+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
rabi123 said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply online.
Is online faster than paper ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

check processing time frame of paper vs Online in above link

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Hi Friends,
Could you please suggest what details that we need to mention for applying BOWP in IMM5710E Form
(Page-3)
What type of work permit you are applying
And for all the remaining employment related questions.

Do I need to provide the same answers for my spouse as well.

I know, this might be repeated questions, but I couldn't find the details.

Can someone please suggest what details do I need to mention for employment related questions for myself and my wife.

Thanks.

CanadaCECPR

Oct 26, 2014
Hi All,

Please help me in following scenario.

My current work permit is valid till 20-Dec-2014. My current employer is planning to apply for the work permit extension ASAP which can not be waited anymore, due to the fact that my current Work Permit is expiring and they do not want to take any risk. But I am planning to apply for BOWP, my question here is that what if i continue to apply for both work permit. Which one will get precedence, either the open work permit or the employer work permit, or is it on the first come basis.

Any information regarding this is very helpful, also suggestion on which approach should I take.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
CanadaCECPR said:
Hi All,

Please help me in following scenario.

My current work permit is valid till 20-Dec-2014. My current employer is planning to apply for the work permit extension ASAP which can not be waited anymore, due to the fact that my current Work Permit is expiring and they do not want to take any risk. But I am planning to apply for BOWP, my question here is that what if i continue to apply for both work permit. Which one will get precedence, either the open work permit or the employer work permit, or is it on the first come basis.

Any information regarding this is very helpful, also suggestion on which approach should I take.
Relax Bro

Same situation I had 6 Month before .
Let your employer file for WP extension and you will get BOWP in return 100% sure about this
How?
See Here what will happen -
As soon as VO get application for WP ext (which your employer will file)
They take magical no (UCI no)
this will tell VO all your activity which you did
Now If these 3 condition if you fulfill (You have AOR, Current WP will expire in next 4 month, You are in canada) You wll hit jackpot :) ;D

VO will issue your Open WP (although your employer filed for WP ext. with same employer)

This same happened with me , and I know 2 of my friends with same result
So relax and save your # 155 :p :p and don't file another Open WP application

Hope this will help
Good Luck

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
Hi guys i have applied for Bowp without an Aor on 7th october ( paper Application)

I have received my Aor now should i send it to the Vegreville office.

Need a reply asap, its 15 days remaining from today to make it 62 days of processing time.

Thank you.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Maxwell 12345 said:
Hi guys i have applied for Bowp without an Aor on 7th october ( paper Application)

Need a reply asap, its 15 days remaining from today to make it 62 days of processing time.

Thank you.
If you referenced your UCI/Client ID and it has not changed with your PR application you should be fine.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Maxwell 12345 said:

Thank you.
You do not need to provide but if you still wanna be safe just forward CIC AOR email mentioning to use the application # for the BOWP applicatin in process. I emailed them just to be safe but its not necessary.

CanadaCECPR

Oct 26, 2014
CEC_1304 said:
Relax Bro

Same situation I had 6 Month before .
Let your employer file for WP extension and you will get BOWP in return 100% sure about this
How?
See Here what will happen -
As soon as VO get application for WP ext (which your employer will file)
They take magical no (UCI no)
this will tell VO all your activity which you did
Now If these 3 condition if you fulfill (You have AOR, Current WP will expire in next 4 month, You are in canada) You wll hit jackpot :) ;D

VO will issue your Open WP (although your employer filed for WP ext. with same employer)

This same happened with me , and I know 2 of my friends with same result
So relax and save your # 155 :p :p and don't file another Open WP application

Hope this will help
Good Luck
Thanks Bro,

Have you mentioned anything specific while sending your employer WP, so VO to distinguish that your application is a good candidate of BOWP.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
CanadaCECPR said:
Thanks Bro,

Have you mentioned anything specific while sending your employer WP, so VO to distinguish that your application is a good candidate of BOWP.
Nope , ;D ;D