+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Yamahar1 said:
Yes but it says the application for temporary. Resident visa????? Also is the fees 150 bucks for everyone or is it just me including the schedule 1 form?? Dammn I dunno why. All these happen to me only?????????why do I need to fill that now?
:( :eek: :mad: :(
Fee is the same for everyone. I filled schedule 1 too. It's not just you. Form is quick and easy to fill.

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Oh..you did it too? Now I am little relieved....thnk god it's not only me.but u know it still doesn make sense why. We have to fill that form..this is not an application for trv...

Also for the photo I just scanned a old photo of me which looks awkward as it was not placed properly on the scanner ...is that okay? Or. We have to go to studio and take one in usb?

And always a big thanks for so quick response from you..God bless.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Yamahar1 said:
Oh..you did it too? Now I am little relieved....thnk god it's not only me.but u know it still doesn make sense why. We have to fill that form..this is not an application for trv...

Also for the photo I just scanned a old photo of me which looks awkward as it was not placed properly on the scanner ...is that okay? Or. We have to go to studio and take one in usb?

And always a big thanks for so quick response from you..God bless.
Please read the instruction guide first. You will miss something otherwise, no matter how many questions you ask here. Detailed photo instructions are available both in the guide and online when submitting.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
thisisauser said:
Please read the instruction guide first. You will miss something otherwise, no matter how many questions you ask here. Detailed photo instructions are available both in the guide and online when submitting.
I don't understand why so many people don't seem to read instructions.. read everything first before asking questions. Read one time don't understand, read another two to three times. Still don't understand, then you ask.

rvernoit

Mar 14, 2013
Hi Shells,
I am not sure if your response is in regard to my post. I am not stupid. I have read the instructions several times both on C.I.C. Website and as well I also called the C.I.C. Call Centre to ask this question before receiving the letter I did today. Needless to say as some people have already pointed out not all CIC Centre Agents have knowledge on the BOWP. I am asking questions because I just want clarification in order to avoid having my application re-sent back to me 4 times like it has happened in the past with my CEC Application. I thought it will be great to talk to people who have already gone through the process. I have read it more than 6 times and hence the reason why I am asking. No need to be curt if you don't feel if deserves your time for a response. If I knew I was going to get such a curt response I would not have even bothered to post this. Please be mindful of how you respond to people - it comes across very hurtful even if that is not the intention. Thank you for your time.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Hi rvernoit,

You misunderstood me. I was talking in response to the photo requirements.
And no, it was never meant in a hurtful way. As I said before previously, CIC probably rejected lots of applications because lots of applicants never read carefully.. This is just carelessness, nothing to do with how stupid or smart someone is.

rvernoit said:
Hi Shells,
I am not sure if your response is in regard to my post. I am not stupid. I have read the instructions several times both on C.I.C. Website and as well I also called the C.I.C. Call Centre to ask this question before receiving the letter I did today. Needless to say as some people have already pointed out not all CIC Centre Agents have knowledge on the BOWP. I am asking questions because I just want clarification in order to avoid having my application re-sent back to me 4 times like it has happened in the past with my CEC Application. I thought it will be great to talk to people who have already gone through the process. I have read it more than 6 times and hence the reason why I am asking. No need to be curt if you don't feel if deserves your time for a response. If I knew I was going to get such a curt response I would not have even bothered to post this. Please be mindful of how you respond to people - it comes across very hurtful even if that is not the intention. Thank you for your time.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
thisisauser said:
Fee is the same for everyone. I filled schedule 1 too. It's not just you. Form is quick and easy to fill.
You know why I am worried?
1. Firstly I think they will be under the impression that I am applying for trv.
2. My travel history is too much to fill...will take a lot of time and effort ;D

But if most of you did it,I guess I should do it as well.

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Hello Friends,

Joining this thread to gather some information and prepare myself before I apply for BOWP. Although I never thought that I would have to. I filed my FSW2 in June 2011, Buffalo office hoping that I will get my PR by 2012. But with the closure of Buffalo office, its not even started.

