+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Ottawa10 said:
Congrats, Karioca.

I am a bit relieved that you got yours as we both submitted without the actual AOR email. But it seems like there is another applicant who had been rejected for this reason.
I called the CIC but the agent told me that if CIC requires additional document, they would contact me, and was instructed not to do anything unless I see a message in my CIC account.
I believe that the applicant gave employers details in his application that might have created confusion....

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
shells said:
Congratulations, Karioca! :)
Thanks Shells!!!
I definitely feel better now. :D

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
guelphmm said:
I believe that the applicant gave employers details in his application that might have created confusion....
yea, not attaching the AOR is not the actual reason for his refusal.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
ujbaby said:
yes, that's correct. I will be attaching mine as well as my PGWP together with explanation letter, but 3 people so far have received it without such letter but it is good to attach it anyways, nothing to lose. There is a saying: prevention is better than cure lol :D :D
You are right! Better more information, than not enough.
Everything will go well!!!

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
For thoes who applied on line and still pending, did anyone try to go back into MyCIC and review your application?
I just did just to make sure I did in fact leave my employment information blank.

When I go back to MyCIC and reviewed my application, it is blank; all my information is gone but says validated.
I got panicked and called CIC. The agent was not too sure of what I was explainig but said it should be normal.

Could anyone please check to see if you can review the application you had submitted or not?
Is it really normal that all the information will disappear once it is uploaded?

Thanks in advance

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Ottawa10 said:
Congrats, Karioca.

I am a bit relieved that you got yours as we both submitted without the actual AOR email. But it seems like there is another applicant who had been rejected for this reason.
I called the CIC but the agent told me that if CIC requires additional document, they would contact me, and was instructed not to do anything unless I see a message in my CIC account.
Thanks Ottawa10.
Yes, That's also what I heard from an agency. I think you will be fine. And if something is not clear, I believe they will send you an email asking for more information. I've read here in the forum someone that was requested by CIC for more information. It looks like it delayed a little bit but the person received the WP.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Ottawa10 said:
For thoes who applied on line and still pending, did anyone try to go back into MyCIC and review your application?
I just did just to make sure I did in fact leave my employment information blank.

When I go back to MyCIC and reviewed my application, it is blank; all my information is gone but says validated.
I got panicked and called CIC. The agent was not too sure of what I was explainig but said it should be normal.

Could anyone please check to see if you can review the application you had submitted or not?
Is it really normal that all the information will disappear once it is uploaded?

Thanks in advance
if what ur talking about is regarding the CIC view documents bottoms, yes they are having issues with it. This means that once ur documents have been uploaded, u cannot retrieve it anymore. if u succeeded in uploading documents and want to view it later, u will not be able to do so. The best thing is to save everything in ur computer before sending it to them.

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
guelphmm said:
. Ok agreed, I was sharing my experience with members who have applied for BOWP without AOR email as few days back this issue created panic among applicants on this forum. Also it is no harm in putting any extra supporting documents with the application like AOR email. All good luck to the applicants.
hi how much it will take time to get bowp

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
ujbaby said:
if what ur talking about is regarding the CIC view documents bottoms, yes they are having issues with it. This means that once ur documents have been uploaded, u cannot retrieve it anymore. if u succeeded in uploading documents and want to view it later, u will not be able to do so. The best thing is to save everything in ur computer before sending it to them.
hi ujbaby,

When I log onto MyCIC, and click on View Checklist for OWP, it takes me to the documents that I have submitted.
Under application, IMM5710 is click-able (2 documents I have submitted under supporting document is not click-able).
So I click on IMM5710, when I do that, all the information that had been entered is gone, including my name, my UCI, address, everything has disappeared) but on the top right hand corner, it says "validated". I have saved my document on my computer, which I have reviewed and printed out prior to uploading on MyCIC. I was just curious to know if this is normal. The agent I have spoken to at CIC did not seem to understand the situation I was describing and said maybe it is the way it is supposed to. I am beginning to think that I should have done this by paper...

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
Ottawa10 said:
hi ujbaby,

When I log onto MyCIC, and click on View Checklist for OWP, it takes me to the documents that I have submitted.
Under application, IMM5710 is click-able (2 documents I have submitted under supporting document is not click-able).
So I click on IMM5710, when I do that, all the information that had been entered is gone, including my name, my UCI, address, everything has disappeared) but on the top right hand corner, it says "validated". I have saved my document on my computer, which I have reviewed and printed out prior to uploading on MyCIC. I was just curious to know if this is normal. The agent I have spoken to at CIC did not seem to understand the situation I was describing and said maybe it is the way it is supposed to. I am beginning to think that I should have done this by paper...
Hi Ottawa,

No worries at this point. If anything is missing, they r gonna contact you before they make decision. I am sure it is a technical difficulty that you cant see whats on the form or it is the way it is supposed to as the agent said.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
rajjj said:
hi how much it will take time to get bowp
Based on CIC reported times...about 40 days. Check CIC webpage 'processing times' for more up-to-date info. They update their numbers every so often.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Ottawa10 said:
hi ujbaby,

did u get email from cic notifying u that ur application was successfully transmitted?? I just submitted mine and I got this message. if u haven't submitted ur application and want to make correction, u can click on the modify button and upload documents again to replace the old one. yea, they are having technical difficulties and u wont be able to retrieve documents once it is uploaded.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
ujbaby said:
did u get email from cic notifying u that ur application was successfully transmitted?? I just submitted mine and I got this message. if u haven't submitted ur application and want to make correction, u can click on the modify button and upload documents again to replace the old one. yea, they are having technical difficulties and u wont be able to retrieve documents once it is uploaded.
Yes, I received a message and I have an application number assigned to my transaction.
since no one is answering this, I think I'm the only one experiencing this issue.
When I review my submitted application, it says validated but missing all the information I provided.
I just do not get this. You cannot validate the document unless you provide all information.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Ottawa10 said:
Yes, I received a message and I have an application number assigned to my transaction.
since no one is answering this, I think I'm the only one experiencing this issue.
When I review my submitted application, it says validated but missing all the information I provided.
I just do not get this. You cannot validate the document unless you provide all information.
u don't need to worry since u have already submitted ur application and got message. Everything will go well. my information is missing as well but I wouldn't worry about it because it was submitted and cic is having technical issues so u wont view anything that was already submitted