm doing it online. It asks me to generate the personal checklist code which requires me to extend my temporary work permit for more than 6 months and I have to do it.

Could you tell me if there is another way?

Thanks

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
Received BOWP today.

Applied through paper on 11th September without an AOR but with an explanation letter stating that I already applied for PR.
Received AOR on 21st October.
Received BOWP on 13th November (issued on 5th November - valid for one year).
Total processing time for BOWP including mailing time - 63 days.

It seems like, as long as the AOR is issued before the BOWP application gets processed, an approval could be guaranteed.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Angel1981 said:
Received BOWP today.

Applied through paper on 11th September without an AOR but with an explanation letter stating that I already applied for PR.

It seems like, as long as the AOR is issued before the BOWP application gets processed, an approval could be guaranteed.
Yes.. very much same for me as well.. apart from the timelines.

cec1979

Nov 10, 2014
hello mesumviri and angel1981,

I am in the same scenario as you (applied for CEC, no AOR yet but expected in a couple weeks, work permit expiring in a few days).

I am applying for BOWP and included this cover letter - if you have a moment could you read it over and tell me if what you wrote was similar?

APPLICATION FOR BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT

Please find enclosed my application for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) for applicants for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class.

My current closed work permit is set to expire on November XX, 2014. By submitting this application I understand I will be on implied status until a decision is made.

I have submitted my application for Permanent Residency (PR) under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) which was received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on September 2, 2014. This met the criteria that I had a minimum of 12 months of employment in Canada. I attach here the delivery receipts for your verification purposes.

At the date of this paper application for the BOWP, I have not yet received the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). I anticipate this will be received around the end of November or shortly thereafter. Therefore I kindly ask that at the time of processing this application for the BOWP, you confirm that the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” under my Client ID:XXXXXXXX, or please contact me for the AOR.

smc007

Nov 12, 2014
Angel1981 said:
Received BOWP today.

I have a question. If I apply with this way do I had better apply by mail or on-line?
and after I apply BOWP, if I get AOR should I mail this, too? or immigration officers can check through their system?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
smc007 said:
I have a question. If I apply with this way do I had better apply by mail or on-line?
and after I apply BOWP, if I get AOR should I mail this, too? or immigration officers can check through their system?
If you do not have your AOR, then i suggest the best method would be applying paper based.. send the application along with a letter mentioning CEC PR application providing proofs of your eligibility.. by the time they start checking your BOWP application, if they find AOR# on your profile then you are good.. same happened with me.. you do not need to mail AOR as i did not do it either and still got my BOWP.

smc007

Nov 12, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
If you do not have your AOR, then i suggest the best method would be applying paper based.. send the application along with a letter mentioning CEC PR application providing proofs of your eligibility.. by the time they start checking your BOWP application, if they find AOR# on your profile then you are good.. same happened with me.. you do not need to mail AOR as i did not do it either and still got my BOWP.
thanks mesumrizvi! hopefully it works!

ashlireza

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2014
Hey guys
I was wondering what is the timeline for Online BOWP applications approval. I applied on October 26 online and have not heard anything yet. Checked my CIC account and nothing there either.
It would be great if somebody who applied recently could share their timelines here.