I applied under CEC in jan 2013 and my work permit expiring Oct 2013. So apparently my both PR application do not seem to get approved by Year end and that is why I am here.

Please not that I have passed the AOR stages in both the cases.

I have following two questions to start with - more will come when I go throught the instructions booklet.

1. My wife and son is also with me so when I apply for BOWP, I should include their application as well. My wife should get Open wp and my son should get Visitors Visa.
2. As my wp is valid until oct so I will be submitting BOWP application in June. My wife's passport is valid until feb 2014. Do you think her Open work permit will not be issued for 1 year but upto Passport validity date.

Appreciate your response.
Thanks

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Yamahar1 said:
You know why I am worried?
2. My travel history is too much to fill...will take a lot of time and effort ;D
But if most of you did it,I guess I should do it as well.
Bro, piece of advice...if it says fill in all of your travel history, then it means, fill in all the travel history. Its not there to be questioned, you should be following the instructions. And I mean this in a nice way, to help out.

I dont know how or why you have so much travel history, but you are not alone. Just last year, I had travelled to over 15 different contries as a crew member, with ports of entry all over. Before that, I travelled all around Europe. What I'm trying to get at is that yes, it will take effort, but it is required. If you cannot manage to recollect all the information, then attach an explanation letter. If its a little inaccuracy you are worried about, I wouldn't stress so much. This has been discussed on a separate thread, where EU passport holders dont have stamps and cant account for a good portion of travels (as an example). So, including an explanation letter and giving details about discrepancy would solve this.

Personally, if its required in the checklist, you should be following it. If you cant, you explain. Its that simple. :)

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
s_w_u said:
Hi all,

It might be better to start another thread to ask this question but I am just too lazy...

I got my PPR today (med delivered Mar 20). RPRF, biodata, and copies of passport pages are sent via email to CIC within 3 hrs the PPR email pop up in my inbox...

On the other hand my PGWP expires May 2. Less than a month from now. And I was planning to submit the BOWP app next week.

My question is, is it possible to have the CEC PR thing wrapped up before my PGWP expires? I dont know much about the timeline after PPR/CoPR...but if I could acquire PR before PGWP expires I could save the C$150 BOWP app fee...

Upto you, but if you apply for BOWP and you get Passport back within your PGWP expiry date, you can always go for cancelling BOWP appliaction and obtain refund.

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
CEC2013 said:
Bro, piece of advice...if it says fill in all of your travel history, then it means, fill in all the travel history. Its not there to be questioned, you should be following the instructions. And I mean this in a nice way, to help out.

I dont know how or why you have so much travel history, but you are not alone. Just last year, I had travelled to over 15 different contries as a crew member, with ports of entry all over. Before that, I travelled all around Europe. What I'm trying to get at is that yes, it will take effort, but it is required. If you cannot manage to recollect all the information, then attach an explanation letter. If its a little inaccuracy you are worried about, I wouldn't stress so much. This has been discussed on a separate thread, where EU passport holders dont have stamps and cant account for a good portion of travels (as an example). So, including an explanation letter and giving details about discrepancy would solve this.

Thanks so much bro...u made it so much easier for me ;)

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
guelphmm said:
Upto you, but if you apply for BOWP and you get Passport back within your PGWP expiry date, you can always go for cancelling BOWP appliaction and obtain refund.
sounds like a good idea...but what I know about the refund policy is that once CIC VO started to process the app you wont be getting any refund even if you file the withdrawal...

I might just postpone my BOWP submission to Apr 22 and see what happen next...hope its not too late for a PGWP that expires on May 2......

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Karioca said:
Thanks
So, did You go to CIC mail box? What did You find there?
Does anyone who applied online, has received something in CIC mail box before receive the WP?

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Karioca said:
Does anyone who applied online, has received something in CIC mail box before receive the WP?
No I was never able to get to my CIC mailbox. The WP just showed up in the post this past Thursday.