+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
You can apply for BOWP as long as its validity is less than 4 months so do check it that is also the case, just be date specific.
Also if U already have AOR, you do not need an LMO. I applied for paper based BOWP and didn't even include my AOR in my application as I didn't have it then. But I guess they checked my profile and found AOR, thus issued the BOWP.

bolla

Oct 17, 2013
HI Friends,

Got my BOWP. Now I need to inform CIC about the change of employer. Please tell me how can I inform CIC.
Is there any form to be filled up or just an email is sufficient? is this the right email id CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca?

Thanks in advance

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
bolla said:
HI Friends,

Got my BOWP. Now I need to inform CIC about the change of employer. Please tell me how can I inform CIC.
Is there any form to be filled up or just an email is sufficient? is this the right email id CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca?

Thanks in advance
An email will be sufficient (your email address is correct).
Don't forget to add your details like DOB, file no.,....

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
bolla said:
HI Friends,

Is there any form to be filled up or just an email is sufficient? is this the right email id CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca?

Thanks in advance
Refer to the following link for instructions on how to contact CIC to update your file:
http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/how-do-i-email-cpc-ottawa

bolla

Oct 17, 2013
Hi,

I applied under CEC and medicals are done two weeks back. I also got my BOWP.
Now planning for a BOWP for my wife. I can apply online for her, but it is not allowing me to apply online for my kids,
as their status is Temporary Resident holder.

Is there a way to apply online for them as well?

Can someone tell me what form need to be filled up for them to extend their visa?

Thanks in advance

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
I faced similar problem. If you select TRV then it will ask to submit paper based application. Instead, select ti extend visitor permit.

Till now, I haven't receive the original BOWP document which was approved on October 13.

bolla said:
Hi,

Now planning for a BOWP for my wife. I can apply online for her, but it is not allowing me to apply online for my kids,

Can someone tell me what form need to be filled up for them to extend their visa?

Thanks in advance

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
bolla said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
When I did mine, it was for me, wife and 2 kids. I remember in the questionnaire, it was asked if I have family members that I want to include. I just said yes and answered the questions for them. When I got the checklist, other than filling up form IMM5708E to extend their permit, there is an optional document to extend their visas as well. I didn't apply for this one because I will just wait for our PR rather than getting a new entry visa.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Hi Cabalen.. if we apply for travel visa along with BOWP application do we have to pay separate fee for that? how does system calculate that?

Cabalen said:
When I did mine, it was for me, wife and 2 kids. I remember in the questionnaire, it was asked if I have family members that I want to include. I just said yes and answered the questions for them. When I got the checklist, other than filling up form IMM5708E to extend their permit, there is an optional document to extend their visas as well. I didn't apply for this one because I will just wait for our PR rather than getting a new entry visa.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Hi Cabalen.. if we apply for travel visa along with BOWP application do we have to pay separate fee for that? how does system calculate that?

[/quote

I believe so because BOWP is a permit (landing document - the paper about the half the size of the legal/letter paper) then the travel visa is the one they stamp on your passport. Basically 2 separate processing.

I didn't get the entry visa. But the calculation is automatic once you've answered the questions properly. Like my calculation has all the fees for the whole family.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
You can only apply for the visa once you are approved for the permits.
It's a separate application.

If you did the questionnaire/wizard correctly, remember it will give you two options: Apply for an open work permit or apply for a temporary resident visa. Just click on the latter this time.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Actually i already have my BOWP but its duration is not 1 year due to my passport expiry. Now i have applied for passport renewal so I will be apply for bridging to be for full 1 year. My BOWP says duration is less due to passport expiry and with renwewed passport i will be eligible for bowp extension.

I dont want to apply for TRV right now as it will expire a day before current BOWP which would be a waste of money.

So when i apply for extemsion of my BOWP with the new passport, can I also send in TRV application along with it as supplementary or do i have to wait till BOWP is extended to be for full 12 months?

MenicMonday said:
You can only apply for the visa once you are approved for the permits.
It's a separate application.

If you did the questionnaire/wizard correctly, remember it will give you two options: Apply for an open work permit or apply for a temporary resident visa. Just click on the latter this time.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
First, do you really need a TRV (do you expect to travel)?
If you're doing an online application, then I suspect that you need to apply for the TRV only after you get the new BOWP since the TRV will be based on that.

If you are submitting a paper application, then I think you can submit both at the same time, not sure though as I only did an online application.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I guess safer route is to apply for BOWP extension (as it wasn't 12 months due to early passpprt expiry) and then apply for trv.. I can wait for extension since im not planning to travel soon.

MenicMonday said:
First, do you really need a TRV (do you expect to travel)?
If you're doing an online application, then I suspect that you need to apply for the TRV only after you get the new BOWP since the TRV will be based on that.

If you are submitting a paper application, then I think you can submit both at the same time, not sure though as I only did an online application.

smc007

Nov 12, 2014
I have two simple questions,

1. Did anyone get BOWP at the Boarder? Do you think it is possible?

2. After I apply BOWP, can I still stay in Canada even if my original permit is expired and wait for BOWP?

plz help.. ???

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
smc007 said:
I have two simple questions,

1. Did anyone get BOWP at the Boarder? Do you think it is possible?

2. After I apply BOWP, can I still stay in Canada even if my original permit is expired and wait for BOWP?

plz help.. ???
I don't think one can get for BOWP at the border..

After U apply for BOWP.. U can stay in canada on implied status and keep working.. Until a decision is made regarding your BOWP application.