+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
ashlireza said:
Hey guys
I was wondering what is the timeline for Online BOWP applications approval. I applied on October 26 online and have not heard anything yet. Checked my CIC account and nothing there either.
It would be great if somebody who applied recently could share their timelines here.
I applied on 19th Aug-14 and it was approved on 27th Oct-14. I got the mail on 1st November. So i guess you can wait little longer as processing times only seem to be increasing at the moment. I applied CEC in July and got my AOR in 68 days but currently its more than 90 days for many who applied in Aug and Sep... perhaps wait till the year end.. u wont find anything in your CIC profile.

ashlireza

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2014
mesumrizvi said:
I applied on 19th Aug-14 and it was approved on 27th Oct-14. I got the mail on 1st November. So i guess you can wait little longer as processing times only seem to be increasing at the moment. I applied CEC in July and got my AOR in 68 days but currently its more than 90 days for many who applied in Aug and Sep... perhaps wait till the year end.. u wont find anything in your CIC profile.
Did you apply online or paper?
You are definitely right about the processing times though! It is creeping up everyday. I was hoping to hear from somebody with similar timelines to see what's going on. My WP is valid until next FEB but I was hoping to get the new one ASAP and get it over with.
Thanks

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
ashlireza said:
Hey guys
I was wondering what is the timeline for Online BOWP applications approval. I applied on October 26 online and have not heard anything yet. Checked my CIC account and nothing there either.
It would be great if somebody who applied recently could share their timelines here.
Applied 22nd Oct. No updated so far. Probably next week. CIC currently processing 11th Oct last Nov. 7.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

ashlireza

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2014
Cabalen said:
Applied 22nd Oct. No updated so far. Probably next week. CIC currently processing 11th Oct last Nov. 7.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Thanks a lot for sharing

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
ashlireza said:
Did you apply online or paper?
You are definitely right about the processing times though! It is creeping up everyday. I was hoping to hear from somebody with similar timelines to see what's going on. My WP is valid until next FEB but I was hoping to get the new one ASAP and get it over with.
Thanks

i applied paper based thats why took almost 3 months.. usually online takes only 3-4 weeks max..

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
sarab321 said:
Hi,

How long this BOWP valid ?
Is there any expiry also mention ?
Usually valid for 12 Month ,

Yes expiry date will be mention on Doc

deluch

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
0***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP
mesumrizvi said:
i applied paper based thats why took almost 3 months.. usually online takes only 3-4 weeks max..
Hi mesumrizvi

Is AOR mailed to you or e-mail to you? I only have it as an e-mail.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
deluch said:
Hi mesumrizvi

Is AOR mailed to you or e-mail to you? I only have it as an e-mail.
I got AOR in an email.. If you wish u can forward that email to CIC mentioning about your bowp application that u wanna add your AOR to the file.. but they already have all that info in your profile

deluch

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
0***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-23-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP
mesumrizvi said:
I got AOR in an email.. If you wish u can forward that email to CIC mentioning about your bowp application that u wanna add your AOR to the file.. but they already have all that info in your profile
thank you, i think i don't want to mention anything coz they know i have received AoR

CanadaCECPR

Oct 26, 2014
Hi All,

Please help me in following scenario.

My current work permit is valid till 20-Dec-2014. My current employer is planning to apply for the work permit extension ASAP which can not be waited anymore, due to the fact that my current Work Permit is expiring and they do not want to take any risk. But I am planning to apply for BOWP, my question here is that what if i continue to apply for both work permit. Which one will get precedence, either the open work permit or the employer work permit, or is it on the first come basis.

Any information regarding this is very helpful, also suggestion on which approach should I take.