+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
guelphmm said:
Is everyone who applied online for BOWP got email notification about the issuance of the visa?

Please share your experiences.
Can you please share what this emails says, for those of us who have not yet applied.
Thanks,

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Karioca said:
I also want to know that. I sent my applican on the 27th of February, I think it's getting close to my application and I haven't received anything.
CIC website says they are working on Feb 23 applications, however i read that one member recieved his last week although he applied on Feb 23 !!!!!!!

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
deepocan said:
>> Karioca
I applied on Jan 11th and got my permit on April 1st.
Did you receive any email before saying of was approved?

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
CEC2013 said:
Ya bud! Dont stress too much. I checked off both and wrote "not applicable" in the other spaces. You dont want to confuse them about what you are applying for. Precisely why I also included an explanation letter stating how I fulfill the criteria, what I'm applying for and mentioned OB 485.

All of that should be sufficient. To be on the safe side, I also included my AOR as an attachment. If you do all of these, the rest is in their hands. So, relax and enjoy the ride... :)
Thanks a lot buddy :)

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Okay sorry to bother you guys so much but today when I was filling the application, I faced even more difficulties. This is really frustrating :(.....pls answer the following questions :
1. The very first question ask UCI? What is this now?
2.Then there is a question asking for. Document number (work pmt)..where do I find that?
3. The details of intended employment part.....most difficult one..here they will not accept N/A for the dates,number......like duration of expected employment, quibec acceptance certificate number,lmo number, evn number ,description of duties...i tried several times but failed. I tried leaving them blank but can't validate :mad:..
4. The biggest headache..they won't even en let me sign now..tried many times but no useful results again.
5. Lastly if I choose to submit it by mail,what am I. Supposed to do? Print the blank app form,fill by hand and send or validate the form,print and include that in the package?

I know I am being too silly and bothersome but trust me you guys are my only hope. I called cic call Centre 2 times and they seem to be more confused than me :-[....so kindly help me out..thanks,.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Yamahar1 said:
Okay sorry to bother you guys so much but today when I was filling the application, I faced even more difficulties. This is really frustrating :(.....pls answer the following questions :
1. The very first question ask UCI? What is this now?
2.Then there is a question asking for. Document number (work pmt)..where do I find that?
3. The details of intended employment part.....most difficult one..here they will not accept N/A for the dates,number......like duration of expected employment, quibec acceptance certificate number,lmo number, evn number ,description of duties...i tried several times but failed. I tried leaving them blank but can't validate :mad:..
4. The biggest headache..they won't even en let me sign now..tried many times but no useful results again.
5. Lastly if I choose to submit it by mail,what am I. Supposed to do? Print the blank app form,fill by hand and send or validate the form,print and include that in the package?

I know I am being too silly and bothersome but trust me you guys are my only hope. I called cic call Centre 2 times and they seem to be more confused than me :-[....so kindly help me out..thanks,.
1. Your Client ID. It's on all your Study, Work and other permits. Take a look.

2. Also on your permits, this is not labeled, but it's on top right in black and starts with a letter, ends with 9 digits.

3. Use latest Adobe PDF Reader. I left those either empty or N/A. You should be able to as well.

4. Sign? There is no signing unless you submit paper. For online application the signature is a "digital signature". Following the instructions online you will get there.

5. You should fill it digitally, validate and then print and sign and mail. I would however recommend online application since it's much faster to process and easier and you avoid some mistakes since it's a guided process.

It's not silly and bothersome, you have some legitimate questions but from other questions it is evident that you did not bother reading the guide or briefly reviewing your current work permit. Set aside some time and read the application guide first, then look up your other immigration documents, then fill the forms patiently.

savinca

Sep 18, 2012
anyone under CEC with LMO+Closed Work Permit, has applied for this BOWP?

How did you answer the online question:

1. "Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? Yes or No?"

2. "Do you have a job offer"? Does it require a job offer? since current status is LMO+Closed WP

3. If send in application for BOWP now, can I start working for new employer and new job right away? or still have to wait till the new BOWP is issued?

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
guys..did u fill in the schedule 1 along with imm5710 or is it just optional and we do not need to upload that?

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karioca said:
Did you receive any email before saying of was approved?
No, I didn't get any email from them, just a reminder that I have a new msg in my CIC mailbox.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
deepocan said:
No, I didn't get any email from them, just a reminder that I have a new msg in my CIC mailbox.
Thanks
So, did You go to CIC mail box? What did You find there?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Yamahar1 said:
guys..did u fill in the schedule 1 along with imm5710 or is it just optional and we do not need to upload that?
If the online application asks for it, fill it. Better be safe.

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
Hi all,

It might be better to start another thread to ask this question but I am just too lazy...

I got my PPR today (med delivered Mar 20). RPRF, biodata, and copies of passport pages are sent via email to CIC within 3 hrs the PPR email pop up in my inbox...

On the other hand my PGWP expires May 2. Less than a month from now. And I was planning to submit the BOWP app next week.

My question is, is it possible to have the CEC PR thing wrapped up before my PGWP expires? I dont know much about the timeline after PPR/CoPR...but if I could acquire PR before PGWP expires I could save the C$150 BOWP app fee...

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Yes but it says the application for temporary. Resident visa????? Also is the fees 150 bucks for everyone or is it just me including the schedule 1 form?? Dammn I dunno why. All these happen to me only?????????why do I need to fill that now?
:( :eek: :mad: :(