+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Karioca said:
Does anyone who applied online, has received something in CIC mail box before receive the WP?
I got a notice that my file was received and was given the app/file number, to be able to reference when corresponding. MyCIC also sent an email, generically generated by system, informing me that there is a message waiting for me.

rvernoit

Mar 14, 2013
Hello Everyone,
My apologies if my question has already been answered somewhere else. I am really hoping those of you that have already successfully received your BOWP or already sent in your BOWP Application will be able to help me with this question. I intend to call and follow-up with CIC agent on Monday however, I will appreciate some feedback/response.

I am currently applying for a BOWP and I am filling out the IMM5710E Form: Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker. Maybe I am just over thinking this but I am not too sure how to respond to some of the questions.

1. Question 3: I am applying for one or more of the following: (I am wondering what to tick for this question). I am currently on a Post-Graduation Open Work Permit that expires June 15 2013 so I don't know if whether to tick: A work permit with the same Employer OR should I tick a work permit with a different employer OR tick Both. I know it is not Restoration because my permit has not expired. What did you all tick for that question. I am so sorry if this is a silly question I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing especially after having my CEC application returned back to me over 4 times for little errors on my part

2. Under Details of Intended Work in Canada: wondering what the responses were. Thinking of putting the name and address of the Clinic that I am currently working in and maybe adding a letter stating that it is my current place of work but not sure if that is a good idea.

Thank you

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
@ vernoit

1. I clicked both a permit with same employer and permit with new employer. Both are applicable, since its an open work permit.

2. You can provide details, and still apply for a BOWP, but you will probably confused them. Most people left that blank (wrote: N/A), and wrote in employer name field... BOWP application - Not Applicable.

You want to also try and provide an explanation letter stating that you are applying for BOWP under OB485, so that they dont get confused. Attach your AOR as well, if you can. And any other documents you feel are necessary.

More detailed and other related topics are already discussed on the forum/thread.

rvernoit

Mar 14, 2013
Thank you very much CEC2013. Really appreciate the response

CEC2013 said:
@ vernoit

1. I clicked both a permit with same employer and permit with new employer. Both are applicable, since its an open work permit.

2. You can provide details, and still apply for a BOWP, but you will probably confused them. Most people left that blank (wrote: N/A), and wrote in employer name field... BOWP application - Not Applicable.

You want to also try and provide an explanation letter stating that you are applying for BOWP under OB485, so that they dont get confused. Attach your AOR as well, if you can. And any other documents you feel are necessary.

More detailed and other related topics are already discussed on the forum/thread.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
CEC2013 said:
I got a notice that my file was received and was given the app/file number, to be able to reference when corresponding. MyCIC also sent an email, generically generated by system, informing me that there is a message waiting for me.
Thanks CEC2013,
I'm curious to know if the process is approved it not, do we receive an email saying something on our mailbox before receive the paper by mail?

That's what is not clear for me. I also received this message the day applied, and that was it so far.

Thanks so much

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Karioca said:
I'm curious to know if the process is approved it not, do we receive an email saying something on our mailbox before receive the paper by mail?
That's what is not clear for me. I also received this message the day applied, and that was it so far.
Oooooh, I got ya. Dont know, since I'm still waiting, like you guys. My assumption would be yes, but I could be wrong. From how I understood: "By submitting your application electronically, you agreed to receive correspondence electronically." (CIC), they should be submitting at least a message on MyCIC and giving you an update on the decision. Just my opinion.

Lets see what others say... :)

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
CEC2013 said:
Oooooh, I got ya. Dont know, since I'm still waiting, like you guys. My assumption would be yes, but I could be wrong. From how I understood: "By submitting your application electronically, you agreed to receive correspondence electronically." (CIC), they should be submitting at least a message on MyCIC and giving you an update on the decision. Just my opinion.

Lets see what others say... :)
Thanks !!!!
Hopefully I can hear something positive soon. ;D

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Karioca said:
Thanks !!!!
Hopefully I can hear something positive soon. ;D
. It's very inconsistent , some people hav recieved the email saying BOWP approval. Some directly got the BOWP by post . Hope you get yours next week , as of now they are working on feb 23 applications on 10 April .

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
guelphmm said:
. It's very inconsistent , some people hav recieved the email saying BOWP approval. Some directly got the BOWP by post . Hope you get yours next week , as of now they are working on feb 23 applications on 10 April .
Thanks Guelphmm... I sent my applican mid night of feb 28. So I really should hear something soon. And I will let you guys now.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
guelphmm said:
Anyone who recieved BOWP (online application) pls comment whether you got an email from CIC or not?
You get an email from CIC informing you that there's a new message in your MyCIC inbox. Every online application should get this.

In case of BOWP, once you go to MyCIC and click on the message, it will show the text of the message at the bottom of the window. There you will see a link which opens a new page that has your work permit details including number and validity. That can help speed up things with employers so they won't have to wait for paper copy.

In case your application is not approved I would guess CIC will similarly send a message that will appear in MyCIC inbox.

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
thisisauser said:
You get an email from CIC informing you that there's a new message in your MyCIC inbox. Every online application should get this.

In case of BOWP, once you go to MyCIC and click on the message, it will show the text of the message at the bottom of the window. There you will see a link which opens a new page that has your work permit details including number and validity. That can help speed up things with employers so they won't have to wait for paper copy.

In case your application is not approved I would guess CIC will similarly send a message that will appear in MyCIC inbox.
Hi thisisauser just a quick question: what about the applicants chose to file the app via mail/paper means? Do they get somethign back to confirm the receipt of the app package?

Thanks