+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Karioca said:
Thanks ujbaby!!!
I selected New Employer, on the first page; I marked open work permit on the second page; and I wrote n/a on the prospective employer information, as I don't have any job offer.
I attached my WP and I just wrote a message saying that I received my AOR and I wrote the application number. So, actually you don't really need to attach the email you received, but make sure you write your file number, and its also good to mention about the new bulletin, so as much information you can give to them, easier for them, so they don't have to think that much.
Thanks Dear

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
ujbaby said:
Thanks Dear
got BOWP today by post . No email recived, applied online,also phone switchboard even now says about application recieved date only. Online application with letter of explanation and old WP and passport all in one PDF. Applied for my wife along with my application , both recived.

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
guelphmm said:
got BOWP today by post . No email recived, applied online,also phone switchboard even now says about application recieved date only. Online application with letter of explanation and old WP and passport all in one PDF. Applied for my wife along with my application , both recived.

Congrats!!! when did you apply for it? Thanks

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Karioca said:
I just received my BOWP today :)
Congratulations, Karioca! :)

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
guelphmm said:
congrats dear, so it is now clear that we don't need to attach AOR letter with this application. A heavy debate was raised on this forum about attaching AOR letter. some particular member believed u will get rejected without attaching this letter, when I asked him to provide me the link to where it was mentioned to attach this letter, he said that I don't need to argue and that this is new law. I am happy because now u guys have proved them all wrong. BTW, I now got my AOR letter. now don't know whether to attach it or just leave it and apply with explanation letter.

pistolero

Apr 7, 2013
Hi all,

I had applied for my BOWP online on 6th February with a letter of explanation stating that My PR under CEC is in process, i've received my AOR and that my WP is expiring within 4 months. I'd put my PR file number also in the letter of explanation. However my application was rejected on 26th March. When i contacted the call center, the agent told me to apply again with the AOR mail attached. I'm still waiting for the second application. I'd recommend attaching the AOR mail alongwith the BOWP application.

The rejection letter stated that i required an LMO which contradicts what is mentioned in the bulletin. I believe it was a mistake from the VO. Propbably the VO was not aware of the BOWP bulletin.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
pistolero said:
Hi all,

I had applied for my BOWP online on 6th February with a letter of explanation stating that My PR under CEC is in process, i've received my AOR and that my WP is expiring within 4 months. I'd put my PR file number also in the letter of explanation. However my application was rejected on 26th March. When i contacted the call center, the agent told me to apply again with the AOR mail attached. I'm still waiting for the second application. I'd recommend attaching the AOR mail alongwith the BOWP application.

The rejection letter stated that i required an LMO which contradicts what is mentioned in the bulletin. I believe it was a mistake from the VO. Propbably the VO was not aware of the BOWP bulletin.
nope, the mistake is not from VO . it depends on what u wrote on ur application form. if u completed the section about prospective employer, they will definitely ask u to provide LMO. Also if u didn't provide written explanation on what ur applying and quote the bulletin, that will be more complicated

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
pistolero said:
Hi all,

I was afraid of being rejected because I didn't post the bulletin. I think they all can understand. But of course I agree that the most information we attach its better to avoid misunderstanding.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Karioca said:
I was afraid of being rejected because I didn't post the bulletin. I think they all can understand. But of course I agree that the most information we attach its better to avoid misunderstanding.
yes, that's correct. I will be attaching mine as well as my PGWP together with explanation letter, but 3 people so far have received it without such letter but it is good to attach it anyways, nothing to lose. There is a saying: prevention is better than cure lol :D :D

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
pistolero said:
Hi all,

. I applied on feb 27, three main things to remember when u apply for BOWP 1. Selecting open work permit in your application 2. Don't provide any employer details 3. Letter of explanation stating that you are applying for bridging open work permit providing your File number mentioned in ur AOR. Also although they just ask for ur passport copies, include your work permit in the application. Of course you will upload all other documents as requested when u do online questionarrie.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Remember ur AOR email has only file no, it neither states u r elegible for PR nor it tells abt BOWP. Hence it is important to write letter of explanation stating ur applying for BOWP and providing ur file details. I have followed this thread regularly and found that , this was rejected for all those people who failed to provide letter of explanation and did error in filling their application like providing current employer details , not due AOR email

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Of course it's up to every applicant whether they want to include the AOR email or not, they don't have to do it if they don't want to. It's not required.

On the other hand, they already send us the email anyway, what does it hurt to print out that page to send them? Nothing :) if they don't need it, they can just chuck it.. But if they do, then it will save lots of time and potential confusion.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
shells said:
Of course it's up to every applicant whether they want to include the AOR email or not, they don't have to do it if they don't want to. It's not required.

On the other hand, they already send us the email anyway, what does it hurt to print out that page to send them? Nothing :) if they don't need it, they can just chuck it.. But if they do, then it will save lots of time and potential confusion.
. Ok agreed, I was sharing my experience with members who have applied for BOWP without AOR email as few days back this issue created panic among applicants on this forum. Also it is no harm in putting any extra supporting documents with the application like AOR email. All good luck to the applicants.

pistolero

Apr 7, 2013
Hi ujbaby,

I had left the prospective employer section empty and had written a letter of explanation mentioning all required details.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Karioca said:
I just received my BOWP today :)
Congrats, Karioca.

I am a bit relieved that you got yours as we both submitted without the actual AOR email. But it seems like there is another applicant who had been rejected for this reason.
I called the CIC but the agent told me that if CIC requires additional document, they would contact me, and was instructed not to do anything unless I see a message in my CIC account